Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your last physical disc game?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I bought GTA V in Argos when it came out on PC because my internet at the time was pure muck, its got like 7 discs and took the bones of two hours too install.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For PC...maybe Starcraft 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Gears of War

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Skyrim. Don't remember the disc but I do remember I had the map on the wall to try to increase immersion. Enjoyed it until I made my character boringly overpowered. Stopped playing shortly after.

It was when the game was released, which was Nov 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Get iron ore, mage iron daggers. Increase smithing to 100 within a few hours into the game.
    I was way OP too.

That trick still works. I tried it on Skyrim VR last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Pretty sure it was Skyrim too - put 130+ into it, great game IMHO despite loads of flaws.

I'm actually thinking about getting it again for the Switch, though not sure I want the time sink again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Came in a card box and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bought Evolve for €1.50 last year....never installed it on Steam, prob never will.

Championship manager 01/02 have two copies of it now and have had 5/6 copies of the same game over the years. They end up scratched lost or broke.. seriously thinking of buying an old second hand laptop to start playing it again

Square made it free to download

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's still the best verion of the game, though i'm partial to 97/98 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Bought Evolve for €1.50 last year....never installed it on Steam, prob never will.

Think it's free to play now anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Far Cry 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Championship managers - had a lot of them over the years ...

" just one more game, then ill go to bed......>"
    3hours later.................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Far Cry 2

Actually I have a question on this.

I haven't played any of the Fry Cry Series so which would be the best one to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jonah Luma rugby, the years have been kind to it still probably the only decent rugby game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Remouad wrote: »

I haven't played any of the Fry Cry Series so which would be the best one to start with?

3 is widely considered to be the most popular in the series. Blood Dragon seems good but I haven't actually played it.
    4 is little more than an expansion to 3.
    2 is enjoyable with some irksome mechanics (malaria and constantly respawning enemies) and an atrocious palette.
    The first game is incredibly hard due to enemies being able to shoot through walls and some enemies being able to all but one-hit KO you. I'd avoid it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

The Sims.

I bought some sort of ultimate box. The game itself (2 discs) and all the expansions. Bloody box had 20-odd discs in it.

10 years ago? Not sure anymore.

3 is widely considered to be the most popular in the series. Blood Dragon seems good but I haven't actually played it.
    4 is little more than an expansion to 3.
    2 is enjoyable with some irksome mechanics (malaria and constantly respawning enemies) and an atrocious palette.
    The first game is incredibly hard due to enemies being able to shoot through walls and some enemies being able to all but one-hit KO you. I'd avoid it.

5 is good, but not as good as 3.
    The graphics in 5 are really no better than that in 3 or 4.
    But tower climbing as a thing is dead! Praise Jebus!
    5 can be a lot of work, as there is always, always, something wanting you dead. Unless you sit in a friendly town, assume that you will be pretty much constantly shooting something.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Championship managers - had a lot of them over the years ...

" just one more game, then ill go to bed......>"
    3hours later.................

I'm replaying Mount & Blade at the moment. Have the same thing.
    "Just one more Siege, just one more Siege"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Square made it free to download

Championship manager...Can it be got on a ipad or android phone... probably not , just wanted to ask

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

I think it was NFS Most Wanted 2005. Tried to cop Carbon too but funnily enough they couldn't find the CD so they couldn't sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Mass Effect 2 I think.

Hard to believe that was released 8 years ago now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2.

Half price in Argos if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Remouad wrote: »

3 is definitely the most enjoyable,but if you like getting malaria and your weapons jamming/breaking in the middle of firefights, 2 may be right up your street..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pretty sure my last physical (PC) game purchase was Battlefield Bad Company 2. Loved that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Frostpunk: Victorian Edition will arrive into these hands soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Think it was GTA IV. Had moved and had no internet for a few weeks. Had been playing WoW exclusively at the time so wanted an offline game. Installed it, then found out about needing to log in to Rockstar Social Club and Microsoft Live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Shogun 2 TW, which would have been.... 2012-ish?

2011, Wikipedia says!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Battlefield Vietnam as far as i can remember. Remember my pc struggling to play it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Star Wars - The Old Republic was the last one for PC anyway, and that was 2011.

GTA 5 was probably the last on any console.

Advertisement