Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Park Problems

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Borderfox wrote: »
    I can confirm a car can be moved quite a distance on biscuit tin lids and some lubricant, added benefit of something to put in your tea afterwards.

Why oh why would you put lubricant in your tea.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

tiger57 wrote: »
    Thanks again to everyone who took the trouble to reply to my original post on this topic and for all the advice. To update everyone:
    (1) The car clamp was removed some days ago, the car park operator say the de-clamp fee was not paid and they suspect it may have been removed illegally. (2) The car has now gone from my space. (3) The Management Agent continue to stand back from the issue, claiming that day to day management of parking is a matter for the car park operator, and that they (the agent) have no authority to remove vehicles. (4) I appealed against the de-clamp fee I was forced to pay (€120) but NCPS rejected that appeal, on the basis that there are signs warning drivers not to park illegally, etc. (5) NCPS say I have the right to appeal their decision to the National Transport Authority within 30 days. (6) I have told the management agent that I am considering placing the entire matter in the hands of my solicitor and that I reserve the right to reduce my next management fee by the €120. (7) I am considering putting a sign on the wall at my space to highlight that it is for the sole use of car reg XX D xxxxx, and I am also thinking of fitting one of those lockable posts to prevent this happening again. (8) Efforts to establish the identity of the offending owner/driver proved fruitless (as I expected) - I had hoped an address would allow me to drop them a note. However, the car tax people did confirm to me -
    without divulging the owners name and address, that the address was not that of the building I live in. (I had thought of a flyer in the mail boxes/on the lift, asking the offender to move the car).
    So that's it. Thanks again for all the advice.

Good to hear it’s been moved, you must have a different set up to our residential underground car park. We don’t have an independent operator; I would advise you to check with your management co before you install a lockable barrier as you may be contravening your head lease and may be ordered to remove it at your own cost and be made to make good any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,702 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good result but the biscuit tin lids would have been so much more fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Good result but the biscuit tin lids would have been so much more fun :D
    Do you have a car? And access to a supplier of biscuit tins?

Advertisement