Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BuyGameCredit Shutdown Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep. Definitely going to be missed, got a lot of games out of it between using my own and the OH's credit.

Someone else hopefully will see the gap in the market because it seemed Microsoft and Three were pushing the service

https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/promotions/buy-game-credit
    https://forum.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/Buy-Game-Points-using-Mobile-Credit/ba-p/12131

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep. Definitely going to be missed, got a lot of games out of it between using my own and the OH's credit.

I've more games in my Xbox than I'll ever play I'd warrant. Must have over 100 digital games thanks to three.

And don't get me started on the ~1960 in my steam account...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

So, dont know whats going on but it wont let me topup at all
    For any value I click on and go to topup, I get the attached part but when I click on Proceed it does nothing at all
    mcgovern wrote: »
    Can't topup either. Shame as I used to use HMV Game Credit (which is still down), 3 took €50 last month as I forgot to topup for a few hours, so was hoping to spend the rest on credit.

FFS, same. :mad:

More info about Buy Game Credit

"We have some sad news. BuyGameCredit will be shutting down permanently. It will remain open for the next few days but only to redeem BuyGameCredit wallet funds for the next few days, with certain gift cards selling at a discount. After the website shuts down we will reach out to wallet holders to refund accounts via cheque, however if you prefer you can now use up your funds on discounted products.

There are a number of reasons for closing the service, including attacks on the website from cyber fraudsters. We did not come to the decision to close lightly as we did not want to disappoint our customers. However it is the decision we have come to.

We will respond to all support emails before closing off the support function. Please do not send us emails asking if we are really shutting down and can you use your mobile credit with us. We are shutting down.

Thank you all so much for your support of BuyGameCredit over the years.

The BuyGameCredit Team"

https://www.facebook.com/buy.gamecredit/posts/1783223835032989

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Buygamecredit is back up and running (with half price offers), not sure for how long but if you have credit now may be the time to use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Buygamecredit is back up and running (with half price offers), not sure for how long but if you have credit now may be the time to use it

Can't top up my wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

The 50% sale is over now, and no new wallet top ups being processed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I wonder will another site try and do this market or will that be the end of it?

I was able to pay with the pin method up to when i hit my daily limit a few mins ago.. but it looks like it's gone wonky again

Missed out on it, saw someone had issues on twitter

DYKwalBXkAADrHR.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Anything good in the Google play store to use your credit on?
    Can you buy Hearthstone packs or is that a Blizzard redirect?

Missed out on it, saw someone had issues on twitter

[/IMG]

That sucks, I had no problems, got 60 quids worth of psn credit for €30. Only posted after i confirmed it was working. Could be worth keeping an eye on their facebook in case they do something similar today with xbox codes (they're clearing out stock before closing according to them).

Tried firing off a code to 51000 before they shut but no dice.

That sucks, I had no problems, got 60 quids worth of psn credit for €30. Only posted after i confirmed it was working. Could be worth keeping an eye on their facebook in case they do something similar today with xbox codes (they're clearing out stock before closing according to them).

I cant add money to a wallet to buy as many others did. I presume you had money in your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I cant add money to a wallet to buy as many others did. I presume you had money in your wallet.

They are doing "flash sales" on certain products opening up mobile payments when doing so. Set ting up notifications for @buygamecredit on twitter is probably the best way to stay informed of whats on offer atm.

Used my three credit to buy Baldur's gate enhanced edition on the Google play store.
    About 2.70
    I know it's not Xbox related but if anyone has three credit from a recent top up

Also picked up mein kampf for 33 cent

The credit will be used lads don't worry

They are doing "flash sales" on certain products opening up mobile payments when doing so. Set ting up notifications for @buygamecredit on twitter is probably the best way to stay informed of whats on offer atm.

It always said wallet payments only whenever I checked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I've tweeted them to ask if the purchases can only be made with Wallet funds or can we use our phone credit, no answer yet though :(

It always said wallet payments only whenever I checked :(

As I said they have been having flash sales lasting about an hour where mobile payments have been turned on. So far it has only been €20 psn vouchers(first 50% off, second time was 30%) and 90 day PS+ subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

As I said they have been having flash sales lasting about an hour where mobile payments have been turned on. So far it has only been €20 psn vouchers(first 50% off, second time was 30%) and 90 day PS+ subscriptions.

So they have replied to my tweet and confirmed that its only with any credit that you might have in your wallet:

https://twitter.com/BuyGameCredit/status/974332172071993344

• Advertisement

I know that. I had notifications turned on on Twitter and tried to purchase whenevr they tweeted.

Now sniper_samurai you were talking shi7e

Nope, tis them talking shïte, once the flash sale starts they open up sms code payment on the items that are included in the sale. I’m sure you can use wallet funds as well but also sms and credit card.

Nope, tis them talking shïte, once the flash sale starts they open up sms code payment on the items that are included in the sale. I’m sure you can use wallet funds as well but also sms and credit card.

No, tried it for their last sale

No, tried it for their last sale

Sorry to say it but it sounds like you got unlucky. As you can see from the attached screenshots, they were talking credit as payment when i posted that they were back up on Tuesday with 50% off psn. They were also doing it the next day with the 30% off psn.

445815.jpg445816.jpg

Doesn't matter now, they're gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't want to be that guy, but couldn't this whole phone credit thing move to its own thread? For over a week I see this thread bumped up and every damn time its not a bargain, but whole credits topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 callainach

Are there any alternatives to buygamecredit?
    Going by the Facebook/Twitter response to the shutdown it was a wildly popular service - surely there's a gap begging to be filled there?

callainach wrote: »
    Are there any alternatives to buygamecredit?
    Going by the Facebook/Twitter response to the shutdown it was a wildly popular service - surely there's a gap begging to be filled there?

There is in my hoop

Anyone find a good way to spend credit yet?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Anyone find a good way to spend credit yet?

Nope, was going to use my credit on ebooks only to find that the publisher I usually buy books from have now region locked all their books to North America on the Play Store.

Would have saved me a bit of money getting them there and dedrming them than buying from the Kindle store, where they are still available.

Just noticed you can buy Hearthstone packs with your credit if that's any good to anybody

• Advertisement
Advertisement