Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Just a perfectly normal news headline from Nova here. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Pr1cks.

https://www.nova.ie/man-who-slaughtered-one-night-stand-loses-murder-appeal-173297/?fbclid=IwAR176zfSb-ggQUMNo0JXLnB_G5xUPyGQEJn-3zzuiD7xynAZMuTCg8KGHyA

This has what to do with Colm & Lucy?

Its also a good chance that the headline and the story came from the news network and was just a standard copy/paste.

So take your faux outrage elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

This has what to do with Colm & Lucy?

Its also a good chance that the headline and the story came from the news network and was just a standard copy/paste.

So take your faux outrage elsewhere.

Well, what do you know, I meant to post it in the main Nova thread so apologies to everyone except you.

As for faux outrage, you think that kind of headline is ever acceptable even it’s a standard copy and paste? Says more about you to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭its_steve116

How's the show going? Any more inappropriate jokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How's the show going? Any more inappropriate jokes?

Only Hayes........:D

Only Hayes........:D

Only Hayes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Geeezus - Justin Bieber on Celebrity Loose ???

Geeezus - Justin Bieber on Celebrity Loose ???

I don't Belieb it!

I see Rebecca Shekleton who fills in for Lucy on Fridays is getting the new breakfast slot on 98FM, wonder will she still be on Nova?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I see Rebecca Shekleton who fills in for Lucy on Fridays is getting the new breakfast slot on 98FM, wonder will she still be on Nova?

Is that not Rebecca Horan? Or does she go by different names?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

I doubt Rebecca Shekleton knows or has ever so much as heard of radio nova. It was Rebecca Horan who collaborated on the celebrated Colm and Lucy show.

• Advertisement

Picked up a Roberts s/h dab radio the weekend...6music..8radio ,Zenith..only now for me...:cool:

No more nova for me....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lucy was doing that thing where she’s confused by the 2 UB40s, I could be wrong but it sounded like she insulted one of them! Only got the end of the interview which could have been pre-recorded. Either way her fake stupidity was insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

Elmo wrote: »
    Either way her fake stupidity was insulting.

Hate to break it to you, but its not fake, its very very real stupidity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

are they dead yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

jamule wrote: »
    are they dead yet

Well, Im thinking of asking for a refund on my voodoo dolls I bought on AliExpress :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭prunudo

jamule wrote: »
    are they dead yet

No idea, but nova is dead to me with the constant referencing their show every ad break and them seemingly being on the radio any time i tune in.

prunudo wrote: »
    No idea, but nova is dead to me with the constant referencing their show every ad break and them seemingly being on the radio any time i tune in.

They have to....they have no other ads....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

prunudo wrote: »

Same here. I had been tuning in after 10am but the constant recapping of bits from the breakfast show has made no time of day safe to listen. And why do they need to still declare it to be the "home of the Colm & Lucy breakfast show"? They're old news at this stage.

And what's the story with their claim that certain songs can only be played by Radio Nova? "Here's one you'll only get right here because only Radio Nova can play it".

Actually, there are so many things that irritate me about Nova now. Obviously, top of the pile is the breakfast show pair. The newsreader that shouts the news in what sounds like one long, loud sentence also drives me mad. Ads are always annoying but there's one woman in particular who is hired to do a lot of ads and her voice really winds me up in every ad she does.

Please, please, please can someone set up a new radio station? My ears are crying out for something new to listen to. I enjoy listening to John Kelly on Lyric FM from 7pm-9pm during the week. Sometimes his choices aren't my cup of tea but other times they really are. And on Sunday nights his guest chooses the tunes, which is great. It's a lucky bag of music. You never know what you're going to get.

Feels good to get that off my chest - thanks for reading, any of you that did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Same here. I had been tuning in after 10am but the constant recapping of bits from the breakfast show has made no time of day safe to listen. And why do they need to still declare it to be the "home of the Colm & Lucy breakfast show"? They're old news at this stage.

And what's the story with their claim that certain songs can only be played by Radio Nova? "Here's one you'll only get right here because only Radio Nova can play it".

Actually, there are so many things that irritate me about Nova now. Obviously, top of the pile is the breakfast show pair. The newsreader that shouts the news in what sounds like one long, loud sentence also drives me mad. Ads are always annoying but there's one woman in particular who is hired to do a lot of ads and her voice really winds me up in every ad she does.

