Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time-traveller' who passed lie detector test gets global attention

Options
  • 16-02-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

AI is set to rule the world and trump gets a second term

As much as I love reading about the future and time travel I doubt the authenticy

Fist 3 points are kinda obvious

Anyone like to weigh in
    Among his predictions is the claim that Google Glass-style robotics will spread across the globe.

Technology will also have developed to the point where it will be able to independently run a home.

Bitcoin will be increasingly popular but pennies and cents will still be in use.

In 2030 he says the US president is a mysterious figure called Ilana Remikee.

He also suggests global warming has caused temperatures in North America to increase while Europe has cooled.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/918692/time-travel-proof-2030-trump-artificial-intelligence-apocalypse-aliens-end-of-the-world

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lie detector tests are hardly fool proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Lie detector tests are hardly fool proof.

I agree . Plus the whole thing sounds propstorius

My question is
    If a real time traveler ever came back
    would anyone believe him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Google couldn't even make Google Glass catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Sin City wrote: »

My question is
    would anyone believe him

If they gave proper predictions near term. That or if they were half cyborg and shot laser out of their eyes... then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

My question is
    would anyone believe him

It's hard to say what kind of proof would be acceptable. If the butterfly effect is strong enough, then his presence in our time might be enough to send ripples out that would change the future and make his predictions useless. Maybe if he had a few examples of amazing technology that was decades ahead of its time, that would be strong evidence. Or, if he brought the time-travel technology with him and made it available to the public, that would be proof.

• Advertisement

Bet if you ask him to predict anything that will happen in the next week or two, he'll go very quiet....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gravelly wrote:
    Bet if you ask him to predict anything that will happen in the next week or two, he'll go very quiet....
    Liverpool & Man City will progress to the quarter finals the Champions League.

Sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Express has at least a few of these sort of stories every day. It's pure click bait along with their "eating this will prevent ...........", "immigrants destroying NHS", "world will end on Tuesday" rubbish. It's essentially a daily version of "Weekly World News" with added racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Surely if he is a time traveler then they are not "predictions"...

Gravelly wrote: »
    As was said if he came back he could alter the past so hes future could be slightly different to our future so hes predictions may never be accurate even if they were true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

My question is
    would anyone believe him

And why don't others come back and stop him revealing all.....

The Express has at least a few of these sort of stories every day. It's pure click bait along with their "eating this will prevent ...........", "immigrants destroying NHS", "world will end on Tuesday" rubbish. It's essentially a daily version of "Weekly World News" with added racism.

Its not just them though

Plenty of other sources are reporting it , Express was just the 1st link I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Surely finding our times Noah, and comparing his DNA to time traveller Noah would be much more a reliable indicator of the veracity of his time travel claim than the psuedo science of polygraphs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

He claims the Donald will get re-elected in 2020, hard to doubt now.

Can't seem to get any odds for lana Remikee POTUS 2030, as he predicted.
    Perhaps because there isn't likely even to be an election that year.

As was said if he came back he could alter the past so hes future could be slightly different to our future so hes predictions may never be accurate even if they were true

That's handy.

"I've got a 22 inch willy"

"Take it out and prove it then"

"I can't, if I take it out in daylight it shrinks to 6 inches"

Riskymove wrote: »

That would assume they know
    perhaps hes a rougue scientist gone back in time to warn us about the future

The end is nigh my friends
    Kiss your loved ones goodbye and await the inevitable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like he's against using the time machine for financial gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Did he happen to mention anything about Cheltenham?

Sounds like he's against using the time machine for financial gain.

Tell that to all the lads gone off to buy cheap bitcoin now that he's said it's a good investment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

In fairness I can see his point. If he tells us too much information about the near future it will disrupt the time continuum. Even the fact we are discussing this now means he's probably caused a ripple and hopefully adjusted the future.

• Advertisement

Still though
    Could be a self fulfilling prophesy

Trump reads or see this on youtube
    says right I can see now from this time traveler I will a second term
    So I will run again in the next election

Still though
    Could be a self fulfilling prophesy

Trump reads or see this on youtube
    says right I can see now from this time traveler I will a second term
    So I will run again in the next election

Causing the mysterious Ilana Remikee to rise up in anger and vow to wrest the presidency from him....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In fairness I can see his point. If he tells us too much information about the near future it will disrupt the time continuum. Even the fact we are discussing this now means he's probably caused a ripple and hopefully adjusted the future.

Or you know, it's a convenient excuse to avoid making predictions that would be quickly be proven wrong.

However he could easily point to natural disasters that would not be affect by what's being talked about.
    Or he could point to new astronomical events or discoveries that would be easy to check and verify.
    Or he could point to some information that couldn't be known now, but could be easily verified, like for an example, the location of a sunken ship which is currently unknown, but is discovered in the future.
    There's tons of ways that he could prove he's a time traveller.

He's not even a particularly good hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Gravelly wrote: »
    Causing the mysterious Ilana Remikee to rise up in anger and vow to wrest the presidency from him....

Think he said she was the granddaughter of MLKing, and would become 'the pres' mid-term of Donald v2's in 2030, at the age of 21. The last thing she probably needs now is a few million unverified twitter follower requests whilst learning about elementary maths, rhymes or dinosaurs names.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

"Ilana Ramikee" is an anagram of "I am a keen liar". Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyhow, sure isn't Donald trump meant to be a time traveller as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Total bollocks

Riskymove wrote: »

robert-patrick-terminator.jpg?w=780

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Total bollocks

Total & Utter Bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Who did the lie detector test, and the guy face is blocked he looks like 16 years old. Hardly had the life experience to be going through the time lol

Advertisement