Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Douvan about to be scratched?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Douvan declared for Queen Mother

You couldn't make this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

I hope Douvan pulls up in it, disgraceful carry on yet again from the 2 biggest pricks in racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Altior would destroy UDS on any ground.

Not in the Ryanair he wouldn't.
    UDS is unbeatable on heavy ground.
    I hope Douvan pulls up in it, disgraceful carry on yet again from the 2 biggest pricks in racing.

What a knob thing to say.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Not in the Ryanair he wouldn't.
    UDS is unbeatable on heavy ground.

What a knob thing to say.

Do elaborate please. Clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Why would you want the horse to be pulled up? Lousy enough on poor aul Douvan. What's he done to deserve it?!

• Advertisement

Why would you want the horse to be pulled up? Lousy enough on poor aul Douvan. What's he done to deserve it?!

Douvan is a horse he won't know he won a champion chase, his connections are a disgrace to horse racing. It's never ending with them, they seem to think their above everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

tbh id usually be highly critical of Willie and co.
    But the Racing Post and Richie Foristal are to blame for this debacle. They completely made **** of the story yesterday.

Douvan is a horse he won't know he won a champion chase, his connections are a disgrace to horse racing. It's never ending with them, they seem to think their above everyone.

If he's pulled up that means the horse is obviously hurt or something went wrong.

If he's pulled up that means the horse is obviously hurt or something went wrong.

Come on mate where did I say I want the horse hurt, you know exactly what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You sound like a drunk down the bookies.

If you don't want to see Douvan and Altior go head to head then you aren't a racing fan.

You don't deserve to watch Cheltenham.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    You sound like a drunk down the bookies.

If you don't want to see Douvan and Altior go head to head then you aren't a racing fan.

You don't deserve to watch Cheltenham.

This isn't about Douvan and Altior going head to head, it's about the nasty taste these connections leave yet again.

Don't deserve to watch Cheltenham, cringe.

Come on mate where did I say I want the horse hurt, you know exactly what I mean.

What other reason would there be for the horse being pulled up though other than being hurt/distressed? I could understand if you'd said you hoped Rich Ricci was hit by a bus and I'd empathise with that. But to hope Douvan is pulled up and take away from an unbelievable race is just in poor taste and unbecoming of a racing fan.

They had to reconsider running Douvan in the Champion Chase after the overnight rain. It's a shame Un de Sceaux isn't joining him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

it's about the nasty taste these connections leave yet again.

Which they are allowed to do...

Purchase yourself a horse and see how you approach it - I'm sure you won't keep any cards to your chest and inform the public/media of your every plan, etc...

Advertisement