Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best "all rounder" bikes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

This thought has crept into my brain as well again and I've looked at the nc750 before and am still looking at it, it is a great bike but I'm afraid to let go of the cbr.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

How is the NC750 at motorway (or slightly above speeds)?
    Love the idea of the NC750, low revs + the DCT, but just seems like it's underpowered?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

Triumph sprint St 1050
    Great all rounder,
    Ticks all your boxes, luggage, track day comfy, sporty, and nice triple engine noise
    Have one myself, cracking bike, csn be got at good value too
    Also newer Gt model available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

The Yamaha MT-09. https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/yamaha-mt09a-2016-at-moto4u/17644379

I have had my eye on one of these for a while. Its a bit out of the price bracket but I think it would suit. Now if you want excitement then get one of them MV Augusta Brutale 800's. Beautiful bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Rory28 wrote: »
    The Yamaha MT-09. https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/yamaha-mt09a-2016-at-moto4u/17644379

I have had my eye on one of these for a while. Its a bit out of the price bracket but I think it would suit. Now if you want excitement then get one of them MV Augusta Brutale 800's. Beautiful bike.

Yeah, but if you're at 8k for an MT-09 then you may as well go to 10k for an MT-10. :pac:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712041794301

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

lanciadub wrote: »
    Triumph sprint St 1050
    Great all rounder,
    Ticks all your boxes, luggage, track day comfy, sporty, and nice triple engine noise
    Have one myself, cracking bike, csn be got at good value too
    Also newer Gt model available

Yep ticks all the OPs boxes, as does the older 955i, nice ones going cheap as chips. I've had a '04 as my everyday mount for 12 years now, getting old and tired now but I'd jump at the chance to get another nice low mileage one.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 davehere

thos wrote: »
    How is the NC750 at motorway (or slightly above speeds)?
    Love the idea of the NC750, low revs + the DCT, but just seems like it's underpowered?

The NC700 has no problems at motorway speeds. I do 60km a day and am happy enough with the speed. It wouldn't be as fast to reach top speeds as previous bike (fjr1300) I wouldn't do a lot of motorway driving so wouldn't have much opportunity to push it beyond 120.

It's a lot quieter than the triumph

Advertisement