Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The lips

They are now openly selling the offer through customer services.

My brother just got signed up, didn't ask for my VF customer number etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The lips wrote: »

Is he a vf customer for mobile or broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Can you ask your brother what product/plan he asked the customer service rep for, as there doesn't seem to be any mention of such a plan on their website. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

purcela wrote: »
    Can you ask your brother what product/plan he asked the customer service rep for, as there doesn't seem to be any mention of such a plan on their website. Thank you.

It's not on the website it's the student deal they give out at college.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Do you have to port to get the deal or can it be new business?

• Advertisement

Porting is required.

I was talking to Saoirse on the 1800 number yesterday and she was calling it the data user plan.

Sir Dosser wrote:
    Is he a vf customer for mobile or broadband?

He is not a current VF customer, I was going to sign him up when I met him as I am a current VF home broadband customer but he went ahead and rang customer services before I met him.

Porting is required.

I was talking to Saoirse on the 1800 number yesterday and she was calling it the data user plan.

Yeah I think I'll port away for a month, nothing to lose really except my time!

Porting is required.

What age is he? Is he a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Just off the phone after talking to around 10 people in 3 different continents.... anyway....

The plan is indeed called the Data User plan - 15GB/unlimited calls/unlimited texts - €20 top up every 28 days.

The sales rep wasn’t aware of the plan but when I gave him the plan name he was able to check with a colleague and confirm it.

It does seem to be a PORTING IN ONLY plan. I had no problem getting it - just gave him my details. SIM card is on the way.

There was no discussion around requiring a home phone / broadband service.

I rang 1800 59 55 95 then pressed 2 for sales and asked for MOBILE SALES TEAM. If you hear any accent other than a Northern Irish one, you are onto the wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just off the phone after talking to around 10 people in 3 different continents.... anyway....

The plan is indeed called the Data User plan - 15GB/unlimited calls/unlimited texts - €20 top up every 28 days.

The sales rep wasn’t aware of the plan but when I gave him the plan name he was able to check with a colleague and confirm it.

It does seem to be a PORTING IN ONLY plan. I had no problem getting it - just gave him my details. SIM card is on the way.

I rang 1800 59 55 95 then pressed 2 for sales and asked for MOBILE SALES TEAM. If you hear any accent other than a Northern Irish one, you are onto the wrong place.
    Should get a free month also,plus an extra 20 GB during the free month,I also spoke to Saoirse who passed me onto her male colleague

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Just to note I did the same thing, SIM card arrived and port never went through. I have been on to them about 6 times, in the shop twice and nobody can get me ported over on the SIM they sent me out. And if I don't use the SIM they sent out they won't give me the deal. I have given up at this stage and not bothered anymore, have thrown the SIM they sent in the bin.

Hopefully you have more luck.

Just to note I did the same thing, SIM card arrived and port never went through. I have been on to them about 6 times, in the shop twice and nobody can get me ported over on the SIM they sent me out. And if I don't use the SIM they sent out they won't give me the deal. I have given up at this stage and not bothered anymore, have thrown the SIM they sent in the bin.

Hopefully you have more luck.

What a dose! Hopefully it will work out better for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Porting is required.

Cheapest way to get another sim to port?
    Tesco or Eir?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Thanks for this, I'm going to try it later today.

Is there any issue with iOS tethering on this? I was reading about it a while back and didn't get a definitive answer.

Also, is that unlimited calls/texts to all networks?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I'm going to try it later today.

Is there any issue with iOS tethering on this? I was reading about it a while back and didn't get a definitive answer.

Also, is that unlimited calls/texts to all networks?

Top up by €20 and then use €15 of that credit to buy the unlimited calls/texts to all networks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You can use the €5 then for Spotify.

Top up by €20 and then use €15 of that credit to buy the unlimited calls/texts to all networks

I wonder if this is the Data User plan or another? There was no mention of keeping the €20 top up when I spoke to the rep yesterday. He said it was 15GB/unlimited calls/unlimited text for €20. I definitely understood from him that the unlimited calls were part of the plan itself.

I wonder if this is the Data User plan or another? There was no mention of keeping the €20 top up when I spoke to the rep yesterday. He said it was 15GB/unlimited calls/unlimited text for €20. I definitely understood from him that the unlimited calls were part of the plan itself.

It was data user they offered me and definitely kept the credit and had to buy the add on.

It was data user they offered me and definitely kept the credit and had to buy the add on.

Great stuff. Hope it hasn’t changed. Would be much better to have the €20 credit, buy the unlimited calls add on and also Spotify!!

• Advertisement

Rang one last time to see if I could get it. They said they had no way to do it for current customers so I told bthem I'd move to eir. I ported over yesterday evening. Port went through in less than 2 hours. Topped up €5 and will try to get this offer today.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Rang one last time to see if I could get it. They said they had no way to do it for current customers so I told bthem I'd move to eir. I ported over yesterday evening. Port went through in less than 2 hours. Topped up €5 and will try to get this offer today.

Very similar to my approach. My VF to Eir port literally took minutes! I was ported before I left the store. My VF SIM will arrive today hopefully. Fingers crossed the port back from Eir to VF will go as smoothly.

Persistence pays off ,,,,,,,, eventually as Manuel used say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

why not stay with Eir? they have 15euro for 6 months offer all unlimited offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭guil

I chanced my arm this morning to sign up through text like the other plans but unfortunately no joy.

I would rather go to eir but I travel around different places every day with work and there's only one day that I have coverage issues. When I was previously with eir I had coverage problems almost daily.

Prefer Vodafone as a network and the spotify is handy.

Prefer Vodafone as a network and the spotify is handy.
    My small fella is delighted with it,after me for Yonks ref Spotify,and weaning the white off apple now, waiting for his android,and yes VF is in my estimation the best out there for call /data quality

guil wrote: »
    I chanced my arm this morning to sign up through text like the other plans but unfortunately no joy.

I would rather go to eir but I travel around different places every day with work and there's only one day that I have coverage issues. When I was previously with eir I had coverage problems almost daily.
    Same ref eir and TM

My VF sim arrived this morning. Called customer care to get the port activated and was told that it will happen automatically over the next 24/48 hours. I was told just wait for the network signal to disappear before changing the sim.

Is that everyone’s experience?

I thought they could push it through manually.

• Advertisement

My VF sim arrived this morning. Called customer care to get the port activated and was told that it will happen automatically over the next 24/48 hours. I was told just wait for the network signal to disappear before changing the sim.

Is that everyone’s experience?

I thought they could push it through manually.

Yeah same as me but the port never went through automatically. They refuse to do it over the phone, say you need to go into a store. But then the store can't use the sim card that you were sent in the post as it doesn't match their "agent code".

Hopefully yours will go through automatically - it's been two weeks and mine hasn't. Others on here have said the port did happen for them after 3-4 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement