Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia/Werewolf World Championships 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

'some of ye' is not you (pter) specifically ;)

Edit: I see it in 'some of them' too (the mu people)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I know but I don't see anyone here not having a laugh with it so just wondering who?

whats 'mtest' and how do i get in there to be moderated on?

sKeith wrote:
    whats 'mtest' and how do i get in there to be moderated on?

I'm not modding you I'm just talking with you.

But anyway it's a secret club where we talk about you.

Pter wrote: »
    I'm not modding you I'm just talking with you.

But anyway it's a secret club where we talk about you.

Really.

I didn't think i was that special tbh!

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    I didn't think i was that special tbh!

Always back yourself sk. :P

Anyway I for one welcome our new MU overlords.

Anyway I for one welcome our new MU overlords.

Who dat? I ain't even voiced my opinion yet on the feedback thread over there, give me a heads up before i put my foot in it.

Ah just in regards to the whole 'this is what good play is' type thing.

I mean it's good of them to have decided that for us all.

I hpoe thats sarcasm, caz i think thats the whole point being put accross, its not good that they have decided that for us all :(

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    I hpoe thats sarcasm, caz i think thats the whole point being put accross, its not good that they have decided that for us all

Yes it was sarcasm.

There are no overlords, I wouldn't welcome them if there were, and I don't like the selection process being based on such subjective terms of what good play is.

Yes it was sarcasm.

There are no overlords, I wouldn't welcome them if there were, and I don't like the selection process being based on such subjective terms of what good play is.

I'm really not good at picking up sarcasm, but your sentence was so so wrong that i thought it must be ... phew... glad i didnt just counter...

Yeah sorry. The overlords thing was another Simpsons reference as well. Not sure it came across.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Necrominus wrote: »
    MP7 picking up so many votes is absolutely baffling.

He was, to be frank - the WORST player in the game.

He derailed the thread constantly with his excessive posting and absolutely having to respond to everything, and then piles of OT nonsense.

His 'analyses' did not find a single wolf.

He did not vote for a single wolf in the game.

I have no earthly idea how anyone considers him a better player than daniaki, who was a Facebook player, coming into a post heavy environment and adapted amazingly.

It's actually sad that some consider MP7's style a better type of player than what Dani had to do to adjust to playing the game.

The jury should be ashamed of themselves, and I've said the same on MU.
    Lol. When you put 2 weeks of effort into a game only to realise 90% of those qualifying are MU regulars.... :rolleyes:

I don't even mind that per se but I love how some players claim to represent a different site when in fact no one has ever heard of them.

Just say you're repping MU, it's blatantly obvious anyways.

It's a good site MU, but no way in hell should 90% of WC and finalists be regular posters on the site... it's left a sour taste in my mouth tbh.
    I hope you see where my issues are coming from, Rikand - it's really not just me being salty about not qualifying. I don't even think I'd be able to put myself through another high pressure, 2 week game like that again had I been selected - it's just I have serious reservations about the selection process and how transparent it is.

I actually don't mind playing on MU... just in shorter phases.

Just gonna cover a couple of posts here under the one quote :)

The thing about MU and regular players that while yes they play on MU, they would also be representing other forums.

Take Monkey for example. He played on 2+2(POG) before there was a Mafia Universe and would possibly be representing POG. So yes, a lot would be regulars on MU, but MU would not exclusively be there home forum.

As for playing a practice game. These guys are werewolf fanatics. They'd crawl over broken glass for a game, anytime, anyplace. A practice game wouldn't have necessarily been a practice game, but more a game for the people who cant wait the agonising 2 days before the start of the main event and needed that itch scratched RIGHT NOW.

As for the selection process, well I cant argue with them on that one at all. The only thing I can think of on MP7 is that if he posted a **** ton then its likely he would have stuck in peoples memories. Someone who posts a lot will be better remembered than someone who posted barely at all. It matters not that their content was worth a ****, their activity wins votes by itself.

not that that is right at all in any shape or form, but its probably why it happened

Rikand wrote: »
    Just gonna cover a couple of posts here under the one quote :)

The thing about MU and regular players that while yes they play on MU, they would also be representing other forums.

Take Monkey for example. He played on 2+2(POG) before there was a Mafia Universe and would possibly be representing POG. So yes, a lot would be regulars on MU, but MU would not exclusively be there home forum.

As for playing a practice game. These guys are werewolf fanatics. They'd crawl over broken glass for a game, anytime, anyplace. A practice game wouldn't have necessarily been a practice game, but more a game for the people who cant wait the agonising 2 days before the start of the main event and needed that itch scratched RIGHT NOW.

As for the selection process, well I cant argue with them on that one at all. The only thing I can think of on MP7 is that if he posted a **** ton then its likely he would have stuck in peoples memories. Someone who posts a lot will be better remembered than someone who posted barely at all. It matters not that their content was worth a ****, their activity wins votes by itself.

not that that is right at all in any shape or form, but its probably why it happened

For me the issue here is that if they play on a home site and on MU, not only do they have 2 opportunities to qualify (through MU or the home site), they also have a leg up because they are familiar with and more likely to adapt to the MU style of playing/winning.

I have only been calling it a practice game because thats what the people on MU in the game thread were calling it, but the point here is to offer it to all entrants, or none. All entrants werent made aware of it, so if it gives an advantage (and apparently playing in MU approved styles is an advantage) it should be offered to all competitors, imo.

I understand what you are saying re: MP7 (as an example), but in my own opinion the player passed over in favour of him was very active on thread and made it to the end game just like he did.

But look, i can see you have a good perspective on both communities, so you probably have a more informed view on this than me! I just know the uproar we would have here if we decided a tournament like they are doing. The lack of transparency works for them, i dont think it would work for us as a community, because transparency after games is often demanded here (and rightly so imo.

Advertisement