Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wailin wrote: »
    That's a stunning car, love the colour and the alloys.

I thought all the pics were black & white! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Ha! I can see why I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Lovely A5 but that quilted floor liner would have to go, looks like something from a dodgy whore house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say there is easily a 45k+ asking price on that car.

Probably not fair to say the price on here as it’s down as POA. But you’d want a fair bit with the 45K to buy it so good luck to them with that. You’d be far better of buying a brand new S3 for similar money would hold its value way better as let’s face in general A5s don’t hold their value. It’s two years old and they are knocking minimal money of it.
    tossy wrote: »
    Lovely A5 but that quilted floor liner would have to go, looks like something from a dodgy whore house.

Yes I said it above shocking altogether ruins the inside of the car.

POA can also feck off, put the price up FFS it's not a Lambo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I had an A3 S-Line in Nano Grey in 2017 and just couldn't warm to the colour. Thought it was Daytona Grey to begin with but when I got closer it just doesn't have any sheen to the finish - looks very much like Urano Grey in a VW, which itself looks like they got the undercoat on the car but it never made it to the paint shop for the top coat.

I've got an A5 252ps quattro on the road and the driver loves it. Daytona Grey and fully loaded - 19's, B&O Sound, Pano Roof, Driver assitance pack, pre-sense plus, matrix LED's etc.

CIP4 wrote: »
    .....happy enough with the A4 but if I got a good deal on a car I like I would go for it ............

Given what you have to trade in and how long you have it I can't see you getting a good deal to be fair.
    Now, almost everyone who changes car reckons they get a good deal admittedly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

@CIP4 YOLO....:D:D

I love the quilted floor I once had it in a truck..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Probably not fair to say the price on here as it’s down as POA. But you’d want a fair bit with the 45K to buy it so good luck to them with that. You’d be far better of buying a brand new S3 for similar money would hold its value way better as let’s face in general A5s don’t hold their value. It’s two years old and they are knocking minimal money of it.

Why is it not fair to say the price they quoted?
    I’m guessing it was a 70k car new and they want 50k+ for it now. I’m sure you’re safe to tell us.
    Don’t you love it when car dealers tell you the extras on your car have minimal value when you want to trade in but then price a car with extras way above the standard car when they sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looking at a new car at the moment as we need a second one. Leaning towards the A6. Auto S-Line 2.0TDI as I do a fair bit of driving.

What's a decent mileage one one of these from say 2014/2015 which is about the price range I can afford in. I know they say they are good for 300k km+ but realistically anything say over 150k should I be swerving?

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Given what you have to trade in and how long you have it I can't see you getting a good deal to be fair.
    Now, almost everyone who changes car reckons they get a good deal admittedly :pac:

Good deal but at the same time I am realistic as to what my own is worth. Your never going to walk in to an Audi garage and buy something at a bargain price but at the same time I would only buy something I though was a fair price. I paid what I deem a fair price for my A4 which only had 25K km on it a lot of extras and was 2 years old. The A5 is a nice car but like its not some mad high spec either my A4 has a few extras on it that A5 doesn't have.

I shall keep looking if something comes up that suits great if not I will hold onto my own and possibly just wait for the new model A4/A5 to come out and see what they are like. My A4 is going in for a service tomorrow but really needs very little and is in great condition which takes the pressure of me to get rid of it.

Truckermal wrote: »
    @CIP4 YOLO....:D:D

I love the quilted floor I once had it in a truck..

I must be getting wiser in my old age :pac: Yes thats the problem with the mats.
    carsfan2 wrote: »

Why is it not fair to say the price they quoted?
    I’m guessing it was a 70k car new and they want 50k+ for it now. I’m sure you’re safe to tell us.
    Don’t you love it when car dealers tell you the extras on your car have minimal value when you want to trade in but then price a car with extras way above the standard car when they sell it.

They actually have the price up now 51K. Lovely car but just couldn't see it being worth that money well not to me anyway maybe it is to others. Like you can buy a 191 demo new model 330I M sport for 6K more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I try and resist giving other people buying advice, as really it is each to their own and all that, so do what makes ye happy......but I think your a feckin mad man :pac:

While you still can I'd be buying something more fun. So much to choose from with your budget. Id spend less on purchase price and more on running costs personally. That Audi is a class looking machine, full of tech and no doubt quick enough, but it's still a big lump of a car. Big NA engines will soon be a thing of the past, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I remember when I was looking around at cars about 18 months ago and the A5 sportback was on my shortlist. On pcp the 252 Petrol was way more expensive than the 190 diesel as the gfv was way lower than the cheaper diesel. Go figure that and diesel supposedly not in demand?
    Anyway after a test drive I had no interest. Really is unexceptional to drive. Good looks and nice interior aside it is boring.
    Buy a golf gti if you want to be sensible and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Haven’t time to read the whole thread, but has CIP4 collected his new car yet?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Haven’t time to read the whole thread, but has CIP4 collected his new car yet?

