Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Protection Request to Online Bookmaker, anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@diomed.

iesnare was previously prevented from running using noscript in firefox. However they now run it on their servers so you'll only see it by packet sniffing.

They are not interested in your private data. They are interested in your MAC address especially if you are using multiple accounts ! Its not about money laundering. It is about self preservation, limiting customers and maxismising profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

A few years ago if you visited the iovation website it was all about targeting customers, identifying opportunities.
    Perhaps following negative comment from Neil Channing and others the website now has a bland appearance with comments about "fighting fraud" and "customer experience".

Why did the software not identify fraud when one customer lost €1.75 million to an Irish bookmaker. The customer was an employee of An Post.
    There are many cases like this. An employee of Finglas Credit Union was jailed for stealing €1.7 million to feed his gambling addiction.

That is what the software does. It helps manage these customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

STB. wrote: »
    It is about self preservation, limiting customers and maxismising profits.
    They do not limit losing customers. They actively encourage them to bet with them until they have taken everything they have or can access.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Every single bookmaker has problem gamblers on their books.They harass them with messages, free bets etc etc to keep them coming back. They feed off them without missing a wink of sleep. They couldn’t give a flying fxck about problem gamblers as those two court cases above point of which are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

BumperD wrote: »
    Every single bookmaker has problem gamblers on their books.They harass them with messages, free bets etc etc to keep them coming back. They feed off them without missing a wink of sleep. They couldn’t give a flying fxck about problem gamblers as those two court cases above point of which are just the tip of the iceberg.

A problem gambler with access to large amounts of cash is a bookies wet dream in fairness. I'd love to know what % of the larger firms turnover comes from embezzled funds. Add in drug dealers throwing hundreds on every race and I'd say we're talking a large chunk of the pie.

It baffles me that bookmakers still get away with turning a blind eye to obvious theft by their customers. How on earth is their no auditing system in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

diomed wrote: »
    They do not limit losing customers. They actively encourage them to bet with them until they have taken everything they have or can access.

I was talking about limiting winning customers.

They'll use every trick in the book to try and prove you had multiple accounts as a barrier to payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

diomed wrote: »
    bohsman wrote: »
    Do you work in the gambling industry?
    I do.

Advertisement