Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheel Wizards

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Alignment is probably fine - had the same issue with a tyre that would go soft over a few weeks - if I left it a while to top it up, it could be down at 20, and it made short work of the inside wall, in the exact same way. Been replaced months and no sign of excessive wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Surely when the wheels are done they will re-track it anyway?

Wouldnt hold my breath on that one!

Why would the re-track it - if the tracking was good, it still would be good. Refurbishing the wheels at worst would only change weight slightly and re-balance all the wheels - anything after that, buck your own goat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

How long does it take for them to refurb a set of wheels?

I dropped mine in on Thursday, and they said they’d be ready by tomorrow (Wednesday).

The guy in Wheel Wizards said the loss in pressure could be due to some corrosion inside the rim, so with refurbed rims & new tyres, we’ll see how it goes.

Incidentally they gave me a set of 18 inch replacement wheels (mine are 17), and yeah, this new set of run flats might be the last set I buy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Can you post a pic of your wheels?

Great advice, many thanks. These are the wheels:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-Genuine-BMW-5-series-style-454-alloy-wheel-F10-F11-6857668-/262795429336

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I dropped mine in on Thursday, and they said they’d be ready by tomorrow (Wednesday).

I envy you...that feeling when you see them sitting there all done ready to go on your car :cool::cool::cool:

I envy you...that feeling when you see them sitting there all done ready to go on your car :cool::cool::cool:

Their just being lacquered now, so ready in about 3 hours!!
    Have my 4 new centre caps here, and the little M Sport stickers are in the post!!

Now for either Smart CPR or Trimtech to fix up a few little marks and dings.

Their just being lacquered now, so ready in about 3 hours!!
    Have my 4 new centre caps here, and the little M Sport stickers are in the post!!

For the ///M stickers, make sure to wipe the little crevice with an alcohol prep pad or similar and apply a small drop of superglue too. They can often come off very easily during washing if this isn't done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

For the ///M stickers, make sure to wipe the little crevice with an alcohol prep pad or similar and apply a small drop of superglue too. They can often come off very easily during washing if this isn't done.

Wouldn't spraying lacquer over them be best?

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Wouldn't spraying lacquer over them be best?

Nope because if they ever do happen to come off they could take a big chunk of lacquer with them plus you apply them yourself normally rather than asking the refurb crowd to do it. Plus after the lacquer layer the wheels are put into the oven to cure the lacquer. This heat would melt the badge.

If you're talking about lacquering them yourself this is also a bad idea because you will see the difference between the refurb finish and the lacquer you apply.

• Advertisement

I am indeed impressed.

Heres how they were

Shocked in fact at how good they look,

Nice :cool:

Next on the list - paint your wheel nuts :D

Nice :cool:

Next on the list - paint your wheel nuts :D

Next is all the fecking scratches and little dings!!

Here she is after a quick wash

Just looking at their site and it transpires that they are now doing diamond cutting :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭MarkN

They have for a while I think.

I’ll never go to another place again they were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Do they sell Alloys new or secondhand ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

aceberg wrote: »
    Do they sell Alloys new or secondhand ???

They don't sell new wheels. I think they've sold some used wheels on occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Does anyone have before and after photos?

yannakis wrote: »
    Does anyone have before and after photos?

This is the last set I had done -

sunflowers.jpg

rs_IMG_2375.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

kdevitt wrote: »
    This is the last set I had done -

http://retrobmw.ie/Images/320i/sunflowers.jpg

The first link is broken - could you share the photo itself?

Fixed now - hosting issue!

• Advertisement
Advertisement