Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lead /delivery times on new VW Tiguan?

Options
  • 16-02-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Just recently purchased a new Tiguan from VW Joe duffy M50. 
    Unlike in the UK , we cannot track the order progress and have to rely on the sales team. I can leave with that but I am looking for real life experience from anyone who has recently purchased a new VW Tiguan.

Thank you All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Doddles88

I collected my Tiguan from Joe Duffy on the 25th of January. I had ordered it October 23rd, so 13 and a bit weeks. It was ahead of schedule though by around a month. I had originally been given a build week of WW03 and then the estimated 4 weeks of transportation would have brought me close to the end of February but I guess I was lucky. One thing I have learnt from reading others here, VAG can be pretty poor with delivery times. I have heard of DSG Golfs, Kodiaqs, Karoqs, Tiguans and many more taking up to like 18-20 weeks to be delivered. It really is the luck of the draw I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

Right - I was given 10-12 weeks back on 29th of Jan so 13 seem close enough but as you said yo may have been lucky here...
     Also jut spoke to my sales rep - VW system says May delivery - but he is hopeful for an April delivery as planned.
    It will be a very long wait ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

10-14 weeks is the norm.
    My dad collected one about 3 weeks ago. He’d ordered it in late October.

Thank You - 10 to 14 weeks .. is fair.. I hope this wont be more (have seen 6 months + in France)

Hi Doddles88 - going off thread a bit , did you go for LED basic (not DLA) headlights - how are they working - I am reading mixed reviews.. I am guessing coming from old halogen bulb these would be at least as good ,,
    any feedback /pics would be great too.

• Advertisement

Hi Doddles88 - going off thread a bit , did you go for LED basic (not DLA) headlights - how are they working - I am reading mixed reviews.. I am guessing coming from old halogen bulb these would be at least as good ,,
    any feedback /pics would be great too.

The standard LED’s in them are very good. Comparable to xenons / HID’s. Coming from your old halogens, it’s like comparing candle light to floodlights :)

Unless you do an awful lot of night time driving on rural roads, the outlay for the fancier ones are not worth it imo.

@ JoeA3

Thank you - this is re-assuring :-) so definitely a marked improvement from old car then.
    I did not order them as price was too high as we do not drive at night in rural road.
    May I ask how you are finding the car? Anything to watch out for?

@ JoeA3

Thank you - this is re-assuring :-) so definitely a marked improvement from old car then.
    I did not order them as price was too high as we do not drive at night in rural road.
    May I ask how you are finding the car? Anything to watch out for?

Well it’s not mine ;)
    My Dad got one - a Highline DSG 150bhp - about 3/4 weeks ago. He absolutely loves it. They’re a nice and very well kitted out car. More toys in it than he will ever use! I was seriously impressed with the panoramic roof - have you spec’d that? It opens the whole length of the car so it’s quite impressive. Nice subtle LED lighting around its opening too at night. Very classy.
    He’s averaging 42/45mpg so far, and a lot of short trips in that - so far.
    The standard LED lights are very bright and crispy white. You’ll have no concern on that score.
    I’m sure you will love it.

funnily enough - same specs here - Highline DSG 150bhp Atlantic blue with the technology upgrade that includes the sunroof and automatic boot opening and driver safety toys.
    I was not sure if the car was coming with the LED lighting - thank for confirming :-)
    that MPG is not bad at all either - will be a long wait till delivery :-)

Thank you both for your feedback /help so far - one more question, did the car come wot floor mats included or was it extra ?

• Advertisement

Mine came with mats and just under half a tank of Diesel.

Thank you both for your feedback /help so far - one more question, did the car come wot floor mats included or was it extra ?

Full set of OEM Tiguan mats. Make sure they're the proper OEM carpet ones. They have a grey/white stitching on the edge and a small "Tiguan" label on the fronts. Don't let them fob you off with a crap generic set.

Thank you Guys - I will make sure to ask for the proper ones :-)
    Half a tan is ok I guess - I am assuming there wont be any extra free stuff either like shopping/restaurant voucher or similar

Thank you Guys - I will make sure to ask for the proper ones :-)
    Half a tan is ok I guess - I am assuming there wont be any extra free stuff either like shopping/restaurant voucher or similar

You can always ask :p

Tank of fuel (push the miserable feckers for a full tank) and mats... oh, ask them for a boot protector too (its a foam-material mat for the boot floor, great job).

