Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Douvan about to be scratched?

Options
  • 10-03-2018 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I noticed that he’s been even money to be placed on BetFair.
    However, tonight I notice that he’s being layed but not being backed. Nothing has been put up.

He’s pink boxes are blank, just like UDS who we know if going to run in the RyanAir.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

out to 8 for the champion chase, actually shorter for ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Think it's been mentioned at a preview tonight that Ruby rides Min and Douvan doesn't run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Think it's been mentioned at a preview tonight that Ruby rides Min and Douvan doesn't run.
    Racing Post saying Douvan to Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

He hasn't ran in it yet :D
    But be a good way to.get him back.chasing Un de Sceaux home

Douvan cant be in good nick. Hope UDS buries him. O Connell will not be happy with WPM id imagine.
    Hope Ruby stays on uds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Mr321 wrote: »
    He hasn't ran in it yet :D
    But be a good way to.get him back.chasing Un de Sceaux home

Ruby riding Douvan by all accounts. Wonder what 'knock' UDS will pick up in next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wont run atall i reckon. Prob saying that to increase the price of UDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

UDS possibly to Champion Chase??

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    UDS possibly to Champion Chase??

he should on heavy ground, they already won a ryanair.

• Advertisement

U couldn't make this s**t up
    Douvan a cert NR now id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

aidankkk wrote: »
    he should on heavy ground, they already won a ryanair.

Horse deserves another go at the CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

I hope to see Matt Chapman putting the boot into Mullins and ricci for dodging altior- fat chance

RR more or less confirmed there on RUK that douvan will go Ryanair alright but also crucially said uds stays in Ryanair too and talked up the battle between them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is it bonkers sending Douvan to Ryanair.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is it bonkers sending Douvan to Ryanair.?

I'd prefer him in the Ryanair than not running at all tbf. He'll win if he's anywhere near his beat.

I'd prefer him in the Ryanair than not running at all tbf. He'll win if he's anywhere near his beat.

He wont beat UDS wickla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Douvan is still probably the most interesting conundrum for next week. No idea what to expect from him. Willie and Ricci aren't shy about ruling horses out so the fact they did it initially only to change their mind suggests that he can be competitive. They've lowered (or at least believe they have now) his challenge next week so I wouldn't rule out an oul Willie con job ala Vautour in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I predict Douvan won't run at the festival at all. Yorkhill won't turn up in the Champion hurdle either. Will run in the Ryanair instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I predict Douvan won't run at the festival at all. Yorkhill won't turn up in the Champion hurdle either. Will run in the Ryanair instead.

Yorkhill has been declared for the champion hurdle. Under new rules I don't think he can be declared for another race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

jj mac wrote: »
    Yorkhill has been declared for the champion hurdle. Under new rules I don't think he can be declared for another race

Doesn't apply to non novice Grade 1's.

Anyone watching RR on ATR right now could not even consider backing Douvan. Awful vibes. Would not be atall surprised if it's non runner now.
    Forget Douvan

Anyone watching RR on ATR right now could not even consider backing Douvan. Awful vibes. Would not be atall surprised if it's non runner now.
    Forget Douvan

He's not running at all was my take.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Forget Douvan
    Sick of all this will he run, or won't he run sh1te that goes on with this man. He makes a statement today that Douvan is likely to go in the Ryanair and not the Champion Chase, but that is well after the odds have corrected. The average punter who is betting in these antepost markets is getting stuffed.

Seriously, the rules around multiple entries and final declarations need to be tightened up to stop this nonsense.

Sick of all this will he run, or won't he run sh1te that goes on with this man. He makes a statement today that Douvan is likely to go in the Ryanair and not the Champion Chase, but that is well after the odds have corrected. The average punter who is betting in these antepost markets is getting stuffed.

Seriously, the rules around multiple entries and final declarations need to be tightened up to stop this nonsense.

Anyone backing any horse without nrnb is at fault here . There not machines , at least there is hope we might see him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ante post betting is gone to absolute ****e in the last 5 years. Most bookies won't lay any sort of bet and the prices are absolutely shocking. Added to that they bring in this NRNB bollix in about January. I'd nearly rather they kept all books antepost until at least the 5 day Dec stage.

Haven't had an antepost bet in Cheltenham in about 3-4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

At the end if the day its a sport. RR and WPM are sportsmen. They will place a horse in a race that they think they can win. Asking Douvan to come back after a year and win a champion chase is a massive ask.

Still if the ground is heavy UDS vs Altior would be some battle.

I say there maybe a chance we won't see Douvan until Punchestown.

piplip87 wrote: »
    At the end if the day its a sport. RR and WPM are sportsmen. They will place a horse in a race that they think they can win. Asking Douvan to come back after a year and win a champion chase is a massive ask.

Still if the ground is heavy UDS vs Altior would be some battle.

I say there maybe a chance we won't see Douvan until Punchestown.

Altior would destroy UDS on any ground.

Rich Ricci spent more time talking about Vautour than any of living animals ffs! He blamed the Vautour charade for current nrnb mess. ....

I personally have Douvan in a few nrnb doubles. They just became singles. To be honest that's prob for the best

• Advertisement

Tis like Fair City lads!! Douvan back in CC with Ruby on board. ...

Maybe willie likes making a fool of RR !!!

Advertisement