Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 2(d): Times of Prayer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Stufur jumps with fright at the hand.

"By the stars...I don't want to go back there!

Cleric of Om, you have made it this far, I'm glad. What madness do they have planned for us now I wonder?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭jasonb

“Good to see some friendly faces, I barely escaped with my life from three foul Zombies back there. I’m not sure what to do now, your way has closed behind you and the undead are behind me”

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby gets up and looks onto Brutha, relieved at the sight of another familiar face, "Ah, some fortune is upon us at last! We have a healer among us now."

He scuttles towards Brutha, pulling at his sleeves and pointing towards the sunburnt hand "Can you make sure it has no more pulse? There was something not quite right with that man".

Webby checks his pockets and bags to make sure everything is still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Webby checks his pockets and bags to make sure everything is still here.

Webby has all his items still equipped.

The hand however... is starting to regrow an arm from it.

Webby, startled by the sudden onset of growth to the hand, pulls out an arrow and starts vigorously poking it.

"Guys, seriously... something is not right with this hand... Brutha, any chance on some purification here?"

Webby grabs a second arrow and lifts the hand, clamping it in between the arrow heads, before lopping it over into Brutha's direction in an attempt to draw his attention.

"Ignore the halfling, half the size, half the mind..." he mutters as he looks onto Stufur and Brutha.

• Advertisement

Both Webby and Stufur interacting with the hand increase the rate of reformation.

The cloaked, sunburned figure reforms and stands in the centre of the trio, with the same vacant stare Stufur and Webby witnessed before.

Brutha takes out his Holy Symbol and Holy Water, sprinking some on the growing arm, while calling on the Great God Om to end this unholy behaviour.

The sunburned figure on being hit by the Holy Water from Om vanishes from sight with a final line.

This thing must be destroyed, it must not be set free.

"Brutha, you mentioned zombies?"

Webby remembers the non-responsiveness of the sunburned figure earlier and how he seemed to pose no immediate threat.

"Time seems to warp around the sunburned man, perhaps we should utilize this as a defense" he says as he scans his environment. "Stufur wrapped a rope around his legs before we jumped through the portal and it turned to dust".

Webby cautiously approaches the sunburnt man, pulling at his sleeves in an effort to move him.

Stufur is flummoxed by the nature of the figure.

"An ominous being I think, lucky you were here Cleric, shall we press on?"

• Advertisement

"I dont think thats the last we have seen of him yet..." Webby shrugs, faces the cleric and asks "Before we move on, did you not mention Zombies earlier?"

"Yes, three of them that I just escaped from with my life, I fear we may have to face them again".

OOC: I'm unsure of the layout, but unless there's another exit from where we are, with the portal they just came through closing, I assume that we have to go back to where I came from?

Webby anxiously looks around, trying to get a lay of the land. He looks onto Stufur and Brutha and recognizes the same vacant stare as he only witnessed moments ago before the sunburnt man vanished.

Webby remains puzzled by the continuing passage of time and wonders if perhaps the disappearance of the man may have affected the party somehow.

OOC: Yes, fairly small room, guys portalled in from east wall. Portal closed again.

Pleasantly surprised by Brutha's response, Webby convinces himself that the vacant stare from his team members is in his head and probably just a remnant stress leftover from witnessing the sunburnt man's disspearance earlier.

Webby snaps out his deep thoughts and responds to Brutha, "YES! I fear the same I'm afraid, probably best to prepare for the worst... at least this time we know whats coming, right?"

He walks up closer to Brutha, who is now towering over Webby and quietly asks "Anything in that toolbag of yours which would turn undead? All I have are these 4 arrows". He says as he grabs the arrows and points towards his shortbow.

A loud banging is heard at the door Brutha came through. It appears something is trying to break through.

Webby points at the door "I think someone is looking to get in".

Webby looks up to see if he can catch his grappling hook on anything so he can lift himself off the ground.

"My attempts to turn them failed the last time, though it is possible it might work if I try again. It's also possible that an arrow in the head could take care of them too. It sounds like they're trying to break through, I suggest we move back from the door a little and give ourselves as much room as possible".

OOC: Can we see through the door (i.e. bars, windows etc.) or not? If we can, can we fire arrows through the door, or try a Turn Undead before the door opens?

Webby points at the door "I think someone is looking to get in".

Webby looks up to see if he can catch his grappling hook on anything so he can lift himself off the ground.

Nothing that the grappling hook can hook into.
    jasonb wrote: »

OOC: Can we see through the door (i.e. bars, windows etc.) or not? If we can, can we fire arrows through the door, or try a Turn Undead before the door opens?

OOC: You can't see through the door, but you would know instinctively what is behind it. You can attempt a turn, yes.
    2d6 on rollz, Target 7.

"I think Cleric we will rely on your ability first, before we resort to a direct attack."

• Advertisement

The portal zips open behind them and out tumbles the thief, Aesc behind the rest of the party. It shuts with a bang and the banging on the door increases in intensity.

"Agreed, I will take position already. Be ready to back away from the door quickly if your spell is not successful".

Webby looks around for a shadow on the west wall, takes position and readies his bow.

Webby is startled by the sudden opening and closing of the portal, turns to the portal and sees Aesc now in the room with them.

"Hahahaha, thieves... I thought you guys were supposed to arrive and depart unnoticed... Not exactly a stealthy arrival but a welcoming sight non-the-less!".

Webby waves at Aesc and explains their current predicament "Zombies on the other side the door, about to break through... I suppose you havent reached into any pockets holding holy water, have you?".

Webby turns back to the door and readies his bow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Aesc arrives in the room, wildly swinging the point of his arrowtip at everyone..."Back the **** off!" until after a moment of panic he recognises the faces before him and eases back on the bowstring. Then he hears the sounds at the door and the panic starts to return.
    "Whats that?"
    He listens to the hasty explation.
    "Zombies?" He look to where the portal ejected him wondering if he might be able to return there.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Realising Aesc was clearly still flustered as he came in, Webby repeats himself "Calm down thief, you are supposed to be stealthy... and your arrival thus far has been anything but that...".

He points towards the door and proceeds to explain "Our resident Cleric brought some followers, of the undead variety, who are now keen to enter the room with us".

Webby smirks at Aesc, as prior to his arrival, he was the one in a state of dissaray and panick.

OOC: Turn Undead is a pile of useless crap (i.e. it failed miserably!)

Brutha takes out his holy water, holds his Mace and prepares for the door to open...

The banging ceases for a moment. The door seems to have weakened considerably.

Suddenly it begins again and the door gives way - a zombie smashes into the room and lumbers towards the party.

OOC: Init! https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Meatgrinder%20Boards.ieD%26D

"Brutha!" He waves over Brutha "Pass me the holy water, I can sling it at the undead and you can keep your distance".

Webby sees the first undead walking into the door. He carefully takes aim from the shadow and takes his shot.

• Advertisement

The zombie lunges at Brutha, but he dodges the attack deftly. He brings his mace crashing down on it's head as an arrow rips into it's side from Webby.

Stufur and Aesc miss with attacks, but Webby slams another arrow into the zombie who collapses to it's knees. Aesc reloads, nocks and pelts it through the eye.

The sound of the battle draws the attention of the other two zombies however....

They lumber towards the small room....

OOC: Pausing there till all four of you are available, just give me a thumbs up in the Off Topic thread

Advertisement