Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Les Miserables - Dublin 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Saw him in kinky boots on Broadway, thought he was very good but I didn't think he hid his accent particularly well, so hopefully that was an intentional decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Wow wow wow

Saw this tonight. Anyone going won’t be disappointed. Absolutely spectacular

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

meercat wrote: »
    Wow wow wow

Enjoy

Fab! Going over the Christmas - can’t wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

meercat wrote: »
    Wow wow wow

Enjoy

Couldn't agree more. Just back myself, amazing show, would nearly get tickets for a later date to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

How was Kilian Donnelly as Jean valjean. Would be dissapointed to go see it without him as lead and some understudy instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

poteen wrote: »
    How was Kilian Donnelly as Jean valjean. Would be dissapointed to go see it without him as lead and some understudy instead.

Excellent. Powerful presence and voice.

budhabob wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Just back myself, amazing show, would nearly get tickets for a later date to see it again.

Yeah. I’ve already gotten matinee tickets for 28th.
    Looking forward to going again

budhabob wrote: »
    Excellent. Powerful presence and voice.

Agree. He was superb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Amazing production.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Going tonight; looking forward to it.
    Anyone know roughtly what time its over at?

(my mates asking, guessing she needs to arrange public transport home as she's based in Maynooth)

• Advertisement

Auditorium opens 7:10
    Show starts 7:30
    Show finishes 10:30

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Perfect, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Stunning show. I've seen it loads of times before but this tour version beat's 'em all, IMHO.

A must-see.

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Stunning show. I've seen it loads of times before but this tour version beat's 'em all, IMHO.

A must-see.

Totally agree. Outstanding performances by the whole cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I saw the matinee today.
    It was a great production, some outstanding performances, in particular by the male leads.

Highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Went to the matinée today and I thought it was very good. Great and clever production. Javert, Eponine and the young leads were particularly strong.

Felt some of the key numbers didn't quite land but I'm green as grass when it comes to performing art so what do I know! My knowledge of Les Mis goes as far as Alfie Boe and the Hollywood film.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭muttnjeff

Hi hope its OK to post here.

I have one extra ticket for Les Miserables on Thursday night. 27th December as one of our party cannot attend.
    Stalls row BB
    Cost 67.50 euro

single ticket

open to offers by PM

Wow. What a show. Killian Donnelly was just amazing. Total Silence in the auditorium when he sang ‘Bring Him Home’ males leads were brilliant. Powerful stuff. Well done to all involved.

Just back from today’s matinee. I was at an evening show previously. A few cast changes but didn’t detract from a brilliant show yet again. Didn’t realise row c was the front row and I was behind the conductor looking into the pit. Bonus

Sorry we didn’t book a third time

Enjoy anyone that still has to see this

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

Absolutly amazing show..the cast..the singing..the stage itself .Just as good as when I went to see it back in the 90's in The Point.
    However whats the craic with people coughing throughout the show fecking nuisance .It's my first time in this theatre and it's really noticeable right through the whole show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

argentum wrote: »
    Absolutly amazing show..the cast..the singing..the stage itself .Just as good as when I went to see it back in the 90's in The Point.
    However whats the craic with people coughing throughout the show fecking nuisance .It's my first time in this theatre and it's really noticeable right through the whole show

Maybe to do with the air conditioning? I hate it, makes the air very dry and I always make sure to have a bottle of water in my bag in case of coughing fits (after bitter, mortifying experience!)

At least you didn't have the popcorn rustlers sitting behind and in front of you - every single quiet bit, in they dived with abandon. Rustle rustle rustle :mad:

Oh well, only one person took out their mobile phone to check their WhatsApps, lighting up the whole area around them. That's progress (or luck) I suppose.

God, I'm such a grump!!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Maybe to do with the air conditioning? I hate it, makes the air very dry and I always make sure to have a bottle of water in my bag in case of coughing fits (after bitter, mortifying experience!)

At least you didn't have the popcorn rustlers sitting behind and in front of you - every single quiet bit, in they dived with abandon. Rustle rustle rustle :mad:

Oh well, only one person took out their mobile phone to check their WhatsApps, lighting up the whole area around them. That's progress (or luck) I suppose.

God, I'm such a grump!!

I actually felt sorry for the lady 2 seats away who coughed the whole way through Bring Him Home. She tried her best to smother it. I focused firmly on one of the finest renditions of the song I’ve ever heard.

snor wrote: »
    Wow. What a show. Killian Donnelly was just amazing. Total Silence in the auditorium when he sang ‘Bring Him Home’ males leads were brilliant. Powerful stuff. Well done to all involved.

I was sitting beside a man and his partner who never sat still and shut up for the entire show. He kept blowing his nose throughout "bring him home" I was raging. I waited my entire life to see this show and the pair of twats kept giggling and fidgeting through the entire show, they even left twice for smoke breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I was sitting beside a man and his partner who never sat still and shut up for the entire show. He kept blowing his nose throughout "bring him home" I was raging. I waited my entire life to see this show and the pair of twats kept giggling and fidgeting through the entire show, they even left twice for smoke breaks.

Did you ask them to stop, or call the ushers? I've been known to tell people I've paid to hear the professionals singing not them, and have definitely asked people to stop talking before. It usually works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I know it's going to be super hard, but looking for tickets for my parents. Is Killian Donnelly doing all the shows or how do you know when it would be an understudy, some of the matinees? I know whoever doing it would be great too, and if I can only find tickets for that, find, but just would prefer to know.

Caranica wrote: »
    Did you ask them to stop, or call the ushers? I've been known to tell people I've paid to hear the professionals singing not them, and have definitely asked people to stop talking before. It usually works

I did ask them to stop and that I wanted to hear the singer's only, I didn't call the ushers because I was with my mother and she asked me not to make a fuss. I wonder why they even bothered going, they didn't seem to be interested in the show

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    I know it's going to be super hard, but looking for tickets for my parents. Is Killian Donnelly doing all the shows or how do you know when it would be an understudy, some of the matinees? I know whoever doing it would be great too, and if I can only find tickets for that, find, but just would prefer to know.

My sister and I went to the matinee on Sun 23rd Dec. I found it very difficult to get tickets but I kept checking Ticketmaster everyday and I was lucky to get two tickets the day before the show. So keep checking Ticketmaster as they are releasing extra tickets to some performances.

Killian Donnelly performed at the matinee we went to but I think that was the last performance before Christmas. He was excellent but so were all the cast. It’s always great to see the lead in a show but I’ve been to many shows where the lead has had a night off and their understudies are usually great too and doesn’t really take anything away from the show.

I was at the matinee in 27th and Killian Donnelly played the lead.

New, 6 part series of Les Mis starting tonight on BBC - might be worth a look.

The film was on the other night also - at midnight. A Cameron Macintosh production also so very similar to the show on at the moment. Enjoyed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Hope it's ok to post this, mods please delete if not.
    I have one ticket available, stalls Row AA, for this Sat 5th Jan. My sister has decided to go on a mini break instead :confused:
    PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Onthefence wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to post this, mods please delete if not.
    I have one ticket available, stalls Row AA, for this Sat 5th Jan. My sister has decided to go on a mini break instead :confused:
    PM if interested.

Just sent pm but not sure if it's matinee or evening?

Advertisement