Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT EMMETT VS STEPHENS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Definite illegal knee and likely a couple of illegal elbows too to add insult to injury.

Utterly ridiculous officiating and the result should be overturned to a no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Two illegal elbows followed by an illegal knee which caused Emmett to duck meaning Stephens could get a few free shots in to finish.

Has to be overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Cruz is a bit of a sap at times. He can clearly see the knee connects on the way back down but what does it matter if it connects on the way up or the way down. It's still illegal.

Also his argument that you can't call it an illegal blow if the ref didn't spot it is so childish. Imagine that was how the world operated? Like DC said, if I rob a bank and don't get caught have I not committed a crime??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

The Nal wrote: »
    Two illegal elbows followed by an illegal knee which caused Emmett to duck meaning Stephens could get a few free shots in to finish.

Has to be overturned.

Cormier explains it in the video, which is actually part of the rules, if the opponents head moves during the elbow strikes and puts the back of his head in the line of fire then its not illegal

the knee missed on the upstroke, the downstroke was not a strike. he should not have attempted a knee at that point tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,156 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cormier explains it in the video, which is actually part of the rules, if the opponents head moves during the elbow strikes and puts the back of his head in the line of fire then its not illegal

the knee missed on the upstroke, the downstroke was not a strike. he should not have attempted a knee at that point tho.

Doesn't matter whether he connected on the way up or way down, or that it didn't connect hard. It's an illegal knee.
    Emmet ducking out of the way of the illegal knee directly led to him getting pushed over and finished by the elbows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Cruz is a bit of a sap at times. He can clearly see the knee connects on the way back down but what does it matter if it connects on the way up or the way down. It's still illegal.

Also his argument that you can't call it an illegal blow if the ref didn't spot it is so childish. Imagine that was how the world operated? Like DC said, if I rob a bank and don't get caught have I not committed a crime??

Hes Jeremy Stephens teammate

Advertisement