Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE The Greatest Royal Rumble Network Special Thread (Spoilers)

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In fairness PTH, it was a 50 man match and it meant nothing. They weren’t taking up any spots and it’s nice to have a surprise or two. I’m an avid NXT fan, have never seen Babtunde so was cool to see him live as he’s usually just on house shows. Nigerian-Polish is an interesting mix too. He’s huge! I’ve seen Dan Matha before, wondering are they gonna give him another shot.

Whatever about Roddy Strong (who looked great btw)... that Sumo guy though, what the actual f*ck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Omackeral wrote: »
    In fairness PTH, it was a 50 man match and it meant nothing. They weren’t taking up any spots and it’s nice to have a surprise or two. I’m an avid NXT fan, have never seen Babtunde so was cool to see him live as he’s usually just on house shows. Nigerian-Polish is an interesting mix too. He’s huge! I’ve seen Dan Matha before, wondering are they gonna give him another shot.

Whatever about Roddy Strong (who looked great btw)... that Sumo guy though, what the actual f*ck!

Here is a WWE.com article hinting at him being a bodyguard type for Nakamura so this may have been a way to introduce him to the audience. Turns out he is only 28, he looked like he was pushing 50!
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/greatest-royal-rumble/article/who-was-greatest-royal-rumble-entrant-hiroki-sumi

While I'm at it here is another WWE.com link to other superstars slagging Titus on Twitter. My favourite is Finlay who calls him Titus World Slide :D
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/greatest-royal-rumble/article/titus-oneil-greatest-royal-rumble-fall-reactions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

working most of the weekend and just got to see this all today, felt like a glorified house show and wasn't that good, best thing was Titus and that was a botch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

Do you think that if one of the Saudi royals wanted to go into the back and start booking the show and calling spots, they would have let him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

montyrebel wrote: »
    working most of the weekend and just got to see this all today, felt like a glorified house show

That’s what it was, as well as some good old Saudi propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

On review, it was not the best; good matches but no progression in anything. Rumble definitely could have been better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Nothing really memorable, but it was cool to watch a live show at a convenient time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

xpletiv wrote:
    On review, it was not the best; good matches but no progression in anything. Rumble definitely could have been better...

Thought the Rumble was very poor. Commentators taking the piss of it after taking a break from saying how great the Saudi's supposedly are.
    The match just reminded people how much bloat is on the roster. Mike Kanellis, the Revival, Mojo Rawley, Primo & the Ascension. They all have been absolutely massive failures since debuting on the main roster. Rey Mysterio looked great imo, as did Roderick Strong in his brief input.
    Bryan giving offense to Viktor & Sin Cara sums up his selfless attitude perfectly. The exchange at the end with Cass & Braun summed up those two men's ability as well :o
    Titus was easily the highlight in all the wrong ways for him.

montyrebel wrote: »
    working most of the weekend and just got to see this all today, felt like a glorified house show and wasn't that good, best thing was Titus and that was a botch

Agree completely. I said a few weeks ago I thought this could just be another house show like all the other "network specials" and that's exactly what it was.

I usually love a Royal Rumble match but I was completely bored watching this one with all the jobbers involved and having to get through 50 entrants. Just wanted it to end.

Surprises were crap as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sami wasn't on the show "out of respect for the local culture" Not his decision apparently.

WWE's statement was;

“WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs and cultural differences around the world.”

That's not nearly going to be as big a deal as it should be.

And shame on me for contributing towards the viewing figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

was kinda thinking they held off giving reigns the win for this to give the saudis something 'special' but now seeing as lesnar probably wont defend again til money in the bank and thats 48 days away putting him past CM Punks reign i wonder will they have a cash in that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

"this is the best I think I've ever seen the Undertaker look in his entire career" - Michael Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched it and I have to say I don't think Hornswoggle was actually eliminated. Justice for 'Swoggle!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE aired an ad which featured women in it. As such, they've been admonished...

Yet the first movie to be shown in the cinema in 35 years is Black Panther which has a lot of strong women in it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yet the first movie to be shown in the cinema in 35 years is Black Panther which has a lot of strong women in it

Yeah, though I'd guess if you saw it, any "sexy lady" scenes were probably censored. I'd guess its not the same cut as we saw over here.

That'd be more editing than a non nude version of Showgirls, which I've actually seen

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://whatculture.com/wwe/ultimate-warrior-yokozuna-apparently-requested-for-wwe-greatest-royal-rumble

Guess someone didn't tell them they would have a very hard time getting both those guys to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

showpony1 wrote: »
    "this is the best I think I've ever seen the Undertaker look in his entire career" - Michael Cole

Has michael Cole suffered from cataracts unknown to anyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has michael Cole suffered from cataracts unknown to anyone ?

it really is sad to watch undertaker now, a 50 year old man hobbling around in mascara and hair dye. they'll regret not ending it with the gear in the ring. still no real explanation as to why he is just back now and has the gear again.

Multiple angles of Titus falling. Posted by the official WWE youtube account!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

cliggg wrote: »
    Multiple angles of Titus falling. Posted by the official WWE youtube account!

Corey's laughing fit is the best thing about this.

Advertisement