Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

I don't know about apartments, but if you're in a house you pay for your own bins. I've never heard of an estate with communal bins. Or a group scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Silv3rHawk1

Ah! I get ya. So you pay maintenance fees along with bins separately yes? Some new estates I’ve viewed you pay a yearly fee & it included bin collections. So I guess that not how it works in Westfield. Like it’s not big deal. Thank you for clearing it up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LB16

Are the apartments near the Grove going for sale or are the social housing does anyone know? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

Social

• Registered Users Posts: 1 natlv78

From speaking to the staff on site it has been sold to a management company same as the apartment block down by the rise.

• Advertisement

Hey everyone! Getting close to getting my keys for Westfield. Got the Kitchen sorted and the tiles. May I ask in regards to the double oven is it gas or electric same goes for the hob? I guess it is all electric. Also, can anyone throw out a suggestion in terms of a good double oven and hob? Black in color if possible?

Cheers guys!

Post edited by Silv3rHawk1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bosche5

Congratulations! We're moving into the Crescent soon enough too. Picking out our kitchen this week. Please keep asking questions we don't know the answer to 😊

Yep, no gas connections at all.

I went for Neff for the oven and the same for an induction hob, they've been great - both black, with silver detailing on the oven. Couldn't tell you the models, but given that was four years ago when I bought them, the same ones might well not be around any more. A lot will depend on your budget, etc. as well.

And to you too! Awh very nice. Picked mine last week. Very exciting. Some nice stuff with Gallagher Kitchens. Although, you will have to pay extra for add on’s eg bigger kitchen island, extra drawers in walk in. I went for the larger island 1.2 to 1.6 & it was €250 along with the extra draws in walk in which are €200. They also said they would install the appliances etc however. I wouldn’t really do that just incase if damage etc.

Have you two been to the tiler yet?

☺️ Of course. I’m new to this too! 😂

Awesome. Even though these days Electricity prices…anyway. I was looking at Neff but ended up kitting out with Bosch stuff through. Got a decent price for everything in Power City too!

In terms of the air to water pump? Can you control it via Alexa, Home Assistant etc? I am planning on using a lot of smart tech and such.

Is there a what’s app group by the way? & if you have any security cameras can you recommend any?

What about showers? Are they included or do you have to get them out independently?

I am aware that the houses are pre wired for VM? But is it possible to get Sky instead? If anyone could answer that one? Like it’s fine either way, I just have a preference 😂

cheers & again thank you for responding!

Post edited by Silv3rHawk1 on

• Advertisement

It's not as if gas prices are much better! :D

The heat pump is automatic, you set the temperature for your hot water tank and the pump just keeps it topped up. I haven't heard of anyone doing anything 'smart' with it, but it might be possible.

Showers were included, but the doors were not. This lad was recommended by a few people for supply and fit (and I used him too, good work): http://www.davisshowerdoors.ie/

I don't think it's possible to get Sky yet. The estate is still in private hands, and apparently VM have an exclusive deal for a few years. That's just the talk, no idea how long or anything.

I don't have any cameras but from walks around the estate, it appears every second house has a Ring-type doorbell camera. But there is a WA group for asking these questions after you move in too. :)

Sorry for only replying back to you now. Thank you for all the information. My kitchen was fitted yesterday & tiles today so I guess it’s not too long now until I get the keys!

& Cheers for that link. I will look into them!

Yeah, I kinda doubted that the pump would be smart per say. However, I’m looking at getting some smart stuff for the house. Rad Vales, Motion Sensors etc.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Was interested in Westfield and got the below info from the Agent:

We have 2 x 4 bed semi detached Castletown houses for sale approx. 142 sq m / 1,529 sq ft from €535,000. These are the last of the houses to be built in Westfield.

Is this is a good deal. How is it Location wise?

It's 100k more than the same house was four years ago (albeit now timber-built rather than brick), but whether it's good deal is up to you and your circumstances and how you view the market, etc. They're well built, well-insulated and good quality in general, though some of the minor parts are lowest bidder I expect (window handles seem to be terrible, for example).

Location is good imo, easy access for M4 for car, Lidl and Amenities sports centre with playground around the corner almost, village isn't really walkable but grand cycle. I think there's post throughout the thread on the same topic, have a read back.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

new Email:

We have 2 x 4 bed semi detached Castletown houses for sale approx. 142 sq m / 1,529 sq ft from €535,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pra4545

Hi All, We booked a house in The Crescent as well. It is good to share messages on this platform. Ours, so far they said the kitchen/ wardrobes are fitted, and painting and plumbing work is in progress now. They are saying all internal work will be completed by next week.

Did anyone hear about Water and Electricity connections, did they say any time frame? Any Idea how long the process will take?

Thanks again for sharing the updates here.

Hi!

I am in the same boat. Kitchen and Tiles are done. Haven’t heard anything post that (I also had to contact the tiler to ask if it’s done - Gallagher kitchens didn’t even let me know they done the kitchen the tiler did which is very annoying) anyway, I’m unsure however, I hope to hear from the Forman soon so I can organise my carpet, floor & appliances to be installed. Please keep me updated if you hear anything as will I to you!

Hello, have you been given any tentative timeline for finishing? November was mentioned to us and I think we would be after you if your kitchen and tiles are done. Not sure how likely November is but we're hopeful...

Post edited by Bosche5 on

Hi! The timeline I was given, in June was Oct/Nov. Not 100% sure if that will be achieved now as the scaffold is still up. But I’m still hopefully all the same.

I still have to get my floor fitted just waiting at the moment so the people can go out a measure at this stage.

Hi, The timeline also depends on Irish water and ESB connection.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any recommendations for tiler and tiles, I feel a bit pricey for a builder' provided tiles from BTW and looking for an outside tiler and tiles. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello everyone! So, I was talking to the Forman & he said he is just waiting on the ESB & Irish Water now and that my house could be ready by next Friday. Super exciting!

I know I’ve asked this question before but does any one use any one except virgin media for broadband? And can we get Sky tv or are we exclusive to Virgin? Their broadband is fine I guess but I’m not a fan of their TV to be honest…

I just went for BTW in Naas (the one which they give you) however, you can look around and Newbridge Tiles and Bathrooms are supposed to be decent all the same.

I heard that Irish water connection takes 16wks, and won't be handover the house until Irish water connection is in place, and there is no definite time frame given by the builder on this. Did anyone of you check with the builder about this?

That's brilliant news. I'm sure you guys are delighted. Congratulations 😊 See you there soon!

Hi, we were told our house is completed internally, and only needs Irish water and ESB connection, but told me there is no definite time frame for these connections. I hope we will get it soon.

Post edited by pra4545 on

Hi, did anyone of you got any news about Irish water connection from builder/foreman ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dorianganessa

The heating is compatible with Tado/Nest thermostats, got the Tado myself (compatible with home assistant too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

best of luck with irish water

not to sound too cynical but there are huge delays with irish water in all new developments across the country and they are not providing timelines either. not buying in westfield but the estate i am buying in has been waiting for IW since august and still no closing dates confirmed.

• Advertisement

Advertisement