Ask for more and see what happens - will do that for sure ... I am only 4 weeks in the waiting process now ... 
    @ Doddles88 - How has the MPG been so far ?

Ask for more and see what happens - will do that for sure ... I am only 4 weeks in the waiting process now ... 
    @ Doddles88 - How has the MPG been so far ?

MPG was not great at the beginning. First 700km despite my best efforts probably averaged 38mpg, put this down to the engine just needing time to settle in a bit. Since then I am regularly hitting 45/46mpg and on one spin managed to hit 56mpg. I have the car in Eco mode too btw.

That is not so bad given the car size - just a question, for the Eco mode option, did you go with the option itself or was it part of the R-Line ?
    Did you get the progressive steering to ? if so how good is it ? I got both options on mine..

I did not specify the Eco mode option as an optional extra so I assume it comes as standard with the Highline and R-Line added. Same with the progressive steering, I did not specify it and tbh have not noticed it if it is the case I do have it.

Oh - Ok, so do you have a button next to the gear stick to select the driving mode or is this via the Radio/GPS unit?
    I am asking as I had to order this option to choose driving mode option on a High Line finish - sounds like I may not have had to order this extra "button" if you can choose this via the screen...

The button is next to the gear stick. You press it and then choose between Eco, Normal or Sport through the touch screen. Its strange because I never specified it in my extras but it appears to be one. Its not the case that its included in the Tech pack?

• Advertisement

strange - no it is not in the tech pack ...  do you have an R-Line finish ?
    I think his comes as part of that (so does Progressive steering)

@ Doddles88 - just re-read your post - you got R-line so driving profile + progressive steering

about the button - will pressing it more than once not toggle from the different driving profile from eco - to normal to sport and individual ?

Ah ok very good! I didn't think the R-line added anything extra but cosmetic things. 

With the button, when I press it, the 3 driving options present themselves onto the center screen and I touch the one I want to use. I haven't tried to toggle using only the button. Need to see if it works.

Guys - Got a confirmed build week (12) after calling VW Ireland - how long after that was the car ready to pick up ?

Could be anywhere from as little as 10 days to 5/6 weeks. Average would probably be 3-4 weeks. It largely depends on shipping schedules and then once it lands in the country it depends on how arsed NVD (the truck guys) are to get it down to the dealers. Then allow 2 days for the dealer to PDI it, register it, etc.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Could be anywhere from as little as 10 days to 5/6 weeks. Average would probably be 3-4 weeks. It largely depends on shipping schedules and then once it lands in the country it depends on how arsed NVD (the truck guys) are to get it down to the dealers. Then allow 2 days for the dealer to PDI it, register it, etc.

Got it - do you know the name of the shipping boat by any chance ? I guess mid April is when could expect car - best scenario

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MANSFIELD

JoeA3 wrote: »
    It largely depends on shipping schedules and then once it lands in the country it depends on how arsed NVD (the truck guys) are to get it down to the dealers. Then allow 2 days for the dealer to PDI it, register it, etc.
    Still waiting on my VW to arrive into VW dealer . My VW dealer rang me 3 weeks ago to say my car was in Ireland , but it still has not arrived into the VW dealer.

Is it normal for the NVD (the truck guys) to take a few weeks to deliver cars to the car dealer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

MANSFIELD wrote: »
    Still waiting on my VW to arrive into VW dealer . My VW dealer rang me 3 weeks ago to say my car was in Ireland , but it still has not arrived into the VW dealer.

Is it normal for the NVD (the truck guys) to take a few weeks to deliver cars to the car dealer ?

We had some weather last week! Wouldn't usually take that long but i'd imagine there's a big backlog now.

@ MANSFIELD -

Any luck with you car delivery ? Is it at the dealer now ?
    Which one are you using ?

• Advertisement

Ok - I have a very good view on were new Imported Car are stored when getting in Dublin Port - and the NVD Guys are hard at work (have been for a while now)
    Car park was full Yesterday ... :-)

https://ibb.co/jkKwXx

jkKwXx

Advertisement