Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LongshotValue at Cheltenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:30
    Ar Mad is a horse I’ve been a fan of for a long time. He has never really got a proper run at a season but I think there is a big run in him and the trainer thinks he has him right now and he will be suited by the ground. 40/1 w/o Altior looks the bet to me as is have him about that price in the normal market.
    1 Point EW 40/1 w/o Altior paddy/betfair

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

aidankkk wrote: »
    4:10
    I’m possibly losing the plot here but I fancied Chic Name earlier this week at 50/1 and im not about to be put off not at 150/1. He looks a dour stayer and although I know nothing about his preparation for this race, his trainer is as shrewd as it gets and I’m hoping he’s not here for a spin. Chic name has very good form on heavy ground and feck it I’ll have to have a bet now that he is such a huge price. Ill actually go with 100/1 with Cause of Causes here as he is a certainty to get in the places and 4 might be important here.
    1 Point EW 100/1 ew w/o Cause of Causes Paddy/Betfair
    Ran a cracking race and looked good for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Keano wrote: »
    Ran a cracking race and looked good for a while!

Did it place?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did place.
    not with every bookie, bet365 here, absolutely sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

I’m possibly losing the plot here but I fancied Chic Name earlier this week at 50/1 and im not about to be put off not at 150/1. He looks a dour stayer and although I know nothing about his preparation for this race, his trainer is as shrewd as it gets and I’m hoping he’s not here for a spin. Chic name has very good form on heavy ground and feck it I’ll have to have a bet now that he is such a huge price. Ill actually go with 100/1 with Cause of Causes here as he is a certainty to get in the places and 4 might be important here.
    1 Point EW 100/1 ew w/o Cause of Causes Paddy/Betfair

Wow aidan gave us a good run for the money there. Unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

PP were only paying 3 places though

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Unlucky. Great shout though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

ShaneU wrote: »
    Did place.
    not with every bookie, bet365 here,  absolutely sick.
    Snap. Just caught on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ShaneU wrote: »
    not with every bookie, bet365 here, absolutely sick.

No bookie paid on 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

NATLOR wrote: »
    No bookie paid on 5 places

it was a Non Hcap so it would take a generous bookie to pay. very enjoyable race he ran a stormer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭goldenboots

Super tipping again for a horse at such a huge price. Gutted when I saw he was nabbed for fourth

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Blud

170 people online in the horse racing forum, all waiting for Aidan... now annoyed at me.

Hi guys

Ryanair Chase 2:50
    Cue Card will have more or less his ideal conditions here and I think Un Des Seaux will struggle to stay on this ground. 6/1 is what looks a 2 horse race to me is massive value. If he can run to the same standard as his last race he wins.
    3 Points win 6/1 365 /10bet 11/2 elsewhere
    Traffic Fuide has been on my mind for this for ages and even though id prefer better ground, I think he has fair bit in hand from his mark. He caught my eye last time out in the Cue Card race which was the best chase this year . 28/1 is great value
    2 Points EW 28/1 5 places Lads/hills/coral/boyles
    I’m also going to go with Splash of Ginge who won for us at a huge price in basically the same race earlier this year on the same ground and is only 3lbs higher with bottom weight.
    1 Points ew 33/1 5 places 365/paddy/lads and others                                                                                                    
    3:10
    The New One has great form on soft ground and I think he will not know he has been in a race until near the end as they will be going slow enough here. He stays superbly in this ground and just isn’t 16/1 shot.
    2 Points win 16/1 Generally
    5:30
    The Young Master has been on my mind for months for this and he is on a great mark . Although soft ground probably isn’t ideal he will go on it and it should slow the race down which will help him. I think he will stay on past most of these at the end, He caught the eye behind Fountains Windfall at Ascot jumping left all the time and if he can reproduce that run of this mark going lefthanded  he will be right in the firing line at the finish.
    2 Points win 16/1 Generally

