Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Aubeymang to Kane.

Absolute no brainer... proven!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Bank and use FT to bring in Sterling and Jesus for Marhez and Vardy.

Maybe take a -4 to take out De Hea for extra funds. Bring in Leicster keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

This is a funny situation which perhaps someone has come across before. I played my free hit last week so right now my team looks like this under the points tab:

449036.png

But if I go to My Team it looks like this:

449037.png

Note that Eriksen is in the team, not David Silva. Ditto on the Transfers screen:

449038.png

I haven't made any transfers this week, but as it happens, selling David Silva for Eriksen was exactly what I had intended on doing.

Is this some glitch in the game or something I am missing in the Free Hit and how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Earthhorse wrote: »
    This is a funny situation which perhaps someone has come across before. I played my free hit last week so right now my team looks like this under the points tab:

449036.png

But if I go to My Team it looks like this:

449037.png

Note that Eriksen is in the team, not David Silva. Ditto on the Transfers screen:

449038.png

I haven't made any transfers this week, but as it happens, selling David Silva for Eriksen was exactly what I had intended on doing.

Is this some glitch in the game or something I am missing in the Free Hit and how it works?

I played mine too and on the "My team tab my team was exactly as it was pre FH. Money in bank is same too.
    Possible glitch which could rectify itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Looks to me like you played your FH and only made one transfer of Silva for Eriksen, next weeks team reverses this. Check your transfer history to see what transfers you made and gameweek history to see if you played any chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

AdpRo wrote: »
    Looks to me like you played your FH and only made one transfer of Silva for Eriksen, next weeks team reverses this. Check your transfer history to see what transfers you made and gameweek history to see if you played any chip.

Yep looks like you made the above transfer, plus dubravka for lossl and Perez for mounie as your FH changes

AdpRo wrote: »
    Yep looks like you made the above transfer, plus dubravka for lossl and Perez for mounie as your FH changes

Nope. To make it clearer here's my transfer history:

449056.png

As you can see I haven't made any transfers this week yet Eriksen is back in my team. But the other transfers have stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

All 3 have reversed like they should on the FH. You got Silva and the other 2 for 1 week only, your team is now back to gw34 as seen in the my team picture and the transfer page.

You're right. I'm an idiot. :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Key week this.

Many of those who used FH don't have City in their teams. Or Liverpool. Or Spurs.

Many have multiple Leicester who seem to be on the beach.

Decisions.

There will be lots of movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Thinking of not bothering with Kane and just holding fast with Lacazette & Jesus up front with an eye towards a TC Jesus in GW 37.

If Kane performs this week I'll get him in for the DGW.

Am I playing with fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

BackforFPL wrote: »
    Thinking of not bothering with Kane and just holding fast with Lacazette & Jesus up front with an eye towards a TC Jesus in GW 37.

If Kane performs this week I'll get him in for the DGW.

Am I playing with fire?

Depends on your situation and your aim to be honest.

If you are more interested in your ML, then have a look at the teams around you and see how many have Kane.

I have a small lead in mine. No one around me has Kane, or can get him without major surgery, so I am thinking of holding off. He doesn't warrant a place on current form, but outside of Jesus, who else is there for an expensive forward spot? Vardy perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I badly need some help….my Excel sheet is no good to me right now..

Have been comfortably leading my money league for yonks but a poor couple of weeks for me combined with a rival playing a decent BB and FH have slashed my lead to a mere 25 points.

My own planning was ok-ish but a couple of margin calls went against me, mainly going for Sane over Sterling last week.

The rival has TC left and I have BB……he has Kane and will probably get Jesus in this week I’d say.

My current front 8 is:

Kenedy | Salah | Zaha | Sane | Willian

Jesus | Wood | Aubameyang

Have 4.1M ITB and can afford right now (with 0.2M leftover) to do Willian & Aubameyang out for Sterling & Kane for a hit…..not overly enthused with Kane but not having him could be a disaster if he finds form against Watford.

Any advice appreciated, cheers cm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Invincible

Cartman78 wrote: »

Have been comfortably leading my money league for yonks but a poor couple of weeks for me combined with a rival playing a decent BB and FH have slashed my lead to a mere 25 points.

My own planning was ok-ish but a couple of margin calls went against me, mainly going for Sane over Sterling last week.

The rival has TC left and I have BB……he has Kane and will probably get Jesus in this week I’d say.

My current front 8 is:

Have 4.1M ITB and can afford right now (with 0.2M leftover) to do Willian & Aubameyang out for Sterling & Kane for a hit…..not overly enthused with Kane but not having him could be a disaster if he finds form against Watford.

I'd say, do it, but wait until Salah plays tonight, in case he'd get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »

My current front 8 is:

Good and necessary moves imo
    Willian will continue to flatter to deceive as he always does when relatively highly owned
    Kane will be highly captained for rest of season

Kane the only one likely to change price soon
    Possibly tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Are people holding onto Lukaku? Have him and Kane (+Barnes) but think I'll need Jesus and cant see any other way unless I do Lukaku/Mahrez/Smalling to Jesus/Trippier/King for -8 which I dont think is necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChrisWeiland

Are people holding onto Lukaku? Have him and Kane (+Barnes) but think I'll need Jesus and cant see any other way unless I do Lukaku/Mahrez/Smalling to Jesus/Trippier/King for -8 which I dont think is necessary

Front 7 is currently:

Sterling, Zaha, Salah, Kennedy

Lukaku, Jesus, Kane

Think ill be keeping it more or less as is for the final three weeks (although i wouldn't mind getting Ramsey in)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why cant you just do Lukaku to Jesus?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Parted ways with Salah and Vardy for Sane (who should start after the weekends rest) and Jesus.

Bit of a gamble to let Salah go but think the Sane and Jesus with combo will outscore him and Vardy who I expect will return damn all.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChrisWeiland

Any thoughts on Yaya?

6.0 million and probably going to get a fair bit of game time over the last three games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any thoughts on Yaya?

6.0 million and probably going to get a fair bit of game time over the last three games

While others are enjoying 120 minutes of their players in 37 what will Yaya be getting? And he takes a City spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

naughtb4 wrote: »

Think Lukaku is a keeper for this week at least. Arsenal away form has been well documented thus far. Add in that it falls between the 2 Atletico games and the fact United need to put in a performance after the West Brom shambles.

Disclaimer: I am stuck with Lukaku AND Sanchez after the FH so this may be just me trying to persuade myself I'll be ok this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

naughtb4 wrote: »

Sorry I meant that I wanted to keep Lukaku and get Jesus but was wondering if others are ditching Lukaku for him or if they are aiming for a front 3 of Kane/Lukaku/Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've been patient!

Biding my time!

Hiding in the long grass!

Watching. Waiting. Listening. Observing. Strategising.

It's finally arrived.

At 424k with 3 GWs to go it's time to.....

Wildcard+bitches_4f5e7b_4582015.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I honestly thought it might be gw39 by the time you played it

Who else is in it other than PVA?

dsmythy wrote: »
    While others are enjoying 120 minutes of their players in 37 what will Yaya be getting? And he takes a City spot.

Yaya looked liked he'd been rolled out of the old folks home when he came on last game. I don't think he'll start any of the next 3 games. Maybe yes gw38 as it will be his last game for the club so that would be understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    I honestly thought it might be gw39 by the time you played it

Who else is in it other than PVA?

With a Team Value of 99.9 it's not looking great. Currently no PVA...

Ederson - McCarthy
    Smalling - Naughton - Dummett - Chilwell - Masuaku
    Sane - Lingard - Son - Iwobi - King
    Kane - Auba - Jesus

And a cool 0.3 left over :pac:

Not at all comfortable with that team though. At all!

Sacrifice Auba for J Ayew

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

With a Team Value of 99.9 it's not looking great. Currently no PVA...

Ederson - McCarthy
    Smalling - Naughton - Dummett - Chilwell - Masuaku
    Sane - Lingard - Son - Iwobi - King
    Kane - Auba - Jesus

And a cool 0.3 left over :pac:

Not at all comfortable with that team though. At all!

Get sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just done Son & Vardy to Jesus & Ramsey. Not ideal, would have preferred shifted Mahrez & Murray but didn't have enough funds. Have a 100 point lead in all 3 of my money leagues, so just need to get some City cover in. Most of my rivals have Sterling or Sane (maybe even D.Silva) but just think those positions are far too dodgy in terms of rotation, so think Jesus is the safe choice. Think if i nail my triple captain (by nail I mean even just choose the same as my rivals, which I think will be Jesus in 37).

Advertisement