Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXIV Signup: Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I did think the poll was often misleading as people who could do both would always just vote for the sooner one even if overall less people may be available to play. If it's the latter one anyway I'll be all over this.

I don't think you can assume why people voted for a certain date though. Why not just zero the poll and have another vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

No need for the poll to be anon, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I don't think you can assume why people voted for a certain date though. Why not just zero the poll and have another vote?

or add an "either date" option

there was an either date option, you could pick both dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote: »

Showing where the votes went or keeping it anon and having an either option FTW

• Advertisement

Just start the game now godammit!

I’m bored and not drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

:confused::confused:

That's Fake News

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is there anyone who can't play if it's on the 25th or would object to us ignoring the poll results if necessary?

If yes, then we will honor the poll, if no, then we would like to give the guys who can't make the 18th a chance to play. Any advice is appreciated, we would like to act in the fairness of everyone.

Thank this post if you’ll play on 25th

Thank this post if you can only play on 18th

• Advertisement

I just want thanks! And I can’t thank me own post!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thank this post if you’ll play on 25th
    Thank this post if you can only play on 18th

Arrrraghhhh! Which one to thank????

Haha ye messers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I voted for both so happy with either option.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

25th Feb
    Argh I'm going to be the awkward backstard who can't actually do the 25th now. Thought I'd work it but the last few nights with D&D have just showed me gaming and working evenings/nights are not compatible.

It's only me though so fire ahead on the 25th lads as there's 4/5 who can't do the 18th. :(

Would have been fun though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    Argh I'm going to be the awkward backstard who can't actually do the 25th now. Thought I'd work it but the last few nights with D&D have just showed me gaming and working evenings/nights are not compatible.

It's only me though so fire ahead on the 25th lads as there's 4/5 who can't do the 18th. :(

Would have been fun though :)

I swear you'll still pop in for a game even if you cant make it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

25th Feb
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    I swear you'll still pop in for a game even if you cant make it.

Nah I'm exhausted today. Was finishing off the D&D campaign the last two nights and got about 4 hours sleep in 2 days, not sustainable.

It'd be a half arsed effort to play and I don't do things in halves so I'd sooner drop out rather than do so.

Nah I'm exhausted today. Was finishing off the D&D campaign the last two nights and got about 4 hours sleep in 2 days, not sustainable.

It'd be a half arsed effort to play and I don't do things in halves so I'd sooner drop out rather than do so.

With WW, D and D and the Draft, doe syour familt ever see you?

Youre an online gaming machine

25th Feb
    With WW, D and D and the Draft, doe syour familt ever see you?

Youre an online gaming machine

The Draft is grand :D I do most of that at work. As for the others... the wife is in the process of setting up a support group named WWW...

Werewolf Widows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

We won't be asking this sort of commitment anyways! Sorry to hear Necro, hopefully the situation will change before the game starts :) Would love to have you aboard

• Advertisement

25th Feb
    Ah that's no one's fault but my own - re the lack of sleep. I'm looking at my roster, a 4-12, a 2-12 and two 10pm-8ams from Sunday - Thursday morn. Ugh...

Don't declare me out... just yet. Will confirm next week. See can I switch the nights with someone else and it would be grand.

I'm a disaster :pac:

Ah that's no one's fault but my own - re the lack of sleep. I'm looking at my roster, a 4-12, a 2-12 and two 10pm-8ams from Sunday - Thursday morn. Ugh...

Don't declare me out... just yet. Will confirm next week. See can I switch the nights with someone else and it would be grand.

The mods have had a chat and the official line is

"No backsies"

So you're in bud, hope you can get the swaps :D

*Edit* If it makes you feel any better I'm trying to figure the logistics of having a WW village in D&D, with doppelgangers and all that need to be hunted out, you're not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

"No backsies"

Mods sound like a girlfriend I used to go out with.

In the space of a few hours "hes in", then "out" and "defo out", to "hold on dont count me out yet"..... by 8pm he will be back in fully

Necro "hokie cokie" Minus

The mods have had a chat and the official line is

"No backsies"

So you're in bud, hope you can get the swaps :D

*Edit* If it makes you feel any better I'm trying to figure the logistics of having a WW village in D&D, with doppelgangers and all that need to be hunted out, you're not alone

Did you not read about Tarmsworth?
    Village in the grip of insanity

25th Feb
    In the space of a few hours "hes in", then "out" and "defo out", to "hold on dont count me out yet"..... by 8pm he will be back in fully

Necro "hokie cokie" Minus

Nah you see my dilemna is that I'm modding with Pter and Molly in March, then not available for a game till June at the earliest after that with some RL stuff. So last chance saloon to actually play here (bar a one nighter I guess) for about 5 months.

Did you not read about Tarmsworth?
    Village in the grip of insanity

Nah haven't had time to do a full catch up in ages, I'm a good bit behind

25th Feb
    Actually - lads I'm gonna withdraw. 25th just doesn't work for me. Best of luck with it though will follow along!

Actually - lads I'm gonna withdraw. 25th just doesn't work for me. Best of luck with it though will follow along!

:(

We'll get a nightly going for ya in April or May

• Advertisement

(Hit play before reading)
    Dear Necro,

If my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter not long after you saw the Disney game struck by a bolt of controversy. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight weeks mostly in the cryptocurrency forum. The controversy that hit the Disney game caused a frustration overload which scrambled the craic, activated a post-mortem thread, and sent me back to lurking. The overload shorted out some patience and disrupted the good vibes of the community. Unfortunately, some players might never play again.

I tried to reestablish myself as a regular poster in the soccer forum while I attempted to repair the damage to my Boards experience. Unfortunately, this proved impossible because the soccer forum is a dumpster fire lately. However, I've gotten quite adept myself at walking that fine line between being a contrarian and trolling.

I have buried the memory of the Disney game in the abandoned Delgado Mine, adjacent to the old Boot Hill Cemetery, as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved as an example to new WW players until they uncover it in 2018. Inside, they will find some very extreme tactics. Our 2019 counterparts should have no problem bumping it so that the new players can see it in the future.

Do not — I repeat — do not attempt to miss this next WW game. You will not be perfectly happy just lurking and only posting in the Deadroom, and I fear that unnecessary time-out only risks disruption of the overall WW experience. And please think of the gifs. I know that you would give them a good run in the new game. These are my wishes; please respect them and follow them.

And so Necro, I now say farewell and wish you Godspeed if this is to be it. You've been a good, kind, and tricksy adversary to me, and you've made a real difference in my WW experience. I will always treasure our WWE game and think of you with fond memories, mixed feelings, and a special place on my 'Be wary of that hoor' radar.

Your friend in time,

Stu Redman.

February 9th, 2018
    ^Just a bit of craic.:o

Count me in for this next game please.

I don't mind whether it starts on the 18th or 25th, it's gonna upend my life either way.

Anon or non-anon, I'm easy on that one too.

Advertisement