Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Prelude

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Fourier wrote: »

He looks around the room, hoping his elven intuition can find any secret exits.

Sufur finds no secret exits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu dozed off and missed all the action. He wakes up to find a great big lump sitting on him.

'Get the hell off me, what do you think I am, a bean bag? So, what happened?'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Kolido wrote: »
    Stu dozed off and missed all the action. He wakes up to find a great big lump sitting on him.

Hammer responds:

"Some idiot jumped on the guards feet, they took him off, probably to spit his throat ear to ear. Do we try again when they come back? Or does anyone have a better plan?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Seems like a normal cell" he mutters to himself.

He turns around.

"The guards came and dragged one of us off. Anybody with the strength to force that door?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Pete keeps an eye out for any guards returning and starts to examine the lock, looking to see if he could get it open by... alternative means...

• Advertisement

"Seems like a normal cell" he mutters to himself.

He turns around.

"The guards came and dragged one of us off. Anybody with the strength to force that door?"

"I could do it but id need a run at it, space is limited here. Move aside and I'll give it a shoulder."

conor222 wrote: »
    Pete keeps an eye out for any guards returning and starts to examine the lock, looking to see if he could get it open by... alternative means...

Lock seems standard enough. A lockpick or tools would probably do the trick.

I try to pick the lock
    (OOC: Ive got my thieves tools or are we all gear-less?)

I try to pick the lock
    (OOC: Ive got my thieves tools or are we all gear-less?)

OOC: All gearless for now

9Lives finds his tools had been confiscated along with all his other equipment on his imprisonment.

duffman13 wrote: »
    "I could do it but id need a run at it, space is limited here. Move aside and I'll give it a shoulder."
    Stufur moves out of the way.

"Good luck!"

• Advertisement

More clanking is heard outside the cell.

'Bring it out - that might relax them till it's their time!'

Low groans are heard as a different cell is opened up close to the party.

The Hammer looks around the room and places his foot against the wall directly opposite the door.

He looks around tells everyone "be ready to follow me through if there is guard on the other side"

He uses hit foot to spring off the wall and launches himself at the door at full speed.

duffman13 wrote: »
    The Hammer looks around the room and places his foot against the wall directly opposite the door.

He looks around tells everyone "be ready to follow me through if there is guard on the other side"

He uses hit foot to spring off the wall and launches himself at the door at full speed.

OOC: Roll Strength. Command on rolz will be #d20-2

9 lives move away from the door once he realises he doesnt have the kit to crack this lock

The Hammer smashes into the door, which shakes from the force of the impact, but does not break.

The guards rush to the door and open it up, grabbing Fector before he can react.

'Another one? You next then!'

They drag Fector out of the cell, close it and lock it again.

This time though, three loaded crossbows are pointed through the door.

'Next person trying anything stupid gets one in their leg. Last warning.'

OOC: Ok, Duffman, you're going to be introduced in the other thread shortly.

9lives moves around the outside of the cell looking for anything that might allow escape, weak bars, pieces of metal that could be used to pick the lock and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Malik whispers 'anyone quick enough to grab those three crossbows? I could give it a go but would need help'.

OOC: Would the magically inclined have their spells prepared, like were we grabbed in the middle of the day and got our hour in the morning?

9lives moves around the outside of the cell looking for anything that might allow escape, weak bars, pieces of metal that could be used to pick the lock and so on

9Lives finds no weaknesses in the cell. It has become a little more comfortable though, with the departures of Aesc and Fector.

He can detect a low growling outside the door though.

'Back up thief! Watch your step!'

OOC: Would the magically inclined have their spells prepared, like were we grabbed in the middle of the day and got our hour in the morning?

OOC: Grabbed without preparation.

• Advertisement

9 lives backs away and positions himself behind the largest remaining member of the group

Stufur tries to recall any part of the spells within his book, to no avail, without the text they're too complex to remember.

He positions himself to help Malik should the door open.

ooc do I have any magic?

ooc do I have any magic?

OOC: Not yet.

The party can hear the crowd growing increasingly feral above their heads.

The growling outside the door becomes louder, and a little agitated.

'Keep the chains on him, men... don't wanna release this thing!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭jasonb

Brutha looks around at the remaining prisoners... "Brothers and Sisters, it occurs to me that we are pretty well trapped here, but already two of our party have 'escaped' by the guards taking them. We do not know what their fate is, but at least outside we have space and a chance of a slip up by a guard. In here we only have a lack of room, options and equipment. I suggest we leave as the others have, and the Great God Om will protect us".

OOC: After Traveller, I keep on reading Fourier's posts thinking he's the DM (sorry DM!) :)

jasonb wrote: »
    Brutha looks around at the remaining prisoners... "Brothers and Sisters, it occurs to me that we are pretty well trapped here, but already two of our party have 'escaped' by the guards taking them. We do not know what their fate is, but at least outside we have space and a chance of a slip up by a guard. In here we only have a lack of room, options and equipment. I suggest we leave as the others have, and the Great God Om will protect us".

Clayton shouts into the cell.

'The God worshipping fcuk speaks sense. If you behave yourselves, calm down - we'll bring you to join your friends in time.'

He sniggers at the word 'join.'

'Trust me, you snivelling king murdering pricks, it'll be worth the wait.'

Clayton shouts into the cell.

'The God worshipping fcuk speaks sense. If you behave yourselves, calm down - we'll bring you to join your friends in time.'

He sniggers at the word 'join.'

'Trust me, you snivelling king murdering pricks, it'll be worth the wait.'

Stu hatches a plan,

'Hey Clayton, ya big dirty brute, want to come in here and say that to our faces, nah didn't think so. You're a tough guy out there.'

Stu hatches a plan,

'Hey Clayton, ya big dirty brute, want to come in here and say that to our faces, nah didn't think so. You're a tough guy out there.'

Clayton peers in the door.

'Who the fcuk said that? You wanna be next? Fine. Unlock the doors, Bryce.'

The keys jangle again now and Clayton enters, sword in hand. The door closes behind him, and the crossbows continue to keep aim.

'Which of you smart arse pricks said it, huh? I've me orders to leave you alive... didn't say nuthin' about removin' a limb though.'

He points the sword at the 6 in the cell.

'Eeney, meeney, miney, mo...'

• Advertisement

The sword lands pointing at Stu Pendous.

'Mo. Guess you're up, buddy. Gonna come quietly? Not your time to go up yet, but we can occupy the time some other way.'

He gestures to the door.

Advertisement