Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT EMMETT VS STEPHENS

Options
  • 24-02-2018 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭

30hrb09.jpg

Plenty of mma on tonight with this starting at 9.15 and you can switch over
    to bt sports 3 at 9.0 if only to see the baddest man on the planet in action...paddy the baddy pimblett.
    This man is gonna make a statement tonight folks!

onto something a little bit more realistic...
    I'm struggling to call the main event, love stephens and will be rooting for him but the way emmet stood toe to toe with lamas who has a concrete head is something I'd be wary off...still nobody tougher out there than jeremy.

Looking forward to torres andrade, torres a bit underdog her but I give her a better chance than her odds suggest (5/2) smart fighter, very quick and has rarely looked in trouble against anyone.
    I think a pts win is a possiblity here for her.

latifi osp...no idea but I like latifi as a fighter.

perry will no doubt try and take the head off griffin and will imo succeed.

barao has his first fight with att, might see an improvement but I wouldn't back him with stolen money.

think saunders has a good chance at a decent price of beatin jouban also if he gets past the first.

There's a few decent looking scraps overall, card will suprise imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

mailburner wrote: »

The quality of that live stream for the prelims was top notch I have to say.

fight pass pre on now

pm me if you can't watch :P

alvey to take a three round beating here, surely a one sided one
    he's tough though I'll give him that

I hate Sam Alvey and how he's always chewing on that giant gum shield he uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That was a lovely hook, but what was Prachnio doing marching in like that? Got slept.

jaysus that was brainless by ure man, daft altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Sam Alvey is the Hacksaw Jim Duggan of the UFC. Nice KO, but bizarre behaviour from yer man alright.

The UFC seriously need to do something to entice the crowd into venues earlier. We wre on the 5th fight of this card and there are still so many visible empty seats.

come on saunders hang in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The UFC seriously need to do something to entice the crowd into venues earlier. We wre on the 5th fight of this card and there are still so many visible empty seats.

It's a pity really, some of the best fights can be on the prelims.

Jouban all over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

What a performance by Jouban! Wow. That KO was nasty, Saunders going limp.

Savage KO alright. Great work by Jouban from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Shadowboxing from Moroz really :pac:

if you just recently got into this you would find it hard to believe baroa was once a very dominant champ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

What a good fight! That ending has me pumped up! A slugfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Perry is fun to watch, but Jesus he’s so limited for someone who has so much hype behind him.

All he does is load up on power punches and any sort of length or footwork gives him fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Maybe he just didn't have the cardio, but think Perry fought a pretty stupid final round when he needed the KO.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Maybe he just didn't have the cardio, but think Perry fought a pretty stupid final round when he needed the KO.

I thought he fought a smart last round. He was getting picked off in round 1 and 2 when he was the aggressor so he needed to try something different and be the one backing up and entice Griffin on to him. It worked, he caught Griffin with a couple of heavy hits and then Perry switched it up and start marching Griffin down again while he was a bit dazed. I thinked he was gassed in the last 20 seconds or so and just lay against the fence until the bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that was very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Great finish there! Good card so far!
    I thought he fought a smart last round. He was getting picked off in round 1 and 2 when he was the aggressor so he needed to try something different and be the one backing up and entice Griffin on to him. It worked, he caught Griffin with a couple of heavy hits and then Perry switched it up and start marching Griffin down again while he was a bit dazed. I thinked he was gassed in the last 20 seconds or so and just lay against the fence until the bell.

I thought he tried to stand off him and let him come to him in the second as per the advice of his corner, which just didn't work. They seemed to abandon that advice halfway through round 2 and tell him to do the opposite again.

He only really went for it for it for less than a minute in the final round. No point in waiting for Griffin to come at him when Griffin didn't need to. Saying that, it may not have made a difference and he might have been picked off if he really went for it. Easy for me to say he should go for it when I'm not the one getting punched in the face repeatedly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

That was one of those moments in MMA I feel blessed to have witnessed in real time.....AWESOME

I had no idea Jeremy Stephens had such a rough childhood. He's come a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

DJVHtdIW4AAenOA?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads what a fall from grace for barao, usada got him hard.

Good first round between Torres and Andrade.

Good first round between Torres and Andrade.

Solid second round too. This is one of the more enjoyable womens fights I've watched.

BRUTAL....happy for Stephens :) Emmett might be dead tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Stephens has serious power in those hands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Was that not an illegal knee to a downed opponent or is the ruleset different in Florida?

Advertisement