No not yet will take me a few more days to get the man maths over the line on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Life's too short to drive cars you don't enjoy, fair play to you CIP, I know I take the proverbial a bit and others do too but to be honest why not change if you want to.

Everyone is on this forum because they enjoy cars and spend a lot more on them both in terms of money and time than the average joe!

Agreed but CIP4 should scratch the S3 itch imo.

Certainly compared to an A5 for sure.
    If I was considering an Audi (excluding an R8) I'd find it hard to look past anything with the V10 lamborghini derived engine in it. Or a W12 S8. Or something with the TDI V10. An A5 is kindof boring in company with the likes of an S3/S5/S8 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

ELM327 wrote: »
    Certainly compared to an A5 for sure.
    If I was considering an Audi (excluding an R8) I'd find it hard to look past anything with the V10 lamborghini derived engine in it. Or a W12 S8. Or something with the TDI V10. An A5 is kindof boring in company with the likes of an S3/S5/S8 etc

Did they do a W12 S8? Thought they were only V8s & V10s

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Farfromhome02

Like said,defo buy the car you want,everyone has an opinion but once your happy in your own head that's what I think anyway

I'd love a RS6 Avant around 2003/04 with a 4.2 but I'm waiting to win the lotto haha

• Advertisement

Did they do a W12 S8? Thought they were only V8s & V10s

A8 definitely came with the W12, that was what I meant. I think the flagship S8 was with the v10 and no w12 option.

Was in an Audi dealer today to get the A4 serviced. Had a good look around and I still think the A5 is just a lovely looking car especially in S-Line guise. Also really like the new A6 but that’s not available in petrol. A3/S3 I would worry size is an issue I do prefer bigger cars and would fell the A3 would feel cramped inside which is what I didn’t like about the Leon I had.

Plus let’s face it the A3 has the worst interior of all the Audi range as it hasn’t been updated at all and that would bother me. So at this present time it’s still looking like an A5 but not the one I linked as it’s too pricey IMO and I just don’t like the black edition at all prefer the chrome which I know a lot of people don’t like.

In other news A4 got a clean bill of health they just recommended new front tyres which I knew about they are at 3mm. Also got free wipers as part of a deal going on at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Was in an Audi dealer today to get the A4 serviced. Had a good look around and I still think the A5 is just a lovely looking car especially in S-Line guise. Also really like the new A6 but that’s not available in petrol. A3/S3 I would worry size is an issue I do prefer bigger cars and would fell the A3 would feel cramped inside which is what I didn’t like about the Leon I had.

Plus let’s face it the A3 has the worst interior of all the Audi range as it hasn’t been updated at all and that would bother me. So at this present time it’s still looking like an A5 but not the one I linked as it’s too pricey IMO and I just don’t like the black edition at all prefer the chrome which I know a lot of people don’t like.

In other news A4 got a clean bill of health they just recommended new front tyres which I knew about they are at 3mm. Also got free wipers as part of a deal going on at the minute.

If you like the A4 keep it as a daily. You could always get something fun for a weekend car if you wanted - probably a lot less than the cost to change to an A5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

OSI wrote: »
    Old man's Mustang gone over the 100k KM mark just before it's 3rd birthday. Can't say it hasn't been enjoyed :pac:

I’ll bet there was sn’t another one in the country that has been driven as much. There are two near me which I swear are in the same parking spots every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Uk Tax - £230 p.a (€313)

Irish Tax - €750 p.a (£646)

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Uk Tax - £230 p.a (€313)

Lol

And it only sneaks into that category by 1g of CO2, the pre facelift with same engine was in the 1200 odd category

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I'm sure I saw a new A6 TFSI a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Murt102 wrote: »

Yurt Murt. Nice find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Uk Tax - £230 p.a (€313)

Lol

Is it not €570?

https://www.carzone.ie/news/motoringadvice/Motor-and-Road-Tax-Prices-Ireland-2017-1437.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement