Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can the book be beaten... here for a year.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

There is a lot of unfair comments here. Anyone that doesn't realize that a 100 point downturn is well within reason hasn't a clue. Over all the treads as far as i know he is still up, which is not easy to do. It literally takes thousands of bets before any opinion can be made.

I've had about 10 of those 100 bets tread and one of those lost 140 points. Its easily done.

He should be thanked for the work put in and if lads don't want to back them then don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

The criticism of the kids selections is over the top imo, then again you should be able to take criticism if you post threads like this. Personally I don't really care how someone comes up with a selection(although when someone is using another paid website with trainers comments to come up with selections it doesn't inspire confidence) its the profit/loss that I only care about.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

5.15 florencio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Eagles nest Chelmsford 6.15 this eve, best of luck

5.15 florencio

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

bookman2 wrote: »
    Well done

PP stream froze, did he get up?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    PP stream froze, did he get up?

Yes but race could be voided.

I'm that good my horse wins in the dark, while Jerry can't get 1 in 1000

Yes but race could be voided.

I'd imagine so ha

Anyone care to elaborate, stuck in work here wondering

• Advertisement

They will have to void the race.

They will have to void the race.

Because....

Anyone care to elaborate, stuck in work here wondering

Power cut on home turn ran the race in dark apparently

€10 free bet on it which I'd imagine I'll lose so... this fúcking thread :pac::pac::pac:

First winner put up in months and it still manages to cost me money, you couldn't make it up :pac::pac::pac:

€10 free bet on it which I'd imagine I'll lose so... this fúcking thread :pac::pac::pac:

First winner put up in months and it still manages to cost me money, you couldn't make it up :pac::pac::pac:

Void and rest of meeting abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Maybe it's the thread that's bad luck! Close and open another? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

177 bets
    13 winners
    -105pts

Lads
    I know the selections are terrible however to be fair to Jerry I will continue to put them up.

So he will either look like a tit or a jammy git for getting out of the hole.

I have asked Jerry to send me the full write ups and he said he will. After Jerry I would say I LOST the most, thats gambling. However I don't want the thread to turn in to a slagging match or mods to close it so lets keep opinions to ourselves unless you want to point out something before it runs.

Todays (lay) only joking.

3.50 Going Native 2pts e/w 7/1

Going Native ran three times at Southwell finishing in the first three places in all races. The recent course races were off a O.R in the mid sixties, today Going Native runs off 55 with the jock taking a further 5LB off.
    The sire SPEIGHSTOWN is 11/104 in handicaps at Southwell. All eleven winners were under 10/1, he is also 31/104 in the places.

Jerry.

PS
    I have asked Del to continue to post My bets up no matter how bad this run gets. I predict I will at worst break even before my time on here is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

del roy wrote: »
    I have asked Del to continue to post My bets up no matter how bad this run gets. I predict I will at worst break even before my time on here is up.

Confidence. Best of luck. Have backed maybe one or two of the 177 runners but following intently.

Collie D wrote: »
    Confidence. Best of luck. Have backed maybe one or two of the 177 runners but following intently.

Confidence. :confused:

General Custards last words,

"where did all them fooking Indians come from."

• Advertisement

So not as to moan afterwards. But it is 100% no questions asked a bad bet to bet each way on this race. This horse may win. He may even place but the place part of this bet is a horrendous bet for the punter. This is the problem with the current way markets work with each way bets there are some races where it is great to bet each way and some that are terrible. This one falls into the second category.

I wish you luck with it but there is no chance you will win in the long run betting each way in these races.

I want to add to the above. This is not a criticism of the selection i really haven't looked into the horse or other horses. This is a criticism of the method. It is in the bookies favor to take an each way bet in that race as you are paying way under the odds on the place part of the bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

One for tomorrow :pac:

466169.JPG

Can't give this one away, 16 on betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

kiers47 wrote: »
    So not as to moan afterwards. But it is 100% no questions asked a bad bet to bet each way on this race. This horse may win. He may even place but the place part of this bet is a horrendous bet for the punter. This is the problem with the current way markets work with each way bets there are some races where it is great to bet each way and some that are terrible. This one falls into the second category.

I wish you luck with it but there is no chance you will win in the long run betting each way in these races.
    Agree 100%, have raised this same point on this thread a few times regarding the bizarre choice of EW bets but never really got answer as to why he plays this way.

There is a cats chance in hell of place part of these sort of bets being profitable long term, win lose or draw bets like this are not +ev, you would do better to bet them win and place on machine show.

Ahh when you are operating off a very low strike rate backing EW like today is probably the way to go as the long losing runs will be hard to cope with mentally.

9/2 in the place market now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

I agree there are cases where it's preferable to keep yourself sane but it's a certain fact that you are giving back a % of your long term ROI by betting this way, there have been some pretty bonkers EW bets on this thread in past and just does not make sense to me, that's all.

del roy wrote: »
    Can't give this one away, 16 on betfair.

they knew, never put in race.

• Advertisement

In fairness it was a hands and heels apprentice handicap. So not getting it in the race is fairly explanatory and if you are betting in it you know what you are getting into.

Advertisement