Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you shower every day?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I workout pretty much everyday and shower straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I echo the op.
    Right down to feeling just not the same if I for some reason(very rarely)miss my shower...

My tip of the day: If you have an electric shower fed from the mains!? .. Never brush your teeth before you put your shower on. The water pressure in most parts of Éire is not great. So if you use the bathroom tap(from tank)then you will lose even more pressure as your tank try's to fill up from the mains as you take your shower. Possibly triggering the heating element in your shower to shut down as it's automatic and has a shutdown safety feature..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Every second day, sometimes every third. Pits and bits wash daily.

In summer yeah, probably every day.

I like very hot showers and have very sensitive skin, I'd be a big walking streak of red itchiness if I took one daily. It's bad for your skin and immune system to overwash too.

You shed a lot more skin and sweat into your clothes than in the shower, smell wise it's probably more important to change those.

I do smoke but I'm not overweight, have a healthy diet etc, there seem to be certain lifestyle factors as well as just the spin of the wheel that affect how much someone sweats and their body odour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Shower in my own piss, it's all about saving water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Don't believe in showering, it's a waste of energy.
    It rains enough here, so I just run out naked wearing shower gel when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I shower after every meal, using a clean Egyptian cotton towel each time and put on clean underwear having thrown the previous underwear out after one use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

its been said (although i have never given it a go ... might put it on my bucket list if I ever get one) that if you dont wash your hair on week number 2 of it being filthy and maggotty it actually starts washing itself - science/nature is incredible innit?

i think Rastafarians never wash their locks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm just here waiting for nox and the big sh1tshow that will result of him talking about his hygiene.

Also yes, in the morning, washing my hair every second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Most days. Weekends depending on what I've been doing.

• Advertisement

Shower every morning after swimming to get the chlorine out, and again in the evening if more exercise is done. Morning shower takes a bit longer since I do a hair wash and any other grooming that needs doing, any evening shower is a quickie job to freshen up.

AH is becoming a real Groundhog Day experience lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

I scrolled through the thread until I found that. It never fails.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I shower after every meal, using a clean Egyptian cotton towel each time and put on clean underwear having thrown the previous underwear out after one use.

that's my goal too for when i win the lotto - :D

filth wearing a 'clean' pair of grundies more than once even if they have been washed in the machine. only plebs would do that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

its been said (although i have never given it a go ... might put it on my bucket list if I ever get one) that if you dont wash your hair on week number 2 of it being filthy and maggotty it actually starts washing itself - science/nature is incredible innit?

i think Rastafarians never wash their locks ...
    I tried that before, after week 3 I gave up, it did not clean itself! :pac:

LirW wrote: »
    I'm just here waiting for nox and the big sh1tshow that will result of him talking about his hygiene.

Also yes, in the morning, washing my hair every second day.

I get a visit by the hair fairy every night without fail , so I have to include washing of my hair in my daily shower unfortunately to tame it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Do you start sh1te threads every day? ðŸ˜

This thread is done to death on here, at least one every two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I shower twice a day. Before work and after work.
    Once a day at the weekends.

It should be the law.

Are you working down a coal mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Abdy, andy, andy. Get a hobby:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Every evening when I come in from work.

I echo the op.
    Right down to feeling just not the same if I for some reason(very rarely)miss my shower...

My tip of the day: If you have an electric shower fed from the mains!? .. Never brush your teeth before you put your shower on. The water pressure in most parts of Éire is not great. So if you use the bathroom tap(from tank)then you will lose even more pressure as your tank try's to fill up from the mains as you take your shower. Possibly triggering the heating element in your shower to shut down as it's automatic and has a shutdown safety feature..

I have 2 showers in our present house (i'm not rich LOL - its a rented house) we have an electric pumped one in the main bathroom that takes its hot water from the cylinder in the hot press and gets its water from the tank in the attic , not the mains water thats nice and powerful enough but the one in the en-suite (honestly I am not rich, its just a rented house with an en-suite :) ) well thats 9kw one runs on mains or watever it is and it is complete and utter Shítesville - I could spit stronger than the water that comes out of that ... unless you turn it all the way to the freezing cold setting , then its more powerful .

yeah the cold mains pressure over here in most parts of Ireland is shíte - feck in the UK you turned on cold mains tap ever so slightly on the sink and you drowned yourself with it splashing up at ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

yeah the cold mains pressure over here in most parts of Ireland is shíte - feck in the UK you turned on cold mains tap ever so slightly on the sink and you drowned yourself with it splashing up at ya.

It depends where and on the plumbing in the building in both countries. In a lot of parts of the UK it's also very low and all about tanks in attics.

I dealt with abysmal water pressure in London. It was often so low that the washing machine would cancel the cycle due to a time out on the fill!

Attic tanks are quite uniquely Irish and British thing. They were installed due to the old water mains systems being inadequate to deal with peak loads. It means that slower-flowing mains can serve houses, thus reduced the cost of rolling out wider, higher pressure / higher flow pipework.

Basally, your water is buffering, much like YouTube on a dial up line.

Also, if you're a large enough attic tank and a pressure-boosting pump, you'll have absolutely no issues whatsoever with showers.

Abdy, andy, andy. Get a hobby:)

I've got a hobby ... its called Boards.ie ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Anybody showering more than once a day needs to cop on to themselves as it's a complete n utter waste of time, I wonder have they have nothing better to do. Showering 5 times a week is grand for most people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Twice a week if I'm sleeping in it every night.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I tried that before, after week 3 I gave up, it did not clean itself! :pac:

I'd heard 6 weeks. I don't think I could stand the itching.

I love some of these hotel water pressure for their showers - now thats what you call a 'power shower' - sure if I go away and its a decent enough hotel I make sure I make good use of the powerful shower there - must be powerful commercial pumps they use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Greyfox wrote: »
    Anybody showering more than once a day needs to cop on to themselves as it's a complete n utter waste of time, I wonder have they have nothing better to do. Showering 5 times a week is grand for most people

Lots of people sweat more while asleep than they realise. Especially a lot of medication can cause night sweats. It is especially common in women and night sweats are often one of the signs that menopause is coming closer.

I find a shower wakes me up - so I would shower in the Morning and baths tend to relax me so I would have shower in the morning when you need to be refreshed and a bath before going to bed to relax all your muscles and ****e...

I love some of these hotel water pressure for their showers - now thats what you call a 'power shower' - sure if I go away and its a decent enough hotel I make sure I make good use of the powerful shower there - must be powerful commercial pumps they use

Gods, I love those things. I'd love a shower at home that'd flay the flesh from your bones. You feel proper clean after one of them.

• Advertisement

Greyfox wrote: »

What if you swim in the morning and go for a run in the evening? Am I supposed to get into bed without washing after running because I copped myself on?

How much you shower is dependent on what you're up to.

Advertisement