Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are once off mistakes forgivable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Mod Note
    ASISEEIT, Personal Issues is an advice forum where we ask posters to only post offering advice to the OP. Your posts are veering in to general discussion territory. There are many other forums here on Boards.ie for discussion. I'd also remind other posters to not get drawn into conversation and to focus on advising the OP.

Thanks,
    BBoC

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

The way it is with me is can I trust again......... and the answer is I don't know. Am I to live a life where I wonder where she is all the time. I have already decided that I won't and so I have to try and contain my emotions. The truth always comes out regardless, I can now spot the lies a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

To update: I found out today that they are forgivable, but it ended the relationship. Things like this don't happen for no reason.

But a positive note is that a good friendship is still there and that I'm happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pohappiness

moloner4 wrote: »
    <Snip> Do not quote the entire post. Especially when it's immediately preceding your reply

Very dignified response man. Onwards and upwards and I hope happiness finds you as it should and will. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ASISEEIT

Arrival wrote: »
    Have you cheated before or something?

No. But we have all done things but as has been pointed out to me this thread is on cheating and I should stick to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Well done OP the very best of luck to you, the healing process will take time, but real love begins with self

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Thought I'd give this an update.

Tried to stay as friends, but it just wasn't to be. After agreeing to be friends I tried to keep up the friendship strongly, but I got a half arsed attempted on her behalf. My depression reared an ugly head again after a month (mostly likely because of what she did, but who knows) and I asked to see if she could be a friendly voice that I would need. I got told to seek medical help and for me that was to say she had no interest anymore. After that she sent some online message for it to start getting nasty. I knew where it was going and I couldn't bring myself to say horrible things to someone I dated 3 years.

I thought the best course of action, unfortunately, was to break all connections and block her out of my life by just saying goodbye. It broke me in half doing so, but it had to be done.

To answer the question as asked in my op, forgivable but not forgettable.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Tried to stay as friends, but it just wasn't to be. After agreeing to be friends I tried to keep up the friendship strongly, but I got a half arsed attempted on her behalf. My depression reared an ugly head again after a month (mostly likely because of what she did, but who knows) and I asked to see if she could be a friendly voice that I would need. I got told to seek medical help and for me that was to say she had no interest anymore. After that she sent some online message for it to start getting nasty. I knew where it was going and I couldn't bring myself to say horrible things to someone I dated 3 years.

I thought the best course of action, unfortunately, was to break all connections and block her out of my life by just saying goodbye. It broke me in half doing so, but it had to be done.

Your ex is a bitch. Leave her to rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out OP.

It might not be much to hold on to but having the knowledge that you gave friendship a try and put as much effort in as you could will act as closure for you.

You'll never wonder 'what if' on that front and that's pretty valuable. You also took the high road and fair play to you as a lot of people would have been sucked in to that.

It's a lesson learned, a horrible one, but one that'll give you perspective if it ever happens again or she ever comes crawling back.

Best of luck. Things will get better for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Your ex is a bitch. Leave her to rot.

So sad how it took 3 years for him to get a chance to see her true colours. It's horrible how sometimes people seem to just change overnight and become disgusting ***** that we'd never associate with, I wish people came with warnings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Better off without her!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I just wanted to say that you sound like a very thoughtful, sensitive and decent person, OP. She didn't deserve you, and she's proven that now beyond a doubt.

I hope things improve for you soon. Mind yourself.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Clearly didn't deserve you mate, she never made a mistake, she made a choice.

You did the right thing, I know it hurts like hell right now, but in time it'll heal.

And hey, be proud of yourself man, a lot of people stay in the situation instead of getting out of it and that's exactly what you did, it takes a lot of strength and courage to move on after something like that no matter what other people say or try to downplay it.

Keep your chin up dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ASISEEIT

Yes its forgivable. I have a friend who did the same to his then girlfriend. They separated for a bit-which might not be a bad idea for you. Got back together and married. Have two kids

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The OP is right to see it as not forgivable. He is the person in the situation, therefore his reaction is right.

Advertisement