Please, please, please can someone set up a new radio station? My ears are crying out for something new to listen to. I enjoy listening to John Kelly on Lyric FM from 7pm-9pm during the week. Sometimes his choices aren't my cup of tea but other times they really are. And on Sunday nights his guest chooses the tunes, which is great. It's a lucky bag of music. You never know what you're going to get.

Feels good to get that off my chest - thanks for reading, any of you that did :)

Your particular ailment is not insignificant. Excoriating mindless criticism without revealing a shred of any apparent knowledge of any of the elements that you are withering in your criticisms of. You clearly know nothing of radio presentation, production, news or voice overs. If you dislike something to such an apparently myopic extent, than change over and stop bleating such pathetic codswallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Your particular ailment is not insignificant. Excoriating mindless criticism without revealing a shred of any apparent knowledge of any of the elements that you are withering in your criticisms of. You clearly know nothing of radio presentation, production, news or voice overs. If you dislike something to such an apparently myopic extent, than change over and stop bleating such pathetic codswallop.

How much does someone need to know about radio presentation, production, news and voice overs before their personal opinion makes the journey from pathetic codswallop to worthy?

I do change over. Often. I also switch off, often, because in radio world the pickings are slim and while Radio Nova was once quite easy to listen to, it has steadily deteriorated in the last two years.

A bit of a bleat is good from time to time - did you not feel better after indulging in yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Hi Colm. :p

It's obvious someone's opinion on how bad Nova has gone has hit a nerve. It's not mindless criticism, especially since a lot of people here share the same opinion.

Who cares about radio presentation, when all the station presents to it's listeners is actually inane mindless drivel that's driving people away from listening in the first place?

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to bleat about pathetic codswallop to a myopic extent and attack every poster that shares a negative opinion about the sorry state of affairs Nova has become.

I tuned in again for the first time in what must be a year or more the other day, to hear nothing has changed and the same boring scripted did you hear what happened on the breakfast show adverts were trotted out repeatedly. It's boring, unfunny and the exact reason I no longer listen.

I'm not the only one, but I expect my opinion is codswallop like all the others that have shared a similar one.

P.s. maybe the troll should feed elsewhere...

Lucy Kennedy is an irritating dope and the sole reason I no longer listen to Nova

There I said it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

one doesn't need to know anything about radio to be able to criticise or give an opinion on a radio program, they can just listen to it to know if it is good enough or not, and it seems this particular show is, well, just not good, at all, in any way.
    the criticisms of radio nova, and the colm and lucy show especially, are legitimate and are coming from individuals who at one stage liked the radio station, or at least to an extent liked the radio station.
    by the sounds of it, some would like to go back to listening to it, or even continue to listen to it, however cannot do so because this particular breakfast show is well, not kept to breakfast.
    yes, radio stations promote their breakfast shows, but it seems not anywhere near the extent radio nova does.
    personally it's no skin off my nose, i haven't listened to fm radio for years, but i completely understand people have had enough of not funny, wannabe zaney banter forced down their throats yet have little alternative to it, so i don't blame people for being disillusioned.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You know when your mates discover something that reeeeealllly annoys you and they find it hilarious to keep doing it because you realllly hate it and it’s guaranteed to get a rise out of you .....that’s the breakfast show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Seems to be a revamp coming, but I'd be surprised if the home of colm and lucy ceased to be that......

https://twitter.com/radionova100/status/1293163294400946177

https://twitter.com/FaolainLuke/status/1293135238017818624

Lucy Kennedy is an irritating dope and the sole reason I no longer listen to Nova

There I said it

👍👍👍

Survey available this morning, time to tell them what you think. A good few questions specifically about the breakfast show and do you listen before or after 10am, so they know its not popular. I've let them know my feelings about it, and before the anyone tells me "they will ignore",
    if they do then they do but I'm happy I got a chance to vent my feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

Survey available this morning, time to tell them what you think. A good few questions specifically about the breakfast show and do you listen before or after 10am, so they know its not popular. I've let them know my feelings about it, and before the anyone tells me "they will ignore",
    if they do then they do but I'm happy I got a chance to vent my feelings

Copy and paste my comments word for word including the grammar mistake ;)

• Advertisement

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    . Ads are always annoying but there's one woman in particular who is hired to do a lot of ads and her voice really winds me up in every ad she does.

I though I was the only one.
    I cannot stand her voice.

Also the lad that says "my dad always knows the best place to get a fry in dublin"
    punch in the neck for the pair of them :D

Advertisement