Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside the ropes Goldberg- July 16th Vicar Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i actually wonder will do this go ahead

It already got moved venues and is currently not on sale on TM atm

ticket arrived today

Still says vicar street and my seat number/section there ???

i imagine the Tivoli will be first come first served then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Price seems shocking to me. Flair was doing meet & greets for £40 a couple of years ago and he's Ric f***in Flair! Triple that for the 40 second squash master that was a big deal for a grand total of about 4 years over 20 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 El Polo Loco

Ticket sales must be awful, got send a code today for 20% off tickets.

Ticket sales must be awful, got send a code today for 20% off tickets.

Lucky some of us had to pay full price

I wonder will it actually go ahead if sales are that bad ???

• Advertisement

3 weeks to go

With this being moved to the Tivoli what way will seating work ??

My ticket says Balcony section d in Vicar Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    3 weeks to go

With this being moved to the Tivoli what way will seating work ??

My ticket says Balcony section d in Vicar Street

Tivoli has a balcony of sorts in that there's a slightly raised portion about two feet above the floor in front of stage*. There wouldn't be many seats on the floor - this is where OTT have their wrestling shows and the ring is on the floor and about 40 seats.

*There are also 4 view restricting columns so it might be a good idea to check with the promoter.

oneilla wrote: »
    Tivoli has a balcony of sorts in that there's a slightly raised portion about two feet above the floor in front of stage*. There wouldn't be many seats on the floor - this is where OTT have their wrestling shows and the ring is on the floor and about 40 seats.

*There are also 4 view restricting columns so it might be a good idea to check with the promoter.

Yeah I asked on Facebook and they told me the first 5 rows are for VIP and nothing else

Could be a mess on the night

https://www.tivoli.ie/gallery/

Could they hold the event in the room with all he seats ??

https://www.tivoli.ie/gallery/

Could they hold the event in the room with all he seats ??

• Advertisement

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/goldberg-inside-the-ropes-live-tickets-46017801483

venue map is here, still have to clarify where people with Balcony seats for Vicar street will sit ???

dont think it will sell out but dont want there to be a big mess with the GA seating on the night

Getting close now Next Monday night

Hoping it will be a decent show, according to Tivoli site

17.00pm- VIP doors open
    19.00pm- GA doors
    19.45-21.00- show

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

At this rate I fear it will be just you and Bill having a chat.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    At this rate I fear it will be just you and Bill having a chat.

FB event page has 89 other people down to go 😀

Surly it would of been cancelled if Ticket sales were very poor

I'd say big bill might be over his holidays and decided to do a show here for a bit of extra $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah no I joke, if I had time Id have gone to it. He wouldn't be a huge fav of mine compared to others but hes surely worth a listen and should have some good stories.

Any decent pubs around the venue for a few pre event pints ??

Any decent pubs around the venue for a few pre event pints ??

Thomas House on Thomas St is a hip spot with old rock and roll/rockabilly type music, wide selection of beers and they show the odd bit if wrestling in their TV. There are a good few pubs on Thomas St but I've always found them to be a bit dodgy.

Fallon's at the bottom of Francis St is your old-man local type of place frequented by a younger crowd.

There's a bar directly across from the Tivoli, forget what it's called or what it's like atm

Thomas House on Thomas St is a hip spot with old rock and roll/rockabilly type music, wide selection of beers and they show the odd bit if wrestling in their TV. There are a good few pubs on Thomas St but I've always found them to be a bit dodgy.

Fallon's at the bottom of Francis St is your old-man local type of place frequented by a younger crowd.

There's a bar directly across from the Tivoli, forget what it's called or what it's like atm

thanks il prob get out at Hueston and walk to the tivoli from there. for the HBK show had a pint in JK Stoutmans and it was a nice quite spot.

saw on FB Buskers on the ball are showing Extreme Rules in full but its starting at 6pm. Would of been ideal if they held the Goldberg thing there and then showed the PPV

On route to Dublin now for the show

Hope it's good, enjoy for all the rest of ye going

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hope it goes well, I'd have gone if I was in Ireland. I'm interested in hearing how it was!

• Advertisement

Bloody Thomas house not open til 6pm

Jurys inn bar it is

Wasn't the only one who turned up lol

Few of us here in the bar area, theatre not open yet

Went on a pub crawl, jurys inn, The liberty belle and Thomas house. All nice places. Liberty belle very Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Here in Tivoli now. Quite a few here. Should be a good show.

lycan238 wrote: »
    Here in Tivoli now. Quite a few here. Should be a good show.

Yeah good crowd but lots of room. Merch is quite ****e tbh no programmes

Brillent show really insightful and a few things Siad I didn't here before. Even got up to the front after the show to shake his hand

Big line for the Edge pre sale which took place after the show. Going to try for tickets on Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Brillent show really insightful and a few things Siad I didn't here before. Even got up to the front after the show to shake his hand

Big line for the Edge pre sale which took place after the show. Going to try for tickets on Friday morning

I was in that line but gave up pretty quick. I enjoyed show lots of stuff I knew nothing about. Kindly please share where these elusive Edge tickets are being sold. Alas it will be Friday evening before I get a chancestors to buy any but thinking VIP if any left if not Gen Admission will do.

I was 5th row from front right hand side tonight

Wasn't the only one who turned up lol

Few of us here in the bar area, theatre not open yet

Went on a pub crawl, jurys inn, The liberty belle and Thomas house. All nice places. Liberty belle very Dublin

Got to hear it wasn't just you and Bill :p (though that would've been a story!)

How'd the seating arrangements work out ?

Got to hear it wasn't just you and Bill :p (though that would've been a story!)

How'd the seating arrangements work out ?

GA were left in at about 19.10 with the VIPs who were in since 5pm seated in the first few rows. GA seating was everyone for themselves once inside. Took place in the theatre part of the Tivoli which was pretty intimate. The music venue part looked pretty small too and imagine is very crowded for the OTT shows

Posted a few highlights on the random wrestling thoughts thread. One thing that im remembering is he Siad his new reality show is airing on ITV soon and may be that's the reason he's over in this neck of the woods ??? (Quick flight over to the UK to promote it )

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/watch-goldberg-crashes-toyota-tundra-truck

All makes sense now

He was over to drive cars in the UK and dropped over here for some extra $$$

• Advertisement
Advertisement