Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

JV reckons Mark will be mighty relieved to win this frame!

JV is a very insightful man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

He’ll be really relieved to finally get a frame this evening. This is great viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

John Virgo is great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Amazing theatre here, Williams was playing amazing stuff but trying too hard to win, Higgins was loosing, then Williams changed his style (in my opinion) and Higgins played brilliantly. Not a clue who'll win from here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Steve is calling that right i think.

• Advertisement

This is why the long matches are so great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    John Virgo is great.

When we got the "foreign" channels in JV was snooker thanks to the Saturday night program with yerman Daniels

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You're being a knob. I'd say people here would probably rather chat about the snooker than talk about a topic that's been done over and over..

I accept that, yes. However, it's still an aspect that hangs over the entire sport, and (sadly) ignoring it doesn't alter facts.

I hope Williams wins, and if not I'll still love snooker tomorrow,

Clareman wrote: »
    When we got the "foreign" channels in JV was snooker thanks to the Saturday night program with yerman Daniels

I loved Big Break. Great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Best final since.....can’t even remember. 2014 was very good but this is in another stratosphere.

When some ppl were so dismissive of the line up from the semis upwards.

Just goes to show that snooker is never about one particular player.

What a red from Williams !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Another mistake from Mark :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Jim Davidson no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Was it not Jim Davidson? Big Break?

Mark bby wat u doin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

AllForIt wrote: »
    When some ppl were so dismissive of the line up from the semis upwards.

Just goes to show that snooker is never about one particular player.

Oh absolutely. Have been critical myself but credit where it’s due and these two guys are really serving up a classic.

Yeah Jim Davidson.

"Say goodnight, JV"

"Goodnight JV!"

Is it just me or does that World Snooker delegate a few seats over from the Coventry fan continuously look like he is having a snooze?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

Both players edgy now.

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    Another mistake from Mark :mad:

That missed pink was the first really terrible miss he's made in this final. Final session nerves.

Higgins starting to miss a few. Classic last few frames ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,351 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Get in there Mark.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Ok I know he missed the pink but MJW must be up there as one of the greatest middle pocket players?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Even when you think Mark is starting to bottle it, he regroups and pulls ridiculous pots out of nowhere. That's why it's so hard to grind him out, he's near impossible to contain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

Looking like Williams will get over the line now

Ok I know he missed the pink but MJW must be up there as one of the greatest middle pocket players?

He's one of the greatest ever, full stop. This would be his 21st ranking tournament success which is pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,064 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Williams is one hardy bastid...

Yup, Jim Davidson, I remember spending Saturday's in Dillinger's in Ennis and coming home and my mother loving the show, I think I could do a clearing the colours before anything else thanks to that program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

Inviere wrote: »
    Looking like Williams will get over the line now

This frame is huge

Advertisement