2:10
    Whataknight on the face of it runs better on good ground, but he has one piece of form on soft that impresses me when I watch the replay. He was a hardworking 2nd at Doncaster after fighting of a number of other horses. That was off 6 lbs higher and of this mark and after a break I wouldn’t be surprised if he ran well here at a huge price.
    1 Point EW 66/1 5 places ¼ place 365/lads/coral

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Whataknight on the face of it runs better on good ground, but he has one piece of form on soft that impresses me when I watch the replay. He was a hardworking 2nd at Doncaster after fighting of a number of other horses. That was off 6 lbs higher and of this mark and after a break I wouldn’t be surprised if he ran well here at a huge price.
    1 Point EW 66/1 5 places ¼ place 365/lads/coral

Did this get 6th? Seemed to from commentators but Paddy who were paying 6 places have it as a loss for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Paddy paid for me.

Will give it some time and see if it's corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

PP have it marked as [L] on my on-line receipt currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Did this get 6th? Seemed to from commentators but Paddy who were paying 6 places have it as a loss for me.

No 7th, 6th at the last but was overtaken for 6th just before the line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Thought it came 7th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

A Great View came 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Absolutely incredible shout with splash of ginge. What a ride

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Splash Of Ginge so close there...

After a week of mostly hitting the post or bombing out I’m back with a huge priced one here as a get out of jail card. Sternrubin has a good record in these types of races having been 3rd in this before. He has a few wins on the flat in the last year and started reasonably well over fences. Most of all he has an exceptional record fresh and hasn’t run since November. All this adds up to a huge chance and 50/1 with 6 places seems a massive price.
    2 Points EW 6 places paddy / 5 places  ¼ 365 and 50/1 generally
    I’m also going for Mohaayed at a decent looking price. He ran well in this last year looked good against the Champion Hurdle winner on soft ground on his last run and I’m somewhat surprised he is such a big price here.
    1 Point EW 33/1 6 places paddy
    2:50
    Fabulous Saga beat the pertempts winner on heavy ground earlier this year and is about the most experienced horse in this race. He was poor last time out but that is reflected in his price here and if he gets back to form he could well get involved here at a huge price
    1 Point EW 33/1 4 places betfair/paddy/hills .

Ive had Unioniste on my mind for this all year, but with the soft ground he has an even better chance. Ive missed the 20/1 this morning so we’ll go win only. His negative is probably the jockey who isn’t in the top 10, but im hopeful that the horse will go from the front and stay there in this ground.
    1 Point win 16/1 Generally

Gold Cup
    We already have a bet at 1 pt EW at 33/1 on Djakadam and as he is one of my bigger opinions of the festival we will go in again at 28/1 with 4 places . His form this year is not a lot different than last year and some of last year placed horses aren’t running this year. 28/1 with 4 places is value again.
    1 Point EW 28/1 4 places ¼ 365

5:30
    This race is an old horses benefit  a lot of the time which doesn’t seem to make sense seen as it’s the quickest 2 miles handicap all year. Last year Bright New Dawn ran well but got run out of it at the finish on good ground. He has loads of form on heavy and I think he will be much better suited by it, along with the 6lbs less he has to carry. Thre is a negative in that he has basically not run since November but at 80/1 well take the risk
    1 Point EW 80/1 5 places ¼ odds 365 801/ 5 places 1/5 elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Anybody know if A Great View finished 6th in 2.10 race yesterday? I thought it was 6th and Paddy Powers were paying out 6 places in that race but the girl in the shop advised me this morning there was nothing to be paid out. Any info much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Id be a bit worried you don't know how to get a full result 24 hours after a race :
    https://www.irishracing.com/result?race=Cheltenham-Fri-15th-Mar-2018-2.10&prc=009&prd=201803151410

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Anybody know if A Great View finished 6th in 2.10 race yesterday? I thought it was 6th and Paddy Powers were paying out 6 places in that race but the girl in the shop advised me this morning there was nothing to be paid out. Any info much appreciated

Yes finished 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Great shout

Advertisement