Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,609 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sure you'd spend your whole life hoovering :pac:

And just the curtains at that, you'd never get to the floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

humberklog wrote: »
    It looks like a waiting room in Dignitas for disappointed architects, dejected interior designers and light fitters that were given the wrong dimension drawings.

And they're all going down that stairway into hell.

51208704142_4fcd22edc5_z.jpg[

"And what was your design inspiration for the landing?"

'Neapolitan ice cream'

Apologies, if this has already been posted.

But I'm trying to figure out, how they get 'in' to cook. Do they hop over the counter or come through the front window??

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-mullins-ballyshannon-co-donegal/3235855

• Registered Users Posts: 16,609 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Jake1 wrote: »

But I'm trying to figure out, how they get 'in' to cook. Do they hop over the counter or come through the front window??

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-mullins-ballyshannon-co-donegal/3235855

Bizarre!

I did laugh at the dressed mannequin in the walk in wardrobe though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's a pen for the wife, just throw her. in Sure why would she want to leave the kitchen!

Think there's a hatch on the right that the counter lifts like a bar hatch. Bizzare in a house.

YjFlNzEwNDUzNWQyZDE3NGJkYjkzMjNmOThiY2NlOTPByuBC8TRqzwf4QzshD2IFaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2IvZS9iZTg3YWQ3ZTQ4NmI3MDFmZWRhZTlmZmI3ZTNjNmQ3OC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    It's a pen for the wife, just throw her. in Sure why would she want to leave the kitchen!

Think there's a hatch on the right that the counter lifts like a bar hatch. Bizzare in a house.

YjFlNzEwNDUzNWQyZDE3NGJkYjkzMjNmOThiY2NlOTPByuBC8TRqzwf4QzshD2IFaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2IvZS9iZTg3YWQ3ZTQ4NmI3MDFmZWRhZTlmZmI3ZTNjNmQ3OC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

that would be too much of a hindrance for me. Lifting a hatch and moving the press underneath away, with your dinner plates in hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Could they not have given the toilet a bit of an ol' scrub before taking the photos?:o

NTg1-Nzkx-Yz-Yy-OWY0-Nzdm-Nj-U2-Njdi-NDRm-Mjdh-OGRh-Y2-Jnnhv9-OA1i-C26sj-Gpb7-S7a-HR0c-HM6-Ly9z-My1l.webp
    Screenshot-20210529-010347-Gallery.jpg

Could they not have given the toilet a bit of an ol' scrub before taking the photos?:

NTg1-Nzkx-Yz-Yy-OWY0-Nzdm-Nj-U2-Njdi-NDRm-Mjdh-OGRh-Y2-Jnnhv9-OA1i-C26sj-Gpb7-S7a-HR0c-HM6-Ly9z-My1l.webp
    Screenshot-20210529-010347-Gallery.jpg

:eek: looks like you'd need a chisel to get that off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

that would be too much of a hindrance for me. Lifting a hatch and moving the press underneath away, with your dinner plates in hand :)

Yea it's ridiculous. You'd just end up leaving it up all the time. I used to just swing under it most of the time in the bar!

Ryath wrote: »
    Yea it's ridiculous. You'd just end up leaving it up all the time. I used to just swing under it most of the time in the bar!

Very strange to have one in a domestic house :D
    You'd be limbo-ing to the table delivering the meals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

The falling through the bar in Only Fools and Horses springs to mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'll tell you something though. €355k is an absolute steal for a lakeside property like that. You'd be looking at near 2 mill anywhere within an hour of Dublin. Kitchen can be refitted, even the toilet can be replaced. As long as the broadband infrastructure is there it looks like the perfect permanent Work from home set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

flazio wrote: »
    I'll tell you something though. €355k is an absolute steal for a lakeside property like that. You'd be looking at near 2 mill anywhere within an hour of Dublin. Kitchen can be refitted, even the toilet can be replaced. As long as the broadband infrastructure is there it looks like the perfect permanent Work from home set up.

It’s not really lakeside though is it? Looks like there is a road and then another house directly between this one and the lake. It does mention a 15m strip of private access to the lake, but there’s no pictures of it and no indication on the map of where it is. You’d think it would be something they would make a big deal of if it was a major selling point, but it’s definitely not like the gardens flow down to the lake edge or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭looksee

https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap/

There is nothing on Land Direct to show access either.

Very strange to have one in a domestic house :D
    You'd be limbo-ing to the table delivering the meals

Probably it was a b&b or even a cafe at one stage.

flazio wrote: »

It’s an excellent house. Someone living in Dublin in a 400k semi, who can wfh and is ok with, or has relations in Donegal, that would be a no brainer. Even has an excellent office space.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Fine "Lake adjacent" so :p
    I still maintain that a 4 bed with a separate office building for well under half a mill isn't exactly rip-off Republic. It'd just depend on the facilities surrounding Ballyshannon. Schools, shops, roads etc.

Google maps says that the current owners run a business called October House Designs so who knows, maybe there's other properties with that penned off kitchen design.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,096 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ballyshannon is grand, big enough town. Close to Sligo, Donegal town, Bundoran, beaches/mountains/lakes of Fermanagh, everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This house belonged to Daniel O'Donnell at one time.
    He sold it in 2007.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-donegal-shore-house-cruit-lower-kincasslagh-co-donegal/3245303

Sold to who, the King of the Travellers? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Jeepers, some of you people are forensic when it comes to on-line house viewing. Impressive! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭wassie

dukes-of-hazzard-famous-hood-slide-capture.jpg

Southern style!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Jeepers, some of you people are forensic when it comes to on-line house viewing. Impressive! :)

I love this thread, but as long as it’s going, there’s no way I’m ever selling my house.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Sold to who, the King of the Travellers? :D:D:D

A bit more about it in the attached. Sold for almost 3m at the time, and apparently Daniel designed the house...

https://extra.ie/2021/05/27/property/daniel-odonnell-mansion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I love this thread, but as long as it’s going, there’s no way I’m ever selling my house.

Oh, you've gotta post pics now!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A bit more about it in the attached. Sold for almost 3m at the time, and apparently Daniel designed the house...

https://extra.ie/2021/05/27/property/daniel-odonnell-mansion

really obvious why he is the former boss.
    The Donegal property was sold during the height of the boom in 2007 for almost €3 million.

The eight bedroom and eight bedroom house is on the market now for less than €1 million.

Former Irish Psychics Live Boss Tom Higgins bought Donegal Shore House, at Cruit Lower of Kincasslagh on the coast of Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Irish Psychics conference is cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"I aim to keep the bathroom clean... your aim will help"

So original :rolleyes: I just regard that sort of stuff as penis envy :pac:

and that barcode carpet is fecking horrible

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭KevRossi

We fitted a kitchen with a hatch like that before. It was to keep the dogs out of the kitchen. A huge lummox of a Labrador and a Jack Russell. The Labrador stole the pizza that we ordered one evening when working late trying to get the job done, so I got what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

KevRossi wrote: »
    We fitted a kitchen with a hatch like that before. It was to keep the dogs out of the kitchen. A huge lummox of a Labrador and a Jack Russell. The Labrador stole the pizza that we ordered one evening when working late trying to get the job done, so I got what they were doing.
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

KevRossi wrote: »

They'd never steal my pizza again. :D

fV0R879.jpg

Advertisement