Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

DubLad69 wrote: »
    If you can swing it, I would really really advise getting a professional to snag for you.

+1

Not particularly directed at any poster in particular but generally speaking. If you need to ask what you should look for when snagging, it's likely to be a false economy doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maon04

Thank you both!

I considered your suggestions and Im going ahead with a professional :)

Last thing, sorry for being repetitive but, Lets say I just have cosmetic stuff to be fixed, how long could it take? Do they work on it straight away or ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

maon04 wrote: »
    Thank you both!

I considered your suggestions and Im going ahead with a professional :)

Last thing, sorry for being repetitive but, Lets say I just have cosmetic stuff to be fixed, how long could it take? Do they work on it straight away or ...?

I would expect about 3 weeks from Final snag to moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McMahon25

Hi folks,

Can I ask if anyone had issues regarding their address as per Eircode vs what was on their Mortgage Lenders loan offer?

We've received our formal loan offer but the address on it is No. The Rise, Westfield, Easton, Leixlip, Co Kildare. A condition of our loan offer is that our address for Home Insurance matches the loan offer exactly but the insurance companies use Eircode Finder for the address and our house comes up as No. The Rise, Westfield, Naas, Co. Kildare!

Did anyone else have this issue with a discrepancy in their address with Eircode for home insurance or anything else?

Thanks a mill,
    Martin

McMahon25 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can I ask if anyone had issues regarding their address as per Eircode vs what was on their Mortgage Lenders loan offer?

We've received our formal loan offer but the address on it is No. The Rise, Westfield, Easton, Leixlip, Co Kildare. A condition of our loan offer is that our address for Home Insurance matches the loan offer exactly but the insurance companies use Eircode Finder for the address and our house comes up as No. The Rise, Westfield, Naas, Co. Kildare!

Did anyone else have this issue with a discrepancy in their address with Eircode for home insurance or anything else?

Thanks a mill,
    Martin

Hi!
    It took us few times to get the right address as well. Basically you need to get the right person that has patience to find it. We had to ring them and ask them to insert it manually as ours had a weird Eircode as well.

All the luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

McMahon25 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We could only get competitive home insurance with our mortgage provider because the other firms we tried said our Eircode "wasn't in the system", and therefore the price went up a chunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McMahon25

Hi!
    It took us few times to get the right address as well. Basically you need to get the right person that has patience to find it. We had to ring them and ask them to insert it manually as ours had a weird Eircode as well.

All the luck!

Thanks a mill, think I got sorted. Finally found someone willing and or able to manually input the address, so it can actually be done despite what most insurers told me. It was a guy in Cornmarket Insurance Brokers if anyone else finds themselves in a similar position!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 esker075

Hi!

Anyone can tell me their experience with the snag list? Do they give you an specific amount of time to do it, did you find many things to fix, do you recommend to look in specific areas in the house/outside?

Any help will be much appreciated as we will do ours shortly!

Thank you!

One thing I would say is when doing the snag make sure you walk around upstairs and check for squeaky floorboards. A lot of the houses have them now including mine.

esker075 wrote: »
    One thing I would say is when doing the snag make sure you walk around upstairs and check for squeaky floorboards. A lot of the houses have them now including mine.

Oh wow I thought I was going to get squeaky floorboards in a few years but not right away in a brand new house. Good to know. Thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

esker075 wrote: »
    Oh wow I thought I was going to get squeaky floorboards in a few years but not right away in a brand new house. Good to know. Thanks so much!!

Is the solution in this scenario just to add a rake of screws or will the developer actually go in and add screws?

I’m just wondering how subjective “squeaky floorboards” is... I often hear rattles in my car that no one else hears :D:D

• Advertisement

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Is the solution in this scenario just to add a rake of screws or will the developer actually go in and add screws?

I’m just wondering how subjective “squeaky floorboards” is... I often hear rattles in my car that no one else hears :D:D

Hmm yeah I wonder what the builder will do... I live in a shared house currently and the floors are horrible. No way you can sneak in/out the house without anyone knowing... sometimes its so bad that it feels like someone is walking in your room when they pass by 😂

One question actually... (perhaps a question for those who got the 4beds with floors and appliances included...) I was wondering... does anyone knows if they put the floors underneath the island in the kitchen? Or do they go around it? Might sound silly but I got a photo of my kitchen and I was wondering if you can move the island or it stays where it is for ever. In my opinion its a bit close to the back door... maybe its the perspective of the photo!

One question actually... (perhaps a question for those who got the 4beds with floors and appliances included...) I was wondering... does anyone knows if they put the floors underneath the island in the kitchen? Or do they go around it? Might sound silly but I got a photo of my kitchen and I was wondering if you can move the island or it stays where it is for ever. In my opinion its a bit close to the back door... maybe its the perspective of the photo!

I didn't get floors with the house, but it would be way more work to put floors around the island than moving it to one side and flooring underneath it and moving it back.

It's moveable anyway (but heavy obviously), unless you've gotten it wired for sockets?

buffalo wrote: »
    I didn't get floors with the house, but it would be way more work to put floors around the island than moving it to one side and flooring underneath it and moving it back.

It's moveable anyway (but heavy obviously), unless you've gotten it wired for sockets?

