Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Team Talk Thread IX: Grand Slam Champions SEE MOD WARNING POST #1122

• 12-03-2018 4:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Old thread creaking at the seams. Suggestions for a thread title welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Grand Slam Champions!

#ScrewTheMockers

jm08 wrote:
    The Lions won the 2nd game when POM was dropped.

That's exactly what I said

I'm not much of a gambler but I did manage to turn a tenner into 130 and put it on Ireland to win the six nations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm not much of a gambler but I did manage to turn a tenner into 130 and put it on Ireland to win the six nations :D

That's a bit long winded for a thread title, to be honest.

Zzippy wrote: »

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Rob Kearney is the Lizard People
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread X> Jacob Stockdale with a perfectly timed intercept on Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Won't Somebody Please think of the Print Media
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> This might have been a more straight forward decision had we kept the old thread going an extra week
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Seriously just go back and delete a bunch of posts in the old thread in case we win the slam like
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> 41 Phases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I believe that this thread should be closed after 41 posts in honour of that great moment of magic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Venjur wrote: »
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread X> Jacob Stockdale with a perfectly timed intercept on Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Won't Somebody Please think of the Print Media
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> This might have been a more straight forward decision had we kept the old thread going an extra week
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> Seriously just go back and delete a bunch of posts in the old thread in case we win the slam like
    I like number 6. There has to be at least a weeks worth of posts about Rob Kearney that we can consign to the dustbin of data.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I like number 6. There has to be at least a weeks worth of posts about Rob Kearney that we can consign to the dustbin of data.

Do you realise the howls of indignant rage the mods would get via PM if some posters saw their post count reduced by 90%?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Do you realise the howls of indignant rage the mods would get via PM if some posters saw their post count reduced by 90%?

Yeah I don't need that

Aren't they all banned? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

My GF coaches rugby and we've just managed to get 2 tickets at face value through her club. And her folks live near Twickenham.... her name may as well be Carlsberg right now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

If the ROG/Sexton chat from the other thread makes it into this one, it could end up being:
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX> ** MOD WARNING POST #28 **

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The Knives are out for Uncle Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Jacob Stockdales Ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Just take out IBF’s that would free up about 25%, then block his pm’s, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭jacothelad

That's a bit long winded for a thread title, to be honest.
    Load of Schmidt.........:D

• Subscribers Posts: 40,943 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

for the sake of 5 days, id suggest holding off with a thread title..... ;);)

I suggest "Ireland Have Won The Grand Slam" so we won't have to change it all next week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Tempt fate we shall not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Tempt fate we shall not
    no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

One of the things I love about new threads opening is the chance to see what we were talking about when the last thread opened.

It was 11 months ago. The discussion was focused on the upcoming tour of USA and Japan. There is a picture of James Ryan in the first response. He had never played a professional game, now he has played 12, including 7 tests. He's yet to lose.

The discussion was negative. Focusing on how disappointed poster's would be if mcfadden, Kearney and Trimble went on the tour to Japan and the USA. None of those players travelled. There was hardly any talk in the first few pages of uncapped Jacob Stockdale. In the 11 months since he's scored more test tries than Simon Zebo or Gordon D'Arcy.

Jordan Larmour was also out of sight and mind.

My reflection from reading that first page or two from 11 months ago, is that as a forum we're a lot more cynical than we should be. Tell the posters there that Jacob Stockdale would be an 8 cap ten try test player they'd have laughed. At the same time tell them a year later Ron Kearney would be playing out of his skin and picking up man of the match awards to hold Jordan Larmour out of the side they'd have had you committed.

Fascinating how things have gone in the last 12 months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

errlloyd wrote: »
    One of the things I love about new threads opening is the chance to see what we were talking about when the last thread opened.

I really hope when you're looking back at this one it'll be with very fond memories of Saturday coming!!

errlloyd wrote: »
    At the same time tell them a year later Ron Kearney would be playing out of his skin and picking up man of the match awards to hold Jordan Larmour out of the side they'd have had you committed.

Fascinating how things have gone in the last 12 months.
    Fascinating indeed. They probably wouldn't even know who Ron Kearney was. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Fascinating indeed. They probably wouldn't even know who Ron Kearney was. :P

haha.. me for one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Autocorrect is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Tempt fate we shall not

so we should cancel the t-shirts and tv ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Got in before yeah right.

Suck on that bro.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Got in before yeah right.

Suck on that bro.
    Boards is a fascinating place. So many little hidden battles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Against the Head panel have us winning a tight game on Saturday....hope they are right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Against the Head panel have us winning a tight game on Saturday....hope they are right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement