Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show April 20th

Options
  • 20-04-2018 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭

I'll step up to the plate so....
    Ronan Keating to join Daniel O'Donnell and Nathan Carter for Late Late Show Country Special Big Tom Tribute
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/ronan-keating-to-join-daniel-odonnell-and-nathan-carter-for-late-late-show-country-special-big-tom-tribute-36825786.html

Former Boyzone star Keating will also be in studio to talk about the country origins of When You Say Nothing At All and he will perfom the song with new star Lisa McHugh.

Meanwhile, Sandy Kelly will sing Islands in the Stream and Nathan Carter and Cliona Hagan will perform a duet of Hurts So Good. In Circle of Friends the country stars will celebrate major hits and there will be a special nod to Glen Cambpell who passed away in August.

Other stars appearing on the Country Special will be Gloria, Philomena Begley, Jimmy Buckley, Declan Nerney,Mike Denver, Michael English and Robert Mizzell.

The man was very liked. The rest seems to be the usual Nathan Carter outing.
    Not sure what Drone-on is doing in the mix but maybe Lisa McHugh is one of Louis?

I'm sure the tea boy from the RTE canteen is relieved he's been bumped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Lisa McHugh is a Scots country, Nathan's distaff counterpart.
    Ronan - well, he sings country covers - Keith Whitley's You Say It Best When You Say Nothing At All, Garth Brook's Tomorrow Never Comes.
    A godfather of boyfolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What!! Another country special?? This is getting beyond a joke now. They've already done this. In fact, i think they did another one since and it's all the same guests again, except for Big Tom and there's the misery slot right there. "So Tom, how did you feel when you realised you had just died and life, for you, was over?"

I'm not putting myself through another Country show. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

monkey9 wrote: »
    What!! Another country special?? This is getting beyond a joke now. They've already done this. In fact, i think they did another one since and it's all the same guests again, except for Big Tom and there's the misery slot right there. "So Tom, how did you feel when you realised you had just died and life, for you, was over?"

I'm not putting myself through another Country show. I'm out.

Jaysus poor oul Delores barely got a lookin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Whats with RTE and all this country music. Its absolute rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Much like there is no real need for a Valentine's special every year there is definitely no need for a Country music special every year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Irish and country is a genre it itself it is not? So McHugh would be Irish and country, my parents were at a concert of hers last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Whats with RTE and all this country music. Its absolute rubbish

Ryan says “This week, more than any, we have seen how the country scene in Ireland is part of the fabric of who we are"...plus Louis is between boy bands.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I hope their all going to blaze up for 420

Irish and country is a genre it itself it is not? So McHugh would be Irish and country, my parents were at a concert of hers last month.

Scots country and Irish country are pretty tied. Sydney Devine (who's basically the Scottish Big Tom) even did work for Emerald Gem records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

Does someone in rte get a few grand from Nathan Carter's agent every time he gets on rte?
    It's the only logical conclusion I can come to !!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening, y'all!

2011_11_26%20147s-L.jpg

6e6e0a0c4bc50dc2dd964b6688b01868.jpg

Former Boyzone star Keating will also be in studio to talk about the country origins of When You Say Nothing At All and he will perfom the song with new star Lisa McHugh.

tenor.gif?itemid=3427509

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Country music.....

tenor.gif?itemid=4550434

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

mzungu wrote: »
    Country music.....

tenor.gif?itemid=4550434

Also...

200.gif

I hope their all going to blaze up for 420

tenor.gif?itemid=11037884

Ryan says “This week, more than any, we have seen how the country scene in Ireland is part of the fabric of who we are"...plus Louis is between boy bands.

Speaking of which, guess who's on 'The Ray D'Arcy Show' tomorrow night? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

enricoh wrote: »
    Does someone in rte get a few grand from Nathan Carter's agent every time he gets on rte?
    It's the only logical conclusion I can come to !!

Sure the middle aged women that look like they were dragged from the bog by their eyelids love the bit of eye candy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Not joking but I'm looking forward to this.

Except for Ronan fecking Keating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

tenor.gif?itemid=3427509
    New ??? STAR ????????

• Advertisement

Whether or not you're a fan of country music, I hope you boardsies will join me in raising a glass to Big Tom.

RIP.

She's Scottish.

Here we go!

blazing04.gif

I love country and western music. Big Tom was a legend and my favourite singer. I really hope the late late show honour him tonight with the true Irish singers who he liked and respected. And not attention seeking wannabes. Here goes....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) it’s gonna be one hell of a show tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ah sure, I like the annual Country Hooley.

I think the LLS needs more of these themed nights, they should shake the format up now and then like they used to when Gay was in charge.

I love country and western music. Big Tom was a legend and my favourite singer. I really hope the late late show honour him tonight with the true Irish singers who he liked and respected. And not attention seeking wannabes. Here goes....

By all accounts, a gentle soul and all-round nice guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Did I hear Tubridy say that this show was pre-recorded last night before Big Tom's Funeral earlier today?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,942 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Brian Bleedin’ D’Arcy....

He’s fooking everywhere...

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    Ah sure, I like the annual Country Hooley.

I think the LLS needs more of these themed nights, they should shake the format up now and then like they used to when Gay was in charge.

Looking forward to the LLS Nu-Metal night.

John Spillane mixing it up with Papa Roach.

Make it happen! :D

Advertisement