I thought so too! But I can see them being a bit lazy and not moving the island to do the floors. I hope Im wrong assuming that! And no, I don't have it wired so should be fine... I just saw the photo and thought.. ugh I wish that island was just a bit further away from the door! So I envisioned myself moving it and having a hole underneath hah

Thank you anyways! :)

Ill buy you a pint down the courtyard if those apartments get permission and don't become social, their intention was to offset the social obligation from further developments in the area and cluid are interested too. Might buy you the pint anyway if it does happen, you'll need it.

Permission refused. Do I still qualify for a pint whenever the pubs re-open?!

Killross have bought the field between Westfield and the roundabout though. They've razed the hedgerow and treeline on the side by the estate, which would've marked the boundary between Easton and Collinstown for the last few hundred years. Looking forward to them applying for a rake of units in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Permission denied but gone to ABP. It would be terrible to see a nice estate destroyed by these social apartments

case 21732

• Registered Users Posts: 8 muraliinformal

I'm looking at the planning permission for the latest construction near the pylon - "The Avenue". It was mentioned that there are 4 x 1-bed maisonettes going to be built. Anyone know are they intended for social/council housing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

They are going to the council

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Anyone know what the latest is with the creche that is due to be built?

It's under construction - first floor currently being built up, to be occupied by Little Harvard. I've heard a September opening date, but I'd expect it to be ready before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Any idea of what age group it will be taking in?

• Advertisement

Nothing definite. I've been told it will by people who've rang head office that it will be ECCE and after-school. Someone also said it would replace the after-school care opposite the Garda Station, but it's a long way from the Green Lane schools to do that, so nothing is certain at the moment.

You could try ring the head office yourself and see if they've any further info.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Silv3rHawk1

Hello everyone! So, firstly I’m from Dublin looking to buy in Westfield. I was at a viewing tonight. Pricey, but seem worth it. I was looking at The Avenue 3 bed semi. May I ask. Is 1gb internet available? Preferably Sky? Or is it just Virgin? Also can people give me the low down on the area? Maintenance fees? What the area is like overall. Positives and negatives really. Oh and can somebody explain the heating system? I know it’s electrical that’s it really 😂. I assume no gas or fuel?

I would greatly appreciate it. I really wanna buy here as the last house I was sale agreed with in Lucan had a drainage issue basically all the drain pipes were incorrect and I would regularly have to use dyno rods to clean them and for the price it went for that was an absolute deal breaker!!

Thank you again everyone!

Estate is VM only for the moment. I don't know about 1gb but probably - I've got 360Mb, works great. House is entirely electrical, comes with an air to water heat pump for the hot water, with rads for central heating.

Developer is maintaining the estate until taking in charge, at which point maintenance fees will be set depending on what needs to be done.

Area is nice, little far from the village but a nice cycle. Castletown House is across the motorway, Louisa Bridge train station is walkable. The R449 is very close, so noisy at times but you get used to it (could be a dealbreaker depending where you are on The Avenue). Maynooth is handy by car, with greenway to be completed in near future. Creche places are tough to get, but I think school places are alright. Local Spar newsagent, pharmacy and Insomnia café within walking distance too.

Neighbours are nice too, in my experience!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond to me and giving a lot of information!

ideally I do wanna stay in Dublin but yeah it’s just not happening and I have absolutely fell in love with the house I’m looking at. It’s great that it has a crèche! How far are petrol stations etc away?

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

It's a nice estate in a nice area only thing is its very much outskirts of the town. But theres nothing in leixlip village really anyway. In fairness I live as far away from my village as you will be and its not an issue.

My fiances sister bought up there, as did one of my friends. Both very impressive houses. Both 3 beds with attics converted.

Maxol in leixlip with a small shop and a larger applegreen which is technically celbridge within 2 or 3 mins drive from you. The celbridge applegreen is actually handier and quicker to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 muraliinformal

Hi there, I would like to know your thoughts/opinions on buying house in celbridge(ardrath) or Leixlip. How is the commute to city center from ardrath, leixlip ? And, primary schools, traffic during peak times ? Is it practically feasible to drive to Louisa train station from ardrath to commute to Connolly ?

Thanks in advance for your time in replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yes, very easy to get from Ardrath to Louisa Bridge Station in the mornings. You won't go near either celbridge or leixlip villages

Happy Friday everyone! So, I’ve put my booking deposit down for a new build @ Westfield which of course is great news for me personally!

Can I ask a few questions

1) Flooring - now it’s not included but has anyone managed to get the builders to put in your flooring when your property was built?

2) Air to Water pump - is it good quality?

3) Maintenance Fee’s - How much yearly?

4) Tiling - How much is the tiling allowance?

5) Area anti social behaviour - What’s the area like & is there any negatives?

If anyone can send any tips my way I would greatly appreciate them.

Thank you everyone!

1) not that I know of, but someone here seemed to have the flooring included so maybe ask the foreman and see how you get on.

2) I don't know much about pumps, but nobody has said it's bad quality and I haven't heard of any failures in the estate.

3) Developer is maintaining the estate until it's complete, so undecided as yet.

4) €5k from what I remember.

5) Few incidents of guys going around trying door handles during the day, but Guards have been very quick to respond once alerted. A couple of bikes stolen from back garden sheds one night, but that's probably par for the course for estates in Greater Dublin Area these days. Nothing particularly bad, but give it 15 years for all the young children to grow up and become teenagers! :D

• Advertisement

Cheers buddy! Can I ask about bin collections & stuff? If there is maintenance fees are the bins included or do you have to source your own?

Advertisement