Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 2(d): Times of Prayer

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yoink the gem with a pliers and flip open the latch.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

The latch unlocks to reveal another boon of gems, totalling about 100GP and 5 foot of rope. The rope glows a mysterious red and there is a small note attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby turns to the room, where they previously fought the zombies and slaps his face with the palm of his hand, as he sees yet another familiar dropping in.

"What is going on here? There are magic users dropping in from portals left, right and centre..." Webby raises his fist in anger, pointing towards the ceiling "Where are all the fleshy brutes?!?!"

He walks over to Stu Pendous, waves at him and helps him get on his feet "I take it your journey has not been faring better than ours, seeing as you now joined in this part belly of the beast. You will find the rest of the 'party' in the room next door".

Webby walks back to the room where Aesc and the others are still in and waves over Stu "Come on mage, I think your presence is better suited closer to the rest of the part".

Webby picks up his pace a bit as he is intrigued by the treasures found by Aesc only moments ago. He carefully inspects the gems for any abnormalities or unique properties before moving onto the rope, curious about the message on the note.

Webby picks up his pace a bit as he is intrigued by the treasures found by Aesc only moments ago. He carefully inspects the gems for any abnormalities or unique properties before moving onto the rope, curious about the message on the note.

Nothing special about the gems.

The note is written in the Common language.

'Imbued with the power of the ancients, taken from the robe of the High Monk Calash1te of the Durellien Order. Rope cannot fray, be cut or break for as long as he who carries it does not use it for evil.'

• Advertisement

"Useful although..." Asec hands the rope to the halfling. "...I'd be evil at the first opportunity."

OOC: Also bags the loot , for sharsies later of course.

"This is a nice rope and I am certain I have heard the name 'Cala****e' before... people have mentioned this to me once or twice, though I never knew they were referring to a priest...".

Webby places the rope, with great care, into his bag... as he closes his bag he grins to himself and whispers "my precious.... my treasure".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu joins the others and asks whats been happening lately.

"This place is getting as crowded as the prison cell. Unless we find anything else here in these cells we should move through the portal. Besides, that rotting dead flesh is really turning my stomach."
    Aesc takes a turn examining the rest of the room to see if anything has been overlooked.
    "Has anyone of us ever heard of these "Hunters in the Hole" or whatever it's called? Anyone from this city?"

Webby smiles as he sees Stu joining the party in the other room and quickly brings him up to speed.

"Portals have been opening and closing, dropping us in with Brutha and the remainder of the party... yourself included, in with us after". He then proceeds to point at all the maimed bodies and remnants of undead "This is where Brutha came from and where he finally turned the dead away, after we killed its frontrunner".

Webby proceeds to explain their current predicament 'We are now faced with treasure and the jump into the next portal... I think for now people are catching their breath and getting familiar with their surroundings". He then encouragingly slaps Stu on his behind and points towards the rest of the party "Go on mage, have some fun!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭jasonb

Brutha is pleased to see so many people, there is strength in numbers.

"I believe we should split the treasure between us all and then go through the Portal to see where it leads us. Oh, and something I have been meaning to ask... Did any of us actually have anything to do with the death of the King?"

jasonb wrote: »
    Brutha is pleased to see so many people, there is strength in numbers.

"I believe we should split the treasure between us all and then go through the Portal to see where it leads us. Oh, and something I have been meaning to ask... Did any of us actually have anything to do with the death of the King?"

Stu turns to Brutha, "not me, to my recollection"

OldGoat wrote: »
    Aesc takes a turn examining the rest of the room to see if anything has been overlooked.

Nothing of note, Webby has already picked the place clean.

The portal begins to stutter a little bit. It is clear to Stufur and Stu Pendous the magic is fading and will run out shortly.

Webby interjects 'Pfffffff the King, everybody wanted him dead... clearly someone finally stopped thinking about it and took action, we are just the scapegoats to detract from the chaos this kingdom is already in... Honestly! who runs their towns like this?!"

Webby raises his hands in the air and walks around the room in circles, anxiously, before noticing the portal again... His anxiety grows at the sight of it, as he knows it is only a matter of time before they will have to enter the portal.

Webby rans at the chest, grabs one of the precious gems and throws it into the portal. As he does this, his face turns white, embarrassed he lost composure and embarrassed he threw away something valuable without checking in with the group.

"I'm so sorry..." he mutters, "I fear the worst, and no amount of coin or gem will help us where we are going, wherever it may be"... a tear runs down his cheek, as he squeezes his eyes closed and tries to maintain his composure.

Webby walks up to the portal and sits down in front of it, staring into the abyss...

Aesc nocks an arrow and steps into the portal, trepidatious but not in a blind panic this time. This portal travel is becoming commonplace.

Webby and Aesc enter the portal and vanish. Stufur, Stu Pendous and Brutha remain.

The portal now begins stuttering badly, it is clear there are only a few moments left before it shuts down completely.

Curiosity gets the better of Stu and he leaps into the portal shouting "See you on the other side"

OOC: The portal sucked me in?

OOC: The portal sucked me in?

OOC: Yes

• Advertisement

OOC: Aesc reaches back through the portal and beckons Stu, Stu and Bru to follow.

Stu Pendous vanishes.

Stufur and Brutha remain. Stufur can judge that the portal will close in less than a minute.

Webby runs back, wraps the bloodstained rag rope around Stufur and Brutha, beckoning Stu and Aesc to help him pull them through the portal.

"This happens at times, I think they are still affected by the time warping wizard we encountered earlier...".

Webby pulls with all his might, with the help of Stu and Aesc, to pull them through before the portal closes...

"UUUnngghhhhhhhhghghghhhhhhhh!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Stufur jumps out of his stupor.

"Thanks Halfling!"

He jumps into the portal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The portal closes just as Stufur steps through. Where the party would arrive...

Was anybody's guess.

OOC: New Thread will be up this evening - The real dungeon awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: Thanks for dragging me along! :)

Advertisement