Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (/pro) [WHYRED][China/Global] ***(Please read first post)***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

corkie wrote: »
    Honorbuy have pre-order listings with prices!

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Official Global Version Smartphone Black
    €207.49 [Compared to Goldway €203.32 + €22.03 DHL shipping.]

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Official Global Version Smartphone Gold

€182.59 [Goldway € 177.91 + €22.03 DHL shipping]

Plus €15 for EU shipping.

Good prices compared to Goldway!

Edit: -

May the 4th be with you!

Just bought. Use KIMOVIL for a €5 discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Any decent cases for these types of phones? Have always spent the money on quality cases for my iphones such as Lifeproof, Otterbox and the usual suspects. Any similar products for these android products. Want it to be drop proof. Going to make the switch as I could really use the dual sim functionality.

looks like the camera is a good improvement over the Note 4. and the snapdragon 636 is all most people would conceivably need.

guy here saying that it's up to S7 level in good light. (not low-light though)
    low-light is still not going to be great but that's the way - only the real flagships from Samsung, Apple, LG and Huawei do well in low-light with their better sensors and high-investment in the camera software side and where CPU power does make a difference for video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muGQvPg_kgE&t=463s

no NFC starting to become a bit of a bugbear though as it gets more useful to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any European stock websites of this yet? I tried the link for honorbuy but it says out of stock, no pre-order option? Many thanks for any help

irishchris wrote: »
    Any European stock websites of this yet? I tried the link for honorbuy but it says out of stock, no pre-order option? Many thanks for any help
    .Note:
    -This smartphone is available for pre-order in EU warehouse, orders placed from 4th May will be sent out on around 15th May 2018.

Just add to cart and pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

south wrote: »

The Global versions are OOS so you can't

Unfortunately it won't let me as says out of stock :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Unfortunately it won't let me as says out of stock :-(

According to a couple of posters on the Xiaomi Reddit thread Hongkong Goldway are shipping the phone this week.They have it at between €208-€234 (depending on colour) including duty free DHL shipping

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-SmartPhone-Snapdragon-636-Octa-Core/311331_32856462704.html?spm=a2g03.12010612.0.0.615367f1VpS2lw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

New pre-orders are up on Honorbuy! With a price increase!
    Note:

-This smartphone is available for pre-order in EU warehouse, orders placed from 8th May will be sent out on around 22rd May 2018.

-Pre order & Get Free Gift: 1 x Tempered film

4gb Now €212.49 + shipping. (was €207.49)
    3gb Now €186.99 + shipping. (was €182.59)

I wonder does the KIMOVIL code for €5 off still work as posted in thread.

On another note: -

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 6GB+64GB Variant Discounted After Mi 6X Launch!
    However, this is some interesting news as it indicates that we may soon see the Redmi Note 5 being offered for way less. Even the 4GB RAM version had its price slashed slightly and is now up for 1,259 yuan instead of 1,399 yuan. (~221). Already, the price tag for the 4GB RAM version on GearBest is pretty affordable at $229 while the 3GB RAM version is offered for $199. We hope to see the price come down some more as it is too close to the pricing of the Snapdagon 660-powered Mi 6X.

Prices might also drop for the global version, so wondering if it is worthwhile to wait?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looking at the spec differences. The MicroSD card slot is a big draw for me on the Redmi 5. Think I'll hold off on that.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Looking at the spec differences. The MicroSD card slot is a big draw for me on the Redmi 5. Think I'll hold off on that.

Is that the device your referring to? Seems to use the same SDCard in sim slot as the note. Did you mean Redmi 6?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Sorry - Redmi Note 5 Pro. Yeah losing a sim slot is not an issue for me. But the ability to have removable storage is a plus.

Bit the bullet and put through my Order with Honorbuy!

Had shipping price incorrect in my previous posts, it is €22 to Ireland!
    It was defaulting to another country!

KIMOVIL coupon €5 off is still valid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Anyone got any news on when the pre-orders are actually going to ship?

basill wrote: »
    Anyone got any news on when the pre-orders are actually going to ship?

From honorbuy? When did you order?

orders placed from 4th May will be sent out on around 15th May 2018.
    orders placed from 8th May will be sent out on around 22rd May 2018.

As quoted in the thread above!

basill wrote: »
    Any decent cases for these types of phones? Have always spent the money on quality cases for my iphones such as Lifeproof, Otterbox and the usual suspects. Any similar products for these android products. Want it to be drop proof. Going to make the switch as I could really use the dual sim functionality.

Just ordered my phone today off honorbuy, plus also placed an order for the case I linked here.

Payed a little extra for shipping on the case so it would not come by slow free post.

My order has been shipped! Honourbuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm still waiting on my Son's phone to ship...
    Unfortunately he ordered Blue and HK Goldway are waiting on Restock, they did offer to swap colours in fairness.

Much better experience than Gearbest.

DHL just texted to say it should be delivered tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it until after the weekend.

DHL just texted to say it should be delivered tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it until after the weekend.

That is certainly prompt service!

Also see they stop offering the free gift on the 3/32gb version.
    Also estimated delivery times are different on the storage/ram versions, because they have 3/32gb in stock, where the 4/64gb is pre-order.

• Advertisement

My order has been shipped! Honourbuy.

Excellent, let us know how you find it.

Also was this the 3GB or 4gb model?

Excellent, let us know how you find it.

Also was this the 3GB or 4gb model?

4gb model. I placed the order on the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Are we 100% these include band 20. Weren't HonourBuy infamous for sending dodgy phones in the past?

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Are we 100% these include band 20. Weren't HonourBuy infamous for sending dodgy phones in the past?

Who knows the in the past maybe. But yeah these are the global variant with band 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gearbest?

Coming/Launching in Xiaomi Spain on May 17th!

https://twitter.com/XiaomiEspana/status/994906214353047552

Translated: -

" The wait was worth it. We present the desired # RedmiNote5 ! All the details next Thursday, May 17 at https://bit.ly/2I8thaQ "

Possibly to be available on Amazon.es xiaomi, on or after that date, for people weary of other reseller options.

Was it delivered to you today?

The store has been getting favorable mentions and feedback on the main Chinese devices thread. That is why I decided to mention them in the op and also place an order myself. Trustpilot has some bad reviews, but that is because people with a bad experience are more vocal than positive feedback.

Still with the courier is the last update I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I hope you's get on good, as soon as you's are happy I'll bite. I had a bad experience with Hong Kong Goldway before leaving me reluctant to purchase phones.

IMG_20180511_185103.jpg

IMG_20180511_193619.jpg

IMG_20180511_193738.jpg

IMG_20180511_193759.jpg

Just to point out,this didn't come with an adapter for the two pin power plug.

• Advertisement

Just to point out,this didn't come with an adapter for the two pin power plug.

The specs on the order page " Original Xiaomi EU Charger ".

The adapter that came from aliexpress with my kenzo, was a piece crap without a fuse in it.

And the china plug that came with the phone had exposed metal pins.

Never used the supplied charger with the device.

The EU plug can be used here, if you stick a match/screwdriver in the earth socket. Or get a fuse adapter like this somewhere : - http://www.freetv.ie/plug-adapter/

What is your MIUI Version (Settings - About Phone) report the full string.

Check for a vendor/reseller rom.

Have you also tested LTE Bands Supported by the device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.master.ltecellinfo

^^^ Above or similar app.

It had Global Version on the box, but just to put @Stevek101 mind at ease.

Advertisement