Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema ads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Slydice wrote: »
    seeing this thread reminded me of this:

Now its
    "ALL aroound you"
    I do like those bits

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Only four short ads in my cinema on Friday Evening before the film I saw

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Watched Tomb Raider in Cineworld last night; arrived 15 minutes late, but was still 15 minutes early :p

As I understand it, Cinemas need these ads and ridiculous concession stand prices to survive but this inconvenience towards their customers just means I will only go to the cinema if it happens to be convenient that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's about 15 mins in my local Omniplex in Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭manbitesdog

Whatever it is it's too long. I especially hate the way they sneak in that Aussie shampoo ad after the trailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Whatever it is it's too long. I especially hate the way they sneak in that Aussie shampoo ad after the trailers.

that's gone a while in my odeon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Strewth, mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Went to see Three Bill Boards in Bundoran (century). Got there about 5 minutes after the advertised time, opening credits were starting!

:o

Sligo Imax, is about 10 to 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Went to see pacific rim yesterday about 20 Minutes of ads and trailers

But then as the film starts a family arrive in with 5 or 6 kids they took the bones of 10 minutes to settle in making all sorts of noise and getting up swapping around seats
    completely ruined the start of the film for me

I’d rather sit through 30 minutes of ads then to have people arriving in ruining the start of the film

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Went to see pacific rim yesterday about 20 Minutes of ads and trailers

But then as the film starts a family arrive in with 5 or 6 kids they took the bones of 10 minutes to settle in making all sorts of noise and getting up swapping around seats
    completely ruined the start of the film for me

I’d rather sit through 30 minutes of ads then to have people arriving in ruining the start of the film

I don't think you missed a whole lot anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement