Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G5S Plus

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Kuva wrote: »
    Buy screen on eBay and let them do it?

Or do it yourself- there are plenty of step-by-step You-tube videos showing you how to do it. Formal repair is EUR180 (the crowd up in Sandyford have the Motorola contract for Ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

The SIM tray holder is very badly designed, i use a screw to get it out, works great but I'd imagine it could damage it. how do you guys get it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Or do it yourself- there are plenty of step-by-step You-tube videos showing you how to do it. Formal repair is EUR180 (the crowd up in Sandyford have the Motorola contract for Ireland).

Jaysus, they don't want business so.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Thanks I noticed that but even when I click G5S the title above still shows as "Lenovo Moto G5 Smartphone (5.0 Inch), 16 GB, Android)" though - not Moto G5S - just made me a little uncertain.

Did you order this in the end? I'm having the same come up in the basket for me, want to make sure I get the right phone.

The price is €209 but a little worried that it's giving me a different title similar to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Have not ordered yet as this was putting me off a bit, but I do notice the description on the product page is definitely for the G5S specs, so was going to take a screenshot in case a G5 instead of a G5S arrived. Still making up my mind (and trying to find the finances :o)

• Advertisement

Have not ordered yet as this was putting me off a bit, but I do notice the description on the product page is definitely for the G5S specs, so was going to take a screenshot in case a G5 instead of a G5S arrived. Still making up my mind (and trying to find the finances :o)

Damn, I was hoping you'd be the guinea pig! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Same price on Amazon Italy:
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0744VXT1B/

Do the specs look off on it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Same price on Amazon Italy:
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0744VXT1B/

Do the specs look off on it too?

ordered that phone off amazon italy few weeks ago, great phone very happy with it and delivery was about week and half.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I took delivery of mine today. It has Lenovo written on the box and it has 3 IMEI serial numbers on the box too :confused:

Is the sim card tray designed to take either 1 sim and 1 memory card, or 2 sims and no memory card depending on what you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cormie, if it's the Moto G5S Plus, yes, that's the case.

2 SIM - 0 MEMORY
    1 SIM - 1 MEMORY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Just bought this from ze germanz in the OP , 204e including express delivery , should have Monday.

Happy with that!

cormie wrote: »
    I took delivery of mine today. It has Lenovo written

After looking at some reviews of this Lenovo has actually taken over the production of Moto phones it seems.

I got mine this morning. Very happy with it. Camera is much better than my HTC 825 so I'm more than happy with it.

All seems good so far with the phone. Nothing too fancy but everything I need at a good price that I won't feel too bad getting a new phone in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I bought this phone back in the day after all the recommendations from Boardsies.

Battery is now lasting less than a day and am wondering if it's worth replacing the battery, or where would be best to go for one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I bought this phone back in the day after all the recommendations from Boardsies.

Battery is now lasting less than a day and am wondering if it's worth replacing the battery, or where would be best to go for one?

upgrade to a newer faster model

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

Excuse my boldness, but have you tried a factory reset? (you need to backup all your content beforehand)
    Most of the phones that suffered an OS update in between tend to need a factory reset even once in a while.

Advertisement