Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite craft beer bar.....Go!!!

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

feylya wrote: »
    1420 is fantastic - it's a lambic only bar, and they serve some of their beers from hand pumps. Makes for an interesting beer.

Where's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Zaph wrote: »
    Won't make it to Portland, but I'll be in Seattle next month. Anyone been anywhere that I should make a point of visiting?
    Holy Mountain Brewing, Fremont Brewing, Reubens Brews

Brouwers Cafe, Bottleworks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

irish_goat wrote: »
    Where's this?

Griffenfeldsgade 20, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/1420bar/

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

snowblind wrote: »
    Holy Mountain Brewing, Fremont Brewing, Reubens Brews

Brouwers Cafe, Bottleworks

Excellent, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sling12

Metalmans bar Waterford.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Harbour Bar Bray. Had a good selection of craft on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Looks like Bar of the year thinks that Caribou Galway is the best craft beer bar in Ireland.
    http://licensingworld.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018-Winners-BOTYA.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I was only in Caribou briefly once but liked it a lot. My favourite bar in Galway is probably the Salt House though, it's the perfect combo of friendly service, selection and that lovely small cosy pub feeling.

Underdog definitely has the best selection in Dublin, though the Beer Market is probably the nicer craft bar if you're not into the dark basement vibe. I don't really rate P Mac's selection or as a bar, it's almost always way too busy. Cassidys is the nicest out of those bars.

Great shout whoever said the Bartender in Dundalk, definitely one of the nicest in town.

As for cool bars abroad I spent a long afternoon in BeerGeek in Prague and really enjoyed it. Very cool spot with a great selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

As for cool bars abroad I spent a long afternoon in BeerGeek in Prague and really enjoyed it. Very cool spot with a great selection.

The Prague Beer Museum (not actually a museum) is great too. I plonked myself in there for 5 consecutive nights back in January!

The Fat Cat is good as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

Am I wildly optimistic ? Any recommendations for Tralee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

was in Brewery Corner in Kilkenny over the weekend, had a couple of pints of Leann Follain which was fantastic.

Nice set up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Black Sheep, best atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

feylya wrote: »
    Griffenfeldsgade 20, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/1420bar/

I done a couple of shifts for Dennis when he first opened the bar. He done a rush job for MBCC this year, then I helped out for a couple of days so he could get the cellar sorted. That place is a thing of beauty.

I also worked worked in Warpigs mentioned as a favourite earlier in the thread :D

I agree with the negatives about Underdog, but it's still where I go whenever I'm in Dublin. I've enjoyed Against The Grain but never really any of the other Galway Bay bars.

Advertisement