Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia/Werewolf World Championships 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Necrominus wrote: »
    No :(

Oh gosh!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lol. When you put 2 weeks of effort into a game only to realise 90% of those qualifying are MU regulars.... :rolleyes:

I don't even mind that per se but I love how some players claim to represent a different site when in fact no one has ever heard of them.

Just say you're repping MU, it's blatantly obvious anyways.

It's a good site MU, but no way in hell should 90% of WC and finalists be regular posters on the site... it's left a sour taste in my mouth tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lol. When you put 2 weeks of effort into a game only to realise 90% of those qualifying are MU regulars.... :rolleyes:

I don't even mind that per se but I love how some players claim to represent a different site when in fact no one has ever heard of them.

Just say you're repping MU, it's blatantly obvious anyways.

It's a good site MU, but no way in hell should 90% of WC and finalists be regular posters on the site... it's left a sour taste in my mouth tbh.

Link to where that was announced?

Thats shocking! Who got through from your game?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    Link to where that was announced?

Thats shocking! Who got through from your game?

Four WCs and two auto finalists.

This post kind of sums up the bias imo:

Apparently there was a 'practice' game prior to the beginning of the championships... have a look at the player list who went through from it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    -Beru
    -Cuth
    -Mp7
    -Monkey
    -Psycho
    -Myc
    -Fable
    -Dich
    -Supreme

All played practice game!!!

Here's the thread where WCs were announced.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16241-Season-5-The-Ultimate-Showdown/page29

Four WCs and two auto finalists.

This post kind of sums up the bias imo:

Apparently there was a 'practice' game prior to the beginning of the championships... have a look at the player list who went through from it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's the thread where WCs were announced.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16241-Season-5-The-Ultimate-Showdown/page29

What are the metrics by which the wild cards are picked?

• Advertisement

What are the metrics by which the wild cards are picked?

The jury comprised of the players from last seasons final pick them. I dunno, this idea of a practice game imo is completely unfair to non regular MU players.

Also the fact that daniaki was omitted imo is very poor form. Miles better player than beruru or MP7.

Just my opinion.

Don't want others to think I'm salty, I genuinely don't mind not going through, but it's not encouraging me to play there again given all the regulars have a leg up on other communities with the practice game.

Necrominus wrote:
    Don't want others to think I'm salty, I genuinely don't mind not going through, but it's not encouraging me to play there again given all the regulars have a leg up on other communities with the practice game.

I would agree with your assessment having followed your game.

Didn't think beruru or mp7 did fantastically beyond what Dani or you did.

If there aren't objective judging factors then it's just an in club to cheer on who you know and like.

Which is natural. Like we cheered you on as we know you. But that's no way to pick who played best. Only to pick who you like.

MP7 picking up so many votes is absolutely baffling.

He was, to be frank - the WORST player in the game.

He derailed the thread constantly with his excessive posting and absolutely having to respond to everything, and then piles of OT nonsense.

His 'analyses' did not find a single wolf.

He did not vote for a single wolf in the game.

I have no earthly idea how anyone considers him a better player than daniaki, who was a Facebook player, coming into a post heavy environment and adapted amazingly.

It's actually sad that some consider MP7's style a better type of player than what Dani had to do to adjust to playing the game.

The jury should be ashamed of themselves, and I've said the same on MU.

Necrominus wrote:
    The jury should be ashamed of themselves, and I've said the same on MU.

Can I have that link please :D

Can I have that link please :D

Lol. Same thread above. There's a mention of Thierry Henry in my comment :pac:

• Advertisement

Right for those not following the thread in MU, a summary.

The selection process for who goes through to the next round isnt terribly clear or transparent.

A lot of regular MU players are going through with a smaller proportion of non-MU regulars not going through.

Very few people on MU seem to think this is an issue with this.

That's pretty much it as far as I can see.

Great craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just caught up on that thread, it's bizarre! Whatever about the practice games the selection criteria is openly broken. Anon games are the only way to go tbh but they won't do that. Spec chat sounds vicious, haven't even looked at that but based on what I've read there, I dont think they'll get as many sign ups next year as this year

Link to that spec chat?

Link to that spec chat?

There's a link to the MU server in each game thread and then you need to request spec chat access

Necrominus wrote:
    There's a link to the MU server in each game thread and then you need to request spec chat access

Feck that so

455482.jpg

I may have posted that on MU... couldn't resist :pac:

There goes our 2019 invite :)

If ever there was a time for this gif...

tenor.gif?itemid=8270819

Thingyman, if you read this, I speak for myself as a player when I say I wouldn't be hugely keen on the criteria that are being used to decide who progresses.

The tournament is an amazing achievement and no-one will please everyone all the time, but I know we always look to be transparent in our games and decisions, which is perhaps why this lack of transparency doesn't feel good to myself or others who have posted here.

Tournament is a massive achievement and is successful based off the growing numbers each year, but it wouldn't be for me, personally, if I was ever even good enough to be asked to play :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,343 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'll represent us next year lads. I'm a hall of fame 2+2er and MU player. I'm your shoe in of the week!

nflSHOE.jpg

Seriously though pter, that Simpsons captcha was amazing

Lol not joking I used the shoe in of the week joke several times on our discord chat for this tournament.

EDIT: No wait I did lock of the week :pac:

Rikand wrote: »
    I'll represent us next year lads. I'm a hall of fame 2+2er and MU player. I'm your shoe in of the week!

nflSHOE.jpg

Seriously though pter, that Simpsons captcha was amazing

I hope you see where my issues are coming from, Rikand - it's really not just me being salty about not qualifying. I don't even think I'd be able to put myself through another high pressure, 2 week game like that again had I been selected - it's just I have serious reservations about the selection process and how transparent it is.

I actually don't mind playing on MU... just in shorter phases.

Cliffs?

Also why might we not get invited back :D thought that would happen last year too with all the messing

Cliffs?

Also why might we not get invited back :D thought that would happen last year too with all the messing

This basically sums it up tbh:
    Right for those not following the thread in MU, a summary.

The selection process for who goes through to the next round isnt terribly clear or transparent.

A lot of regular MU players are going through with a smaller proportion of non-MU regulars not going through.

Very few people on MU seem to think this is an issue with this.

That's pretty much it as far as I can see.

Great craic altogether.

Since then I've been accused of throwing a tantrum on thread for daring to question that those going through are people who post in the MU style, which is considered 'the right way to play Mafia'.

So I posted the meme :pac:

Ah we might get an invite as a community.

Necro......not so much :D

Ah we might get an invite as a community.

Necro......not so much :D

I shall accept this role as my new place in the community...

ShamefulBlankArieltoucan.gif

*necro kicks over bin like a badass but then feels bad and tidies it up while planning a new fun D&d game*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

why do you some of ye see feedback crititism as something bad? MU either takes the critisism onboard and changes, or brushes it under the rug. either way, necros standing over there should be unchanged due to a bit of feedback given.

the invite will come next year, and everyone who didnt make it into the mu champs final, that is, so all of us can apply.

nobody wont be welcomed back over a little feedback banter.

• Advertisement

I'm having some fun and saying this in jest. Hence the Simpson's thing. Who is looking at feedback as bad? Who is 'some of ye'?

Advertisement