Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Am I the only one who doesn't know what anchor points are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

check_six wrote: »
    They are everywhere when you look closely, the ceiling, the chairs, the wall of the bathroom! :eek::eek: The CGI'd what it would look like if it was normal version in the last couple of photos are almost unrecognisable. It's a very small apartment to pack in so much hijinks.

I can see 14, though presume there's more on the bottom of bathroom padded wall & the top of the bed :D

Think sexy times. And handcuffs, ropes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

check_six wrote: »
    They are everywhere when you look closely, the ceiling, the chairs, the wall of the bathroom! :eek::eek: The CGI'd what it would look like if it was normal version in the last couple of photos are almost unrecognisable. It's a very small apartment to pack in so much hijinks.

I prefer the original to the cgi. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Now I wouldn't have as many boobies on show, but I do think it's lovely. The amount of detail in the mosaic work etc. For a themed house I think it is done rather tastefully to the theme.

I get people not liking it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

For stopping the sheep from moving.

I can see 14, though presume there's more on the bottom of bathroom padded wall & the top of the bed :D

Think sexy times. And handcuffs, ropes etc.

I can't see them! I'm intrigued though. :p

ETA: I zoomed in and spotted some. Kinky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I can't see them! I'm intrigued though. :p

4 x love hearts in a corner of the bedroom, hanging on ceiling.
    4 x on weird chair, sofa thing in bedroom.
    2 x black hoops on ceiling above bed.
    2 x silver shackles on bottom of bed legs.
    4 x on padded wall in bathroom, can see the bottom ones now.

My social isolation lunacy is setting in I think :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

If you like being reminded of past residents banging each other around the house, then that house is for you. It's not just a case of a new mattress. I'd say the kitchen counter and dinner table would have to go too.

4 x love hearts in a corner of the bedroom, hanging on ceiling.
    4 x on weird chair, sofa thing in bedroom.
    2 x black hoops on ceiling above bed.
    2 x silver shackles on bottom of bed legs.
    4 x on padded wall in bathroom, can see the bottom ones now.

My social isolation lunacy is setting in I think :pac::pac:

My house feels very boring now. :D

If you like being reminded of past residents banging each other around the house, then that house is for you. It's not just a case of a new mattress. I'd say the kitchen counter and dinner table would have to go too.

Yeah, you'd need a forensics lamp and an ocean of bleach, maybe a fumigator too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is saying something when the window girl in pic 13 is not the weirdest part of the house.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    And no, it isnt a brothel. It is a freelance illustrator's home

Freelance illustrator.....yeah right. :pac::pac::pac:

Yeah, you'd need a forensics lamp and an ocean of bleach, maybe a fumigator too :D

You'd be blinded with the glow if you switched on a blue light in that place. :pac::pac::pac:

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You'd be blinded with the glow if you switched on a blue light in that place. :pac::pac::pac:

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Freelance illustrator.....yeah right. :pac::pac::pac:

No.. really.

From the description and via google translate
    In any case, this very charming and imaginative 2-room apartment makes an unforgettable statement that artist and illustrator Willemijn de Lint has worked on for almost 3 years.

Her website: http://sugarworks.nl/sin-suite-exciting-bed-and-breakfast-in-haarlem.html

Okay... so it is a B&B for people who are done with the missionary position...
    But just in case you are wondering... cant be booked anymore.

No.. really.

From the description and via google translate

Her website: http://sugarworks.nl/sin-suite-exciting-bed-and-breakfast-in-haarlem.html

Okay... so it is a B&B for people who are done with the missionary position...
    But just in case you are wondering... cant be booked anymore.

So her pictures give a different take than the estate agents ones...... Am I seeing "swimmers" in the counter top design? Yeah I think that's abit too much.

Not a hope I'd buy an apartment that was rented out for "good times".

So her pictures give a different take than the estate agents ones...... Am I seeing "swimmers" in the counter top design? Yeah I think that's abit too much.

I bet you would if you were to continue the "trade" with the knowledge that it would be almost always fully booked! ;)
    (post virus of course)

I bet you would if you were to continue the "trade" and know that it would be almost always fully booked! ;)

Once I don't have to clean it.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Estate agent doesnt mention it was a B&B, no.

Would you buy an apartment that had been on Airbnb?

I mean... if you dont want to buy a place where "good times" have been had, you are stuck to buying new builds, i am afraid.

The estate agent has a close up picture of the countertop and you can see fish, it just wasn't obvious it was the countertop!

I wonder who the neighbours are and if they hope it will become a regular apartment.

It's strange for us because it's illegal here, but if those walls could talk I'd be all ears! :D

Estate agent doesnt mention it was a B&B, no.

Would you buy an apartment that had been on Airbnb?

I mean... if you dont want to buy a place where "good times" have been had, you are stuck to buying new builds, i am afraid.

An now there's a difference between buying a second hand house / apartment and buying one that was designed purely for kinky hook ups. Especially when it's rented by the hour!

• Advertisement

The estate agent has a close up picture of the countertop and you can see fish, it just wasn't obvious it was the countertop!

I wonder who the neighbours are and if they hope it will become a regular apartment.

It's strange for us because it's illegal here, but if those walls could talk I'd be all ears! :D

The outside of the apartment looks very "normal" and reserved.

I wouldn't like living next door to it, but yeah I'd be all ears too... But would probably be wearing a hazmat suit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

The creepy old fashioned pram in picture 3 :eek::eek::eek:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/liscooley-castlefin-co-donegal/4410321

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/liscooley-castlefin-co-donegal/4410321

How much to spend a night in there on your own?

Pointless taking interior pictures of places like that. It’ll be torn down and rebuilt on by anyone that purchases. Doubt the exterior brickwork will even be kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Granny flat with a chimney - never seen that before :D

Some of the 1970s carpeting still in good condition. That stuff brings back memories..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

That's a good property for the price and once you've exorcised Rosemary's baby it could be lovely - they don't say if there's any land or garden but I'm sure there is. I'd overlook its decorative shortcomings :D

PommieBast wrote: »

Some of the 1970s carpeting still in good condition. That stuff brings back memories..

That’s not a granny flat. Not sure what your understanding or understanding of what granny flats are, but that’s not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭PommieBast

That’s not a granny flat. Not sure what your understanding or understanding of what granny flats are, but that’s not one.
    Some sort of annexe. Just noticed it had a few handles and did not put much thought into it.

Some sort of annexe. Just noticed it had a few handles and did not put much thought into it.

That’s not any sort of annex either. The plans are on the link. It’s very obviously a small yet substantial main dwelling.

Looks like a typical 1950s bungalow with a 1970s extension, rural Ireland is full of houses like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

The central heating likely in the shed. Not unusual to have the boiler in a different building

Advertisement