Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Friday 6th April

Options
  • 06-04-2018 7:26pm

A bit of a yawn line up for me tonight- I'll probably be giving it a miss.

but HAY, it's the weekend so have fun.

Funny-Pulling-Horse-Face-Image.jpg

There's quite a sporty theme to this week's edition of The Late Late Show on RTÉ One.

Joining Ryan Tubridy are horseracing legends Ruby, Katie and Ted Walsh. It'll be their first joint television interview since Ruby’s unfortunate fall at Cheltenham.

Ruby will tell viewers about the frustration of falling and breaking his leg so soon after getting back in the saddle and Ted will reveal how it felt as a parent to see it happen.

Katie will recall what it was like to race to victory later that day, with her brother’s condition foremost in her mind. And we’ll be finding out if Katie fancies her chances of becoming the first woman to win the Grand National at Aintree.

Outspoken pundit Joe Brolly joins host Ryan Tubridy to discuss everything from the upcoming GAA Championship and working as an advocate for cystic fibrosis patients; to growing up in Northern Ireland during the height of Troubles and the impact that seeing his father interned had on him.

With Ireland’s hopes at Eurovision victory resting on his shoulders, Ryan O’Shaughnessy will be in studio to chat about heading to Lisbon for this year’s contest and the controversy around the Russian take on the video for his entry Together. Plus he'll be performing the song on television for the first time.

Rachel Moran was coerced into prostitution in her early teens and spent seven years in the Dublin sex trade. She campaigned strongly for a new law, brought in last year, to criminalise the buying of sex. On Friday night she will discuss why she believes a failure to fully enforce this new law is making the sex trade more dangerous.

Ryan will meet some of the people whose objects caught the eye of the curators on National Treasures, the new TV show and exhibition telling the story of Ireland over the last century through the ordinary objects treasured by families up and down the country. He will be hearing some of the stories behind these objects and what they reveal about the Irish.

Dermot Higgins will also be in studio as he celebrates becoming, at 55-years-old, the oldest person ever to travel around the world by bicycle.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0405/952428-this-weeks-late-late-show-line-up-revealed/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There is nothing worth watching in that.

I liked when the Eurovision was an all comers, write a song, take you chance competition. Now it's clinical and no offence to the lad, but a bland affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Horsey racing people? Again? Wow.

Room 101 is on at half 8. I wonder if someone picked LLS guest lists - you know, the canteen people, the sick people, the constant tide of fake country music people - would Frank Skinner not believe them that such nonsense exists in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

First interview with them all together since he fall at Cheltenham. Oh wow its been a whole 4 weeks. F*** off RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If ye think this lineup is bad, wait for D'arcy tomorrow night, im watching the masters and might flick over for Brolly, then again i might not, i might go to the toilet instead

• Advertisement

If ye think this lineup is bad, wait for D'arcy tomorrow night, im watching the masters and might flick over for Brolly, then again i might not, i might go to the toilet instead

Jeez, everything has to be either/or these days.

Can't we just agree they're both rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all!

original.gif

B2FfZWZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jeez, everything has to be either/or these days.

Can't we just agree they're both rubbish?

Wheres the fun in that :)

Wheres the fun in that :)

That's a very good question!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Evening all. Missed you all last week. I was in the deep South (Tipperary) drinking with great gusto.

That Walsh story was all over the radio for days after it happened. You'd think Ruby had died or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Horsey racing people? Again? Wow.

Room 101 is on at half 8. I wonder if someone picked LLS guest lists - you know, the canteen people, the sick people, the constant tide of fake country music people - would Frank Skinner not believe them that such nonsense exists in the first place?

Hmm, that is a conundurum

But I would just like to point out that Frank Skinner will be starring as Johnny Cash in 'Johnny Cash and the Ostrich' on Sky Arts on a few weeks

https://twitter.com/BritishComedy/status/973209273768534017

Ross Kemp in the audience tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jaysus, she looks a bit older than 19

"Would you like to meet some of Norah's Children?"

Erm, no thanks.

slag

Does she live in a giant shoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jaysus love it's a womb not a clown car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,618 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Go to the toilet instead tomorrow night...In their first live TV interview since winning Dancing With the Stars Jake Carter and dance partner Karen Byrne. Talk about getting your jaysus monies worth out of a show :mad:

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0406/952571-this-weeks-ray-darcy-show-guests-announced/

''I think there are a few out the back''

:D :D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Yes, she fairly pushed them out. Oh missus no doubt you enjoyed IT!

• Advertisement
    M

Their childrens allowance must have been like a big win at the bookies each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Jaysus prime time telly and interviewing a 90 year old woman with 19 kids. Sure where else would you get it?

M

None of your homelessness then, just give a man the blocks and he built his own gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Ages 47 to 67. So that is pretty much a child a year for 19 years??

giphy.gif

M

Would have been great if you were ever in a row, the brothers would have been able to sort out any rival family.

slag

Stay classy.

Seems a lovely woman, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Tubs is itching to ask if they’re all from the same da

Advertisement