Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking in Dublin 6

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DartryUser

Thanks, that is really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    people who dump their cars like this where I live, soon find odd scratches, wing mirrors disappearing, and flat tyres becoming a regular problem.

Such a cowardly scummy thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

johnmcdon wrote: »
    Will you go away with your guff,.
    The reason ye pay high property taxes is that ye live in houses worth millions they ye inherited from your rich daddy.
    Ye probably are tax evaders and have had your debts written off and paid by us the hard pressed tax payer.
    I have a right to park where I like. If Palmerston Gardens parking is free then I can use it when I like and leave my car there over the weekend.
    I do not dump any rubbish, .
    I am hard working and pay a high mortgage.
    I need to save money where ever I can.
    I will park in Palmerston Gardens and ask everyone else who I know to also park there.
    This is a republic and does not belong to rich people.
    Stop your whinging..
    JohnMc

Why would you expect access to public space to store your private property?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Free parking in Palmerston Gardens, Dublin 6 near Cowper Luas stop

I recently moved from Dublin to Cork for a new job so thought I would help hard pressed Southside commuters by revealing the following, which has saved me a fortune!: I parked for free for over three years on Palmerston Gardens off Cowper Road in Dublin 6, just a 6/7 minute walk from Cowper Luas Green line stop to town. Theres always free spaces and you can park there from morning to night. I still use the parking if going up to Dublin for weekend. Park in Palmerston Gardens and get Luas into town. I stay at my mates flat in town and I leave my car parked over the weekend. Collect it on Sunday on way home. No pay and display or permit parking on the road so its totally free and local residents don’t seem to mind one bit. One of the last roads in Dublin 6 with free parking. Its also a very safe area. Car has never been damaged. Enjoy.

Interesting, and completely off-topic, fact for any rugby fans.
    Palmerston Gardens (and the similarly named surrounds) was once a rugby ground, and was the host training ground for the 2nd All Black's touring team, the Invincibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

blackwhite wrote: »
    Interesting, and completely off-topic, fact for any rugby fans.
    Palmerston Gardens (and the similarly named surrounds) was once a rugby ground, and was the host training ground for the 2nd All Black's touring team, the Invincibles.

Indeed the club is still going albeit quite a distance away up in stepaside. One of the older clubs and still using f.c. instead of r.f.c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭blackwhite

salmocab wrote: »
    Indeed the club is still going albeit quite a distance away up in stepaside. One of the older clubs and still using f.c. instead of r.f.c.

And how did you think I know that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Free parking in Palmerston Gardens, Dublin 6 near Cowper Luas stop

I recently moved from Dublin to Cork for a new job so thought I would help hard pressed Southside commuters by revealing the following, which has saved me a fortune!: I parked for free for over three years on Palmerston Gardens off Cowper Road in Dublin 6, just a 6/7 minute walk from Cowper Luas Green line stop to town. Theres always free spaces and you can park there from morning to night. I still use the parking if going up to Dublin for weekend. Park in Palmerston Gardens and get Luas into town. I stay at my mates flat in town and I leave my car parked over the weekend. Collect it on Sunday on way home. No pay and display or permit parking on the road so its totally free and local residents don’t seem to mind one bit. One of the last roads in Dublin 6 with free parking. Its also a very safe area. Car has never been damaged. Enjoy.

Ah Lads. I recently made a return visit to Palmerston Gardens off Cowper Road in Dublin 6 to park the car after a long lockdown.
    My beloved parking spot is now pay per hour. No more free parking.

So sorry to see the last few free parking spots to go in Dublin. Thanks to all the squealers who ratted out the free parking. Anyone recommend somewhere free. Up the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ah Lads. I recently made a return visit to Palmerston Gardens off Cowper Road in Dublin 6 to park the car after a long lockdown.
    My beloved parking spot is now pay per hour. No more free parking.

So sorry to see the last few free parking spots to go in Dublin. Thanks to all the squealers who ratted out the free parking. Anyone recommend somewhere free. Up the Republic.

It was you that told people about the free parking, if more people parked there and the residents were struggling to get their own parking then it’s because you told the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 johnmcdon

It was you that told people about the free parking, if more people parked there and the residents were struggling to get their own parking then it’s because you told the internet.

What are you on about. I was telling boardies who are a small group of people who look after each other. Don't blame the messenger. You seem to align to the elite who want to keep the peasants out. Up the Republic.

Thanks to all the squealers who ratted out the free parking.
    johnmcdon wrote: »
    What are you on about. I was telling boardies who are a small group of people who look after each other.

So is that it confirmed then; that pajoemccracken and johnmcdon are the same person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭john boye

So is that it confirmed then; that pajoemccracken and johnmcdon are the same person?

Both of their most recent posts ended with 'up the Republic' so survey says yes. Up the Republic.

Oh balls...

Advertisement