Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I don't see a door in the corner of the kitchen? There's a white shelf unit in one corner and a wooden unit beside the fridge.

My bad. I thought it was architrave around a door. It is indeed a shelf. And I didn't realise the glass doors were on a wardrobe. :o:o:o

Somebody was really pennypinching when they were doing up that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

BattleCorp wrote: »
    My bad. I thought it was architrave around a door. It is indeed a shelf. And I didn't realise the glass doors were on a wardrobe. :o:o:o

Somebody was really pennypinching when they were doing up that house.

It might not be to everyone's taste, but some people like a rustic look in a kitchen. The wardrobe doors are an eyesore but very easy to change.

Sure look at Dermot Bannon pushing plywood kitchens and cement floors!

Have to be honest, I also don't see anything wrong with that 135k house at all. Most people would rip out a kitchen and replace it anyway, so doesn't really matter what the kitchen is like. Same for the Wardrobe; you'd get proper doors (or sliding doors) for feck all. I'm surprise so many people are getting confused about those wardrobe doors.

It probably would have been worth the while to either leave doors off the wardrobe or get proper doors for the photos, considering many people think they're a problem with the house.

The wood pillar could be covered over to look more modern (looks like it's supporting, and it has the fusebox, so likely needs to be left there, though).

If the area is half decent, i'd say it'd be a great buy.

I've just read the description, the kitchen is made from cedar so not cheap, but the floor are red deal that's obviously been stained.

The owner could be a carpenter and did the work themselves, they definitely like the look of wood. You could probably hang doors on the kitchen and keep the cedar countertop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

Should I buy it ?

or should I cough up about twice as much for

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/station-house-13a-howth-summit-howth-dublin/4432668

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I know that house and it will sell, no bother. Location is king.
    The house needs a bit of work though but its still a cheap way in to that neighbourhood.

I hope you are right on that

What could you do with a site so small ?

Between the bus terminus, Gaffneys and the summit gawper traffic it aint ever going to be quiet

And thats before you get stuck into the real problem in the area - Mamils

Makes the site for sale near Sutton X with PP for 400M2 house asking 600k seem cheep :p

:D

517398.png

I know it's Howth, but it would be akin to living on a roundabout.

It could be lovely if you could afford the purchase price and renovation work, but it's very poorly situated.

I know it's Howth, but it would be akin to living on a roundabout.

It could be lovely if you could afford the purchase price and renovation work, but it's very poorly situated.

Agreed !

Though, on the plus side it seems to have the 'new style' 13Amp sockets - which is more than can be said for my present abode :D

Agreed !

Though, on the plus side it seems to have the 'new style' 13Amp sockets - which is more than can be said for my present abode :D

It looks like it's been empty since the wake of the last owner.

(The chairs in pic 8 look like they were arranged for a wake)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I know that house and it will sell, no bother. Location is king.
    The house needs a bit of work though but its still a cheap way in to that neighbourhood.

Is that just across from the summit pub/k2/ Senates whatever you remember it by :D

It looks like it's been empty since the wake of the last owner.

(The chairs in pic 8 look like they were arranged for a wake)

Indeed :(

I have recollections of seeing many house in this sort of order in the 50's and first half of the 60's.

Is there a table anywhere ? I would expect a rickety timber one with old newspapers as a table cloth

Look hard and you might find a roll of

517399.jpg

under the floor or behind a press

All a bit sad :(

I'll have the one in Co. Kilkenny so :)

Is that just across from the summit pub/k2/ Senates whatever you remember it by :D

It is indeed, on that little island just opposite.
    Great spot for a party after hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Yeah, its on the old tram line. If I had the cash I'd grab it right now. The potential there is amazing

It is indeed, on that little island just opposite.
    Great spot for a party after hours!

Yeah you Coul bring your drinks across and sprawl out on the grass on a sunny day..... Though probably not "supposed" to.

Yeah, its on the old tram line. If I had the cash I'd grab it right now. The potential there is amazing

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes over asking price, though I'm not sure I'd want to live so close to a nightclub.... Though not sure if the nightclub is still open tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wow, that's like a time machine, or a museum piece, or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Agreed !

I see "outhouse" on the map - does it actually have a sewer connection..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's a beautiful building and I hope the new owners try to retain the character of the property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

PommieBast wrote: »
    I see "outhouse" on the map - does it actually have a sewer connection..?

Probably a compostable toilet or a "glitter ****ter". Oh yeah its a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Groovy....

ce8ac1ec604edfd57351f7291918b0a3.jpg

30+ more pics to feast your eyes on

https://www.funda.nl/koop/haarlem/appartement-87354056-gedempte-raamgracht-12-zw/#foto-1

And no, it isnt a brothel. It is a freelance illustrator's home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Ahahaahahaha they censored the angel's arse!!!!

My eyes...my eyes are burning...

It's unique anyway! I couldn't live with it, especially the psychedelic black and white tiles, I'd get dizzy looking at them.

I wonder will the new owner renovate it or keep it as is?

I would renovate as is.
    With a wrecking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

inforfun wrote: »
    Groovy....

30+ more pics to feat your eyes on

https://www.funda.nl/koop/haarlem/appartement-87354056-gedempte-raamgracht-12-zw/#foto-1

And no, it isnt a brothel. It is a freelance illustrator's home

They didnt bother removing the anchor points on the feet of the bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That's how I would have painted my house when I was 10.

To quote Homer (no, not that one) "Its gonna take a lot of fireworks to clean this mess up".

Ahahaahahaha they censored the angel's arse!!!!

And boobs.

I kinda like it though... 20's me would have loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

That is a serious amount of work and detail gone into that house.... Not my style but that work is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

ED E wrote: »
    They didnt bother removing the anchor points on the feet of the bed :D

They are everywhere when you look closely, the ceiling, the chairs, the wall of the bathroom! :eek::eek: The CGI'd what it would look like if it was normal version in the last couple of photos are almost unrecognisable. It's a very small apartment to pack in so much hijinks.

Advertisement