Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time-traveller' who passed lie detector test gets global attention

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Where's the video of the lie detector test? I just saw a guy on video with a blood pressure monitor cuff on his arm and some graphics and sound effects added in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

My great great great grandson says he never heard of him. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

If he's from the future he can give me the numbers to this week's Euromillions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

jaxxx wrote: »
    If he's from the future he can give me the numbers to this week's Euromillions!

Off hand what were the numbers from last week?

This guy is mental or brazen, but he's unlikely to have randomly memorised the Irish lotto numbers for week beginning 12th of March, 2018. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

There are loads of time travellers on the horse racing forum
    "horse A won't win"
    "horse B wins by a street"
    "even if he starts now he's not winning"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

That is not a proper lie detector test which is in itself nonsesnse. But to do it properly there should be control questions and each questions should be yes or no. google the lie of the lie detector

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

The predictions remind me of the stuff callers would come out with on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. They'd come out with a few that sounded plausible (at the time), plus one or two more fantastical ones to really whet your appetite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

whatever he says has a 50% chance of being right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Stephen Hawking once put an ad in a newspaper inviting time travellers to a party in his house....the previous week. No one attended.

If time travel is theoretically possible, then surely its possible in years to come, even if it takes a thousand years. Then surely someone would travel back to this time? Unless there is an apartheid on the 20th / 21st century....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He said also if you type Google into Google search bar it breaks the tinternet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think he said that Wenger was still in charge at Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did he put up the lotto numbers yet¿¿¿

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Stephen Hawking once put an ad in a newspaper inviting time travellers to a party in his house....the previous week. No one attended.

If time travel is theoretically possible, then surely its possible in years to come, even if it takes a thousand years. Then surely someone would travel back to this time? Unless there is an apartheid on the 20th / 21st century....

Hawking was a dumb smart person. All this exercise proves is that nobody turned up at his party...not that time travel doesnt exist.

So what if the time travellers didnt read his newspaper? What if time travellers only invented time travel well into the future and never came back to the week of the invite.....so didnt know to go to his party?

Or what if time travellers just didnt want to go to his party?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I think he said that Wenger was still in charge at Arsenal.

Man City are going to win the League apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

daheff wrote: »
    Hawking was a dumb smart person.

Really :o:rolleyes: You think he didn't know? :pac: It was a publicity stunt, I think the man that discovered black holes aren't permanent and dissipate due to Hawking :P Radiation knew as much as you about what the limitations of this "experiment".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

So there is hollywood time travel and there is time travel in the altering of how matter or information moves through time.

Time travel forward is possible, we are doing it right now, but for the most part we are all doing it at the same pace.

I think a good example and how to think about it is:
    Mass, time and speed all have an impact on each other.

For example if two people sit on a park bench stationary we can suggest that all energy is being utilised by time and no energy is being spent by speed by both people at the same value.

Lets call the total value 100.

However if one person stands up and started walking some of this energy is transfered to the movement/speed of the object (person).

Speed = 10 for the person now walking which means time = 90
    Person still sitting is still putting 100 to time and 0 to speed.

This causes a time dilation and the perceived time is now different for the two people.

What we are really talking about is the time travel back in time.

The idea that a person or a thing will travel back in time is probably the result of too many movies.

The real question is, would it be possible to transfer information?
    If time travel is possible, it will not be people or flying cars, it will be photons and possible information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

If time traveller was able to come back in time he going to be able to recall events in a clear and concise manner in an informational way that people would not know. Just say he went back to 1856 he probably be able to talk about real people and what happened and take souvenirs. Vague information that you can find out on the internet is a red flag. There is no evidence time travel exists period, at least so far:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭yoke

lie detector test is a load of bull****.

backward time travel as seen in movies - it doesn't make sense to me, unless you can first travel outside the universe. Which in itself doesn't make sense, since the "universe" encompasses "everything".

Then again, a lot of things don't make sense.

Imagine an object moving away from you at the speed of light in one direction. Now imagine a second object also moving directly away from you in the exact opposite direction to the first, also at the speed of light.
    Relative to the second object, you should be moving at the speed of light in the same direction as the first object, and the first object should be moving at twice the speed of light in the same direction as you, thus breaking the speed-of-light limit, right? Apparently not.

Another thought experiment:

Imagine a stiff object 10 billion kilometres in length, floating in space. If you rotated it from it's middle point at the rate of 1 rotation per second, each of the ends should be moving at a speed in excess of 5 billion kilometres per second, breaking the speed of light. Instead, you get a spiral "wet noodle" effect.

If time travel as seen in movies is possible, then it means we never reached the stage to be able to use it.

Advertisement