Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It's got the worst all-round acting of any TV show I've ever watched.. The only reason it works is because of the 80s vibe.

I disagree. I think people confise a cheesy script with nad acting.
    Imo johnny daniel Miguel robby hawk and creese are all excellent actors

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Daniel is not a good actor, he's reading his lines, its horrible. Scenes with him and his whining wife are excruciating. I hate that generic moaning American wife character that pops up in every show these days aswell. I devoured season 1 but 2 is a bit of a damp squib for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thargor wrote: »
    Daniel is not a good actor, he's reading his lines, its horrible. Scenes with him and his whining wife are excruciating. I hate that generic moaning American wife character that pops up in every show these days aswell. I devoured season 1 but 2 is a bit of a damp squib for me.

She's usually spot on, though. Her character didn't come across as flawed to me at all. The son, on the other hand, is a spoilt brat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yeah the wife is a good charachter; she grounds the show in reality and provides some perspective on the importance of a local karate rivalry. I think it works well to rein in the cheese and offsets it very well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Yeah the wife is a good charachter; she grounds the show in reality and provides some perspective on the importance of a local karate rivalry. I think it works well to rein in the cheese and offsets it very well

I loved her line in the restaurant scene where she tells the waitress that they the 2 guys have warring karate dojos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Agreed.

Her real life take counters so much of the cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭larchielads

If someone isnt charged by the cops for the carry on in the last episode and all those kids not get expelled and never be left into another school ill never know

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just started this last week and flew through season 1, loved it. It's cheese but it pulls off the vibe of the original so well that it doesn't matter. Straight into season 2 and i need a Cobra Kai tshirt!

Just finished season 2, holy Jaysus what a final episode and what a finale! This has become my favourite show of the year.

Zabka is brilliant, just has great timing and reactions to the rest of the cast, since excellent underplayed comedy as well. Macchio is cheesy but plays the part really well. The only shooting kid is his son who thankfully isn't in it much. It's refreshing that it's not good vs bad kids, they're all just going through **** and it's not all black and white. Kreese was handled really well and the mannerisms he still has from the films is a nice touch. Hawk has been brilliant and really shone in that last episode.

Lastly Stingray, who the actor also plays a brilliant part in mma show Kingdom. He's part in the final episode was just so good.

I can't wait for season 3, already put in my cobra kai tshirt order with Santa

I guess for season 3...
    Johnny and Daniel team up to take up Kreese. **** knows what way Miguel is gonna be but he's across and character are doing a great job so hope they bounce back. Also, Ali gonna show up to stir up drama??

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just finished season 2, holy Jaysus what a final episode and what a finale! This has become my favourite show of the year.

Zabka is brilliant, just has great timing and reactions to the rest of the cast, since excellent underplayed comedy as well. Macchio is cheesy but plays the part really well. The only shooting kid is his son who thankfully isn't in it much. It's refreshing that it's not good vs bad kids, they're all just going through **** and it's not all black and white. Kreese was handled really well and the mannerisms he still has from the films is a nice touch. Hawk has been brilliant and really shone in that last episode.

Lastly Stingray, who the actor also plays a brilliant part in mma show Kingdom. He's part in the final episode was just so good.

I can't wait for season 3, already put in my cobra kai tshirt order with Santa

I guess for season 3...
    Johnny and Daniel team up to take up Kreese. **** knows what way Miguel is gonna be but he's across and character are doing a great job so hope they bounce back. Also, Ali gonna show up to stir up drama??

Great character. I liked him bringing his girlfriend to his friends house party because their parents were out of town!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 trailer

As much as I want to watch that, I'm gonna hold off. This was my favourite show of 2020 and don't want any spoilers for season 3. Very very tempted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm so excited for season 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Season 3 trailer

who is it that slaps Kreese?
    Russo's wife

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Season 3 trailer

Great, now I can't wait all over again :(

Anyone know what the tune in that trailer is? Sounds brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Damn that looks good. And January is no time away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Anyone know what the tune in that trailer is? Sounds brilliant
    The captions say "forget old acquaintances .. and start the year ... like a total badass".

It's a guitar version of Auld Lang Syne!! :pac:

The captions say "forget old acquaintances .. and start the year ... like a total badass".

It's a guitar version of Auld Lang Syne!! :pac:

Didn't recognise it. Fits in superbly with the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Didn't recognise it. Fits in superbly with the trailer.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can just feel this season will be awesome.

Hologram Miyagi

Anyone confirm if Stingray is in those trailers or if already confirmed he'll be in season 3?

Anyone confirm if Stingray is in those trailers or if already confirmed he'll be in season 3?

I hope not. Pointless awful character.

I hope not. Pointless awful character.

I thought so when he first came into it but became one of my favourites. So many great lines and scenes.

qZY4KA9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Stingray actor is Paul Walter Hauser.
    "Season 3 of Cobra Kai is now in post-production,” Hauser said. “I cannot say whether I’m a part of it or not but what I can say is that here in this season or next season, sometime soon, you’ll probably be seeing me pop up again."

Link to quote
    So I take it that he's not back for the coming season, but is back in the fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just after bingeing this over the past few days. Hands down greatest TV show going these days, can't wait for Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just after bingeing this over the past few days. Hands down greatest TV show going these days, can't wait for Season 3.

It really is so much fun. It's a real binge worthy, switch off the brain and enjoy the fun of it show.

I got my daughter to watch it after making her watch the first movie and even she begrudgingly admitted it was a lot of fun.

Josh Gad is currently streaming a reunited episode with the cast from movies and tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

season 3 has been brought forward to jan 1st on netflix

Advertisement