Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRESTLEMANIA 34 Pre-Show/Live Show Thread (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Crowd dumped all over that. Glad Lesnar retained, no big dawg appreciation night now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Did lesnar catch Him with a sharp elbow for the cut or was it a blade job

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was a decent WrestleMania to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

lycan238 wrote: »
    I will go to bed a happy man. right result. Wonder how long Brock will have it now?

His UFC ban still has 6 months to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MOTN: Ronda/Angle vs HHH/Steph.

Special mentions for the IC triple-threat and Asuka/Charlotte which were good.

Not much else was decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Well at least they did end it differently I suppose. A crap match with crap build up for a crap main event. Not a great way to end Wrestlemania but it's done now.

Best moments of the night for me were
    Ronda/Angle Vs HHH/Steph
    Daniel Bryan wrestling again
    Undertaker squashing John Cena

Everything else was kind've meh for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭colmufc

Rousey was match and performer of the night ,who would have honestly said that 5 million hours ago or whenever this started
    Present surprise was not seeing kid rock do anything
    Ic match was good
    Tag match was a joke
    Auska v Charlotte was great
    Dbry was wasted
    Not much else to say but goodnight and goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lots of unexpected results tonight, which is more than I can say for previous manias.

Reigns was 1/7, Jinder Mahal was 33/1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My highlight of the night was, by a massive margin, getting to see Bryan back in action.

They’re playing Roman’s music as he walks up the ramp. Do they actually think he’s going to draw any sympathy from that crowd? Smh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭colmufc

And they still find a way to end with Romans music playing out
    **** you very much vince

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Passable show but it was missing those ‘Mania Moments’. I this and the Rumble people expect to see those names from the past make an appearance and this had nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When is Lesnar's contract actually up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Passable show but it was missing those ‘Mania Moments’. I this and the Rumble people expect to see those names from the past make an appearance and this had nothing.

It was s great mania, nothing disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sirsok wrote: »
    It was s great mania, nothing disappointed.

Tag partner was definitely a let down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Also Jinder is being inflicted on us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

In what sense?

Lolzzzz

What annoyed me the most was the crowd. They were extremely loud at WrestleMania 30 in the same arena so it’s not an acoustics issues. They were just dead.

I miss WrestleMania in the smaller arenas, they’ll never go back to them but the atmosphere does be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If thats your only complaint, then it was a great mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

martyos121 wrote: »
    What annoyed me the most was the crowd. They were extremely loud at WrestleMania 30 in the same arena so it’s not an acoustics issues. They were just dead.

I miss WrestleMania in the smaller arenas, they’ll never go back to them but the atmosphere does be incredible.
    They were super loud for D-Bry too, to be fair. That was it. But compare that to the NXT crowd. Even though Ciampa vs Gargano is still one of the greatest matches of all time, the crowd made it even more special.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Crowd seemed into it for the triple-threat, the SD women's title match, the mixed-tag, the Bryan tag and Strowman's tag match. They died a bit after the initial excitement of AJ/Nak, and then just went into business for themselves during Reigns/Lesnar with the beachball and other shenanigans.

Had a look over on r/squaredcircle and it turns out Nicholas is the son of WWE ref John Cone. Cone also reffed that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Few decent parts but a bit of a stinker of a Mania. As you could expect from the dreadful build.

"This is awful" chants during the main event is never good. Ronda was great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

For as much as Roman is Vince's guy I think that he has done more damage to him (albeit obliviously unintentional) than most.
    He never had a long run with the title but it's the mere idea of it now that gets at people, he's been built up so for that role for years but hasn't went through it that scares you. Roman kicked out of 80 F5's but it didn't matter after just 1 beat AJ, Braun & Joe.
    I turned it off after Taker vs Cena as I was tired. I thought Rousey exceeded expectations even if some of her offence was sloppy it didn't matter as she was game, Stephanie fighting off the armbar longer than anyone ever had was a bit  HHH doing it with his power would make sense but not his wife. But they nailed the finish as Ronda was taking her time before syncing it in. Asuka losing AND tapping out after seeing Rousey's performance made it a very bad idea.
    Cena running past her was just classic WWE logic of fumbling something that should be special but isn't; but hey they got a meme now. Rusev being pinned contributed to a bit of bad will later in the show. Battle Royal's were just there; Cruiserweight was fine(Cedric facial reaction to everything is the same; from selling a move to winning a title) & the Smackdown tag titles match was the dead part of the show I saw. IC match was a very tidy opener pity Miz lost.
    Cena vs Taker couldn't have been a great match in 2018 but I never warmed to the storyline & the match was confirmation that it should have happened pre streak ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Awful awful Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

ERG89 wrote: »
    For as much as Roman is Vince's guy I think that he has done more damage to him (albeit obliviously unintentional) than most.
    He never had a long run with the title but it's the mere idea of it now that gets at people, he's been built up so for that role for years but hasn't went through it that scares you. Roman kicked out of 80 F5's but it didn't matter after just 1 beat AJ, Braun & Joe.
    I turned it off after Taker vs Cena as I was tired. I thought Rousey exceeded expectations even if some of her offence was sloppy it didn't matter as she was game, Stephanie fighting off the armbar longer than anyone ever had was a bit  HHH doing it with his power would make sense but not his wife. But they nailed the finish as Ronda was taking her time before syncing it in. Asuka losing AND tapping out after seeing Rousey's performance made it a very bad idea.
    Cena running past her was just classic WWE logic of fumbling something that should be special but isn't; but hey they got a meme now. Rusev being pinned contributed to a bit of bad will later in the show. Battle Royal's were just there; Cruiserweight was fine(Cedric facial reaction to everything is the same; from selling a move to winning a title) & the Smackdown tag titles match was the dead part of the show I saw. IC match was a very tidy opener pity Miz lost.
    Cena vs Taker couldn't have been a great match in 2018 but I never warmed to the storyline & the match was confirmation that it should have happened pre streak ending.

What about Alexa's loss to Nia Jax? She looked so innocent sitting in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I haven’t watched in a while but Lesnar looks very slimmed down.

Possibly back in USADA testing pool to serve his UFC suspension. When serving your suspension you gotta remain available for drug testing so Lesnar "retired" mid way through his suspension meaning he didn't have to remain available for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

764dak wrote:
    What about Alexa's loss to Nia Jax? She looked so innocent sitting in the corner.

I didn't watch that yet. I've to watch everything from Bryans return on. My brother said Nakamura vs Styles was ok. Nothing more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What a mixed bag of mostly meh. Thankfully I'm barely a casual fan of the main roster anymore - being served that main event was laughable.

When will WWE realize that 7-8 hours is too long for a person to watch stuff live?

Advertisement