Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

A cup of freshly brewed coffee in my favourite mug and Boychik Donuts from the Galway Saturday market. Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The gale outside not only dried the clothes but pretty much ironed them as well!! Result!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The "Open Library" service, when it works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting decent food at work instead of just a sandwich like normal

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Caramelised onions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Fresh mixed salad from the garden compliments of the free seeds from Lidl.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

From last week but I wasn't on Boards to say it.

At the start of the month when my online bank statement says ''spending this month 0.00''

For the half hour that lasts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When you're flicking channels and come across a really good old episode of the Simpsons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

When you're flicking channels and come across a really good old episode of the Simpsons. :)

It's the old ones that are good - the newer ones are ****e imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My English boyfriend on a phone call to an Irish person saying “ah sure it’s grand”. Always gives me a giggle when he’s talking to an Irish person and says words in an Irish way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My English boyfriend on a phone call to an Irish person saying “ah sure it’s grand”. Always gives me a giggle when he’s talking to an Irish person and says words in an Irish way :D

They use "grand" for "fine" a lot in England.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Not exactly the same but mine's started ''ah sure it's grand''. Very cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Getting clothes dried outside in lovely sunshine and getting them back indoors just before the rain. (My rock and roll lifestyle :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sitting on the balcony just out of the rain, since it's still warm enough. There's something about the sound of rain that allows me to sit still and just enjoy it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

My madonna lillies and climbing rose are open and being explored by bees .It's sunny . Taking my tea outside again . Heavenly .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had the nicest dinner ever yesterday and there are leftovers for today yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I had the nicest dinner ever yesterday and there are leftovers for today yay!

What was it?

Looking forward to my chicken and stuffing sambos. With a bag of green hunky dorys. Yum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    What was it?

Looking forward to my chicken and stuffing sambos. With a bag of green hunky dorys. Yum.

Steak, mash, roasted carrots, roast spuds, peas and gravy. It was all cooked to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Steak, mash, roasted carrots, roast spuds, peas and gravy. It was all cooked to perfection.

Where did you say you lived ? :D

TH all of this chat about food has reminded me that I have to buy some groceries on the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The rain held off for the little kids sports day . Thats a bonus this June

• Advertisement

Dealz had LOADS of Galaxy Golden Eggs, and they were only €1 each! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I hate school. But on the TH side of things.... 14 more school days and I am free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Skincare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Working flasks, Ibuprofen, salt and water, my th's for today.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Needed to contact Protect our Water today about a septic tank registration from years ago. Had no email or password or registration number. Usual start to phone call, busy lines, recorded etc so I settled down to a long wait.

Almost immediately a lady answered, listened to my plea and said she would put me on hold.

Within a minute she was back with all the information, sent the required form by email and updated my record.

Later got confirmation of updates by email.
    Took all of three minutes. Thanked her profusely of course.

We can be super efficient and it made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Falling asleep easily and staying asleep through the night.

This past week I’ve finally not been struggling to get to sleep at night due to working ridiculously long hours and being mentally and physically exhausted.

I love sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The laughter of schoolkids.
    The silence of the night.
    People greeting you on the street.
    That first few minutes just after you plonk on the sofa - bliss.

Hugs (yes, plural!) in the Library from a child who's at an age in which he should be embarrassed to do so in a public place (imagine, in front of other people!!); he also said "I missed you!"

I missed you loads, too, kiddo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I have a little planter on my windowsill full of flowers and a mini tree. I put 3 little green plastic kittens in it one day as I had nothing else to do with them.

My house is in the middle of a working yard, and most days the kittens are in different places when I come home! Today one was exploring life outside the planter, climing my window courtesy of blue tack.

Whoever it is is putting serious effort into dreaming up places for these kittens and it really entertains me!

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    I have a little planter on my windowsill full of flowers and a mini tree. I put 3 little green plastic kittens in it one day as I had nothing else to do with them.

My house is in the middle of a working yard, and most days the kittens are in different places when I come home! Today one was exploring life outside the planter, climing my window courtesy of blue tack.

Whoever it is is putting serious effort into dreaming up places for these kittens and it really entertains me!

Do you live next door to Amélie but you've no garden gnomes? :pac::)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement