Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Ireland Team Talk Thread IX: Grand Slam Champions SEE MOD WARNING POST #1122

  • 12-03-2018 4:13pm
    #1
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Zzippy


    Old thread creaking at the seams. Suggestions for a thread title welcome


«134567335

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 20,282 ✭✭✭✭ Podge_irl


    Grand Slam Champions!

    #ScrewTheMockers


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭ partyjungle


    jm08 wrote:
    The Lions won the 2nd game when POM was dropped.

    That's exactly what I said


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭ partyjungle


    I'm not much of a gambler but I did manage to turn a tenner into 130 and put it on Ireland to win the six nations :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭ Dave_The_Sheep


    I'm not much of a gambler but I did manage to turn a tenner into 130 and put it on Ireland to win the six nations :D

    That's a bit long winded for a thread title, to be honest.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,224 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    Zzippy wrote: »
    Old thread creaking at the seams. Suggestions for a thread title welcome

    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Rob Kearney is the Lizard People
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread X> Jacob Stockdale with a perfectly timed intercept on Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Won't Somebody Please think of the Print Media
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> This might have been a more straight forward decision had we kept the old thread going an extra week
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Seriously just go back and delete a bunch of posts in the old thread in case we win the slam like
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> 41 Phases


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 irishbucsfan


    I believe that this thread should be closed after 41 posts in honour of that great moment of magic


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Venjur wrote: »
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Rob Kearney is the Lizard People
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread X> Jacob Stockdale with a perfectly timed intercept on Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Won't Somebody Please think of the Print Media
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> This might have been a more straight forward decision had we kept the old thread going an extra week
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Seriously just go back and delete a bunch of posts in the old thread in case we win the slam like
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> 41 Phases
    I like number 6. There has to be at least a weeks worth of posts about Rob Kearney that we can consign to the dustbin of data.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Zzippy


    prawnsambo wrote: »
    I like number 6. There has to be at least a weeks worth of posts about Rob Kearney that we can consign to the dustbin of data.

    Do you realise the howls of indignant rage the mods would get via PM if some posters saw their post count reduced by 90%?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭ connemara man


    Zzippy wrote: »
    Do you realise the howls of indignant rage the mods would get via PM if some posters saw their post count reduced by 90%?

    Yeah I don't need that


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Zzippy wrote: »
    Do you realise the howls of indignant rage the mods would get via PM if some posters saw their post count reduced by 90%?
    Aren't they all banned? :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭ Scythica


    My GF coaches rugby and we've just managed to get 2 tickets at face value through her club. And her folks live near Twickenham.... her name may as well be Carlsberg right now


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭ aloooof


    Venjur wrote: »
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Rob Kearney is the Lizard People
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread X> Jacob Stockdale with a perfectly timed intercept on Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Won't Somebody Please think of the Print Media
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> This might have been a more straight forward decision had we kept the old thread going an extra week
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Seriously just go back and delete a bunch of posts in the old thread in case we win the slam like
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> 41 Phases

    If the ROG/Sexton chat from the other thread makes it into this one, it could end up being:
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> ** MOD WARNING POST #28 **


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭ Burkie1203


    Venjur wrote: »
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Rob Kearney is the Lizard People
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread X> Jacob Stockdale with a perfectly timed intercept on Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Won't Somebody Please think of the Print Media
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> This might have been a more straight forward decision had we kept the old thread going an extra week
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Seriously just go back and delete a bunch of posts in the old thread in case we win the slam like
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> 41 Phases

    The Knives are out for Uncle Joe.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 Jack Kanoff


    Jacob Stockdales Ladder


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,572 ✭✭✭✭ stephen_n


    Zzippy wrote: »
    Do you realise the howls of indignant rage the mods would get via PM if some posters saw their post count reduced by 90%?

    Just take out IBF’s that would free up about 25%, then block his pm’s, sorted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭ jacothelad


    That's a bit long winded for a thread title, to be honest.
    Load of Schmidt.........:D


  • Subscribers Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭ sydthebeat


    Zzippy wrote: »
    Old thread creaking at the seams. Suggestions for a thread title welcome

    for the sake of 5 days, id suggest holding off with a thread title..... ;);)


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭ partyjungle


    I suggest "Ireland Have Won The Grand Slam" so we won't have to change it all next week


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭ connemara man


    Tempt fate we shall not


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭ jacothelad


    Tempt fate we shall not
    no.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭ errlloyd


    One of the things I love about new threads opening is the chance to see what we were talking about when the last thread opened.

    It was 11 months ago. The discussion was focused on the upcoming tour of USA and Japan. There is a picture of James Ryan in the first response. He had never played a professional game, now he has played 12, including 7 tests. He's yet to lose.

    The discussion was negative. Focusing on how disappointed poster's would be if mcfadden, Kearney and Trimble went on the tour to Japan and the USA. None of those players travelled. There was hardly any talk in the first few pages of uncapped Jacob Stockdale. In the 11 months since he's scored more test tries than Simon Zebo or Gordon D'Arcy.

    Jordan Larmour was also out of sight and mind.

    My reflection from reading that first page or two from 11 months ago, is that as a forum we're a lot more cynical than we should be. Tell the posters there that Jacob Stockdale would be an 8 cap ten try test player they'd have laughed. At the same time tell them a year later Ron Kearney would be playing out of his skin and picking up man of the match awards to hold Jordan Larmour out of the side they'd have had you committed.

    Fascinating how things have gone in the last 12 months.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭ aloooof


    errlloyd wrote: »
    One of the things I love about new threads opening is the chance to see what we were talking about when the last thread opened.

    I really hope when you're looking back at this one it'll be with very fond memories of Saturday coming!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    errlloyd wrote: »
    At the same time tell them a year later Ron Kearney would be playing out of his skin and picking up man of the match awards to hold Jordan Larmour out of the side they'd have had you committed.

    Fascinating how things have gone in the last 12 months.
    Fascinating indeed. They probably wouldn't even know who Ron Kearney was. :P


  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭ foxyladyxx


    prawnsambo wrote: »
    Fascinating indeed. They probably wouldn't even know who Ron Kearney was. :P

    haha.. me for one :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭ errlloyd


    Autocorrect is a pain.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 D14Rugby


    Tempt fate we shall not

    so we should cancel the t-shirts and tv ad?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭ swiwi_


    Got in before yeah right.

    Suck on that bro.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    swiwi_ wrote: »
    Got in before yeah right.

    Suck on that bro.
    Boards is a fascinating place. So many little hidden battles. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ Runswithfeet


    Against the Head panel have us winning a tight game on Saturday....hope they are right.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ Runswithfeet


    Against the Head panel have us winning a tight game on Saturday....hope they are right.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement