Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dillian Whyte vs Lucas Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 eliterank

Bamboozled how Lucas Browne was in a position to be in that ring, worried for Parker next week if that’s the level of Australian/Kiwi fighters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Dread Pirate Roberts

Calling out wilder hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"I just knocked out a former world champion there... in five rounds".
    Oh god, someone have a word with him before he starts getting to Tony Bellew levels of delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭claresmurf

Calling out wilder hahahaha

I think he has a decent chance against Wilder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Just chasing the money. Not suprised he called out Wilder

• Advertisement

I fancy Whyte to beat Wilder, all he has is power. He was getting out boxed by Gerald Washington for 4 rounds before stopping him.

Just looking back at the fight on youtube, Dillian Whyte got away with hitting Browne on the back of the head with his elbow. I've linked to the video, but click ahead to 14:52 to see the part I'm talking about. He was going to lose anyway, but I think the ref should have stepped in and had a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Strangely my posts seem to have been moved to another thread.
    Does the whyte victory in that fashion give him the right to a title fight now?

Find it tough to watch that KO, Whtye celebrating and Browne is out cold.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Strangely my posts seem to have been moved to another thread.
    Does the whyte victory in that fashion give him the right to a title fight now?
    He's mandatory for Wilder, so its likely he'll get a title shot next. Looked like a tough match up on paper but Browne was badly out of shape and had no game plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Whyte showed he has power.

Wilder vs Whyte would be interesting.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Whyte showed he has power.

Wilder vs Whyte would be interesting.

It took him 6 rounds to put away a punchbag. Wilder would destroy him. Ortiz would beat whyte in my opinion. Would Browne beat stiverne? Similar standard at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

eliterank wrote: »
    I fancy Whyte to beat Wilder, all he has is power. He was getting out boxed by Gerald Washington for 4 rounds before stopping him.

Are you Eddie Hearn?

Browne looked like he was just pulled out of jail. Disgraceful shape. I’d love to see wilder spark Whyte but I hope he gets to Joshua first.
    If Wilder is forced to fight Whyte I’d expect it to be over in 4.

Totally agree with this. Whyte leaves himself wide open and wilder would get to him. That said, he’s got some wins now and I wouldn’t argue with him getting a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Observation of the night from the great Carl Froch

Rd 5:

“Right uppercut missing quite badly, but why not try it, because he can’t miss.”

Froch was a good brawler but he is insufferable as a pundit. Micheal Owen of the boxing world

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Froch was a good brawler but he is insufferable as a pundit. Micheal Owen of the boxing world

Froch prepared meticulously as a fighter, extremely dedicated to his profession.
    As a commentator he couldn't be more unprepared. He doesn't seem to watch any boxing other than what he commentates on, and just milks the fact he had a great career.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Big Ears wrote: »
    Froch prepared meticulously as a fighter, extremely dedicated to his profession.
    As a commentator he couldn't be more unprepared. He doesn't seem to watch any boxing other than what he commentates on, and just milks the fact he had a great career.

It's a pity sky won't get rid of him and bring in Andy Lee.

As for last night, Whyte was made to look good by an atrocious fighter. He is nothing more than a gatekeeper.

That’s true. Whyte is entitled to be in title fights as something of a measuring stick or tune up for unification or as gatekeeper for rising stars. I would like him to get the wilder fight. If joe Joyce or Daniel Dubois got a hold of him I don’t think it would go well for him but I’d expect him to avoid their likes in favour of something transatlantic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That’s true. Whyte is entitled to be in title fights as something of a measuring stick or tune up for unification or as gatekeeper for rising stars. I would like him to get the wilder fight. If joe Joyce or Daniel Dubois got a hold of him I don’t think it would go well for him but I’d expect him to avoid their likes in favour of something transatlantic

Speaking of Joyce and Dubois, that's a fight i'd like to see. I wonder what are the chances of that being made? Is it too soon for Dubois?

Speaking of Joyce and Dubois, that's a fight i'd like to see. I wonder what are the chances of that being made? Is it too soon for Dubois?

Joyce was supposed to be fighting Chisora on The Haye/Bellew undercard but that doesn’t seem to be happening now. Pity as I would have been betting big on Joyce.

Joyce was supposed to be fighting Chisora on The Haye/Bellew undercard but that doesn’t seem to be happening now. Pity as I would have been betting big on Joyce.

I think it would be a bit soon. He needs to fight someone that hits back but not for a while. There’s little reason for them to fight one another unless it’s an eliminator. Both look good but so did price and fury not so long ago. Fury backed it up (once) and price didn’t.

I think it would be a bit soon. He needs to fight someone that hits back but not for a while. There’s little reason for them to fight one another unless it’s an eliminator. Both look good but so did price and fury not so long ago. Fury backed it up (once) and price didn’t.

Joyce's amateur opposition (especially WSB) is a level above Del Boy. I don't think it's too soon as Joyce is 32 and he needs to fast track his career.
    I don't think Joyce is great but Chisora and Whyte are very poor and I reckon the bookies odds on Joyce would be worth a bet.

Totally agree with you - I meant Dubois

Totally agree with you - I meant Dubois

!! Yeah it's way too early for Dubois vs Joyce :D

What do you make of Hayes influence over Joyce? I can see it turning toxic. As a pundit he’s sorely lacking too. Heard Audley once thought he was strangely ok

What do you make of Hayes influence over Joyce? I can see it turning toxic. As a pundit he’s sorely lacking too. Heard Audley once thought he was strangely ok

I have to say, Joyce looked embarrassed last night as Chisora took the piss out of Haye. Haye is not as smart as he thinks he is!

I agree, all bullsh*t with him. I think he can market Joyce well for now but I see that going very sour soon. Haye is trying to do three things at once.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was surprised to see that Joe Joyce is 32. He looks a lot younger, and Haye talks about him as if he is much younger (as opposed to being just a few years younger than himself!). He needs to start making moves quickly.

Advertisement