Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Issue with 2nd hand car from SIMI garage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Had a meeting with a manager today - along with two colleagues of mine who are much more knowledgeable than me about cars!
    They stated that the salesman, who is also the manager of the used cars department, had 'misplaced' my original warranty and decided to create a new one although he couldn't remember what warranty he had given me so he just guessed (A guess that put me in a worse off position, of course)! He also thought it would be ok to sign said warranty on my behalf!
    So, we're near the end of the saga it seems - we've narrowed it down to three options:
    1. Full refund plus compensation for being unable to use the car since March 12th, after returning the replacement car.
    2. They offered to give me a different car of a higher value
    3. Legal route
    We're meeting again on Tuesday - they seem most keen to give me a different car with a 12 month warranty.
    We'll have to see how it all plays out - They definitely thought that as a 20 something year old woman that I'd back down and pay them for the repairs! I'd love to know how many people have been screwed by them over the years! Hopefully they can redeem themselves next week!
    Thanks again for all of ye're input!

Take the car of higher value and get an AA check done on it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The replacement car of higher value never really is of higher value when dealing with a shower like this.
    You would find the choice of replacement they would offer might amount to 2 or 3 of their hardest sold cars with unrealistic values attached to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Take the refund and run

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Wow unbelievable reading this . Don’t understand why you were given a full warranty but only told you had engine and gearbox ?

maybe it was an error and they just gave it the wrong warranty forms .

Anyway they treated you like crap 💩

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Goldengirl120

That isn't a choice at all. Is that what they have actually offered or is that what you feel your demands/options are?

I was opting towards numbers 1 & 3 they suggested 2 - a different car of higher value. I'm waiting until next week to see what they offer otherwise I'll be looking for the refund and comp and if that's not agreed upon it'll be straight to the third option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

For what it's worth I'd be getting a very reliable independent report carried out on the starting issue. And also a bit of advice on whether air con pipe was just normal wear &tear or otherwise.. and a general health check of the car to ensure all will be good for a decent period of time.. I wouldn't advise taking car back to garage just to get an air con pipe repaired/replaced when bigger issues persist...get all sorted in one go

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

2. They offered to give me a different car of a higher value
    they seem most keen to give me a different car with a 12 month warranty.
    What kind of warranty?
    You said that they are a main dealer. Is it a manufacturers warranty (and therefore usable in other franchises)?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I was opting towards numbers 1 & 3 they suggested 2 - a different car of higher value. I'm waiting until next week to see what they offer otherwise I'll be looking for the refund and comp and if that's not agreed upon it'll be straight to the third option.

Thats my question though, they haven't actually offered you that "option one" have they? Their offer was option 2.

It just seemed from your post that they were giving you three options, I just wanted to clarify that it wasn't the case.

